- Over 8+ years of experience in the field of information technology with expertise in Database Design, Development, Implementation and Support of MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008 and over 4 years of experience in suite products like SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Extensive Experience in creating, configuring and Fine - tuning ETL workflows designed between Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Systems using DTS and SSIS of MS SQL.
- Ability to deliver comprehensive Business Intelligence through integration of BI suite of products (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) including MS solutions like MS EXCEL 2007/2010, Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in Data warehousing tools, Data Mapping, Unit Testing, Migration, Conversions, and Process Documentation.
- Experience in various Extracting, Transforming and Loading ETL/SSIS data flow ETL/SSIS using SSIS.
- Excellent in writing T-SQL, working on DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Data Cleansing, Data Scrubbing and Data Migration, also created Indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, effective functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Highly Proficient in T-SQL DDL/DML, perform most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts.
- Skilled in creating virtualization reports using Power BI.
- Extensive experience with data modeling, logical and physical database design using Erwin.
- Experience in using tools like Database engine tuning advisor, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Thorough understanding of Kimball’s theory, KPIs and Perspective, Data mining structures.
- Experience in deploying reports on SharePoint Server using SharePoint Integrated Mode.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server reporting services (SSRS). Created & formatted Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form OLAP, Sub reports, ad-hoc reports, parameterized reports, interactive reports & custom reports.
- Experience in providing SSRS server level, item level Security & Accessibility to various reports in multi-user environment.
- Involved in Database Design, Data modeling, Development, Implementation, ETL and Reporting in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Creating and deploying parameterized reports using Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Good SQL Server Administration skills including, Backups, Restore, database maintenance, user authorizations and Database creation.
- In depth understanding of SQL Server Migrations and problem management.
- On-call duty with teammates 1-2 weeks per month and active involvement in Go-live activities.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, understanding of business requirements in various domains.
Languages: T-SQL, C# .Net, C, C++
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, PL/SQL, MS Access, MS SQL Server, MVC Toad
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS)
Business Intelligence Tools: SSIS, Export & Import (DTS), SSRS, SSAS/SQL, POWER BI
Applications: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visual Studio
Web: HTML, XML, Web API Team Foundation Server
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Sr SQL/SSRS Report Developer
- Developed various T-SQLstored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables and Table valued Functions for data extraction, data load and transformations.
- Created Reports with different Output formats such as Excel file, fixed width text file, PDF, tab-delimited and pipe-delimited.
- Worked on several State Reports and used SSIS to create multiple destination files from single/multiple sources.
- Designed and developed various Service Management Reports, utilizing Dynamic and Cascading Prompts, sub-reports, charts, parameterized reports, conditional and dynamic reports using SSRS 2012.
- Exposure to Power BI concepts for creating visualized reports and publishing it within the team.
- Prepare the detailed level ETL mapping specification documents describing the algorithms and flowchart and mentioning the source systems, change data capture logic, transformation logic involved in each field, the lookup tables, lookup logic used and the target systems per each individual mapping involved with the Datamarts. Also, document the important SSIS session properties that should be used for executing SSIS Packages from Teradata in to the SSIS Database.
- Generated reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Published the dashboard reports to Power BI service for navigating the developed dashboards in web.
- Develop physical data models using ERWIN and created DDL scripts for database schema and objects.
- Worked with various Delivery mechanisms of Reports including Email /PDF/Schedules etc. and scheduled SSIS packages.
- Implemented Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data so0urces using SSIS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Tested Power bi reports and verified the data with the source database data and checked the accuracy of data.
- Data Modeling of all Process flows to integrate multiple banking systems via acquisition using Visio 2013 and CA Erwin 9.0 Tools, NDM Data Transmission with SSIS Packages.
- Develop complex SSIS packages with different data sources incorporating script task (VB scripting or C# scripting), etc. to deliver data reports to business users.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Created SSRS (SQLServer Reporting Services) reports having multiple Parameters and cascading parameters, Navigation to a sub reports and created book marks when report is exported to PDF or EXCEL File.
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, calculated members, dropdowns from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Responsible to build Reports for different Markets and ADHOC reports as per request.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQLServer, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS (SQLServer Integration Services)
- Documented Back out Implementation Plan for all the work done and also created the CMD files.
- Worked with Team foundation server version Control to maintain the different versions of Code, RDL Files, Back out Scripts, CMD files & SSIS Packages.
- Created Subscriptions to provide reports on a daily/weekly/monthly/Quarterly and annual basis.
- Worked with Oracle Application database to pull Claims, Providers, and Members information for various reports and extracts.
- Provided 24/7 Production Support for the maintenance & scheduling of reports.
Environment: SQLServer 2012/2014/2016 , Report Builder 3.0, Web API, Power BI, MVC, Tableau, C# .NET ETL, Business Intelligence Studio (SSIS, SSRS), TSQL, MS Excel.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Designed and Developed Database Objects likeTables, Stored Procedures, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types andfunctionsfor this project.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List reports and Sub-reports using SSRS.
- Imported data from mainframe flat files and relational database Oracle files into files per detailed specifications.
- DevelopedSQL Server Stored Procedures, Tuned SQL Queries (using Indexes and Execution Plan).
- Involved in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill Down and
- Drill Through functionality and Graphical representation for effective analysis.
- Design and development of reports, views, workflows, and dashboards using Visio 2010,
- SharePoint 2010 Designer, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), and Performance Point Dashboard Designer
- Created web-based reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SP Integrated) and SharePoint Performance Point Services.
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of Performance Tuning Exercise.
- Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and Created facts, dimensions and star schema representation For the data warehouse.
- Scheduled report delivery in formats like PDF, Excel file, CSV, Microsoft Word and text files by creating subscriptions on the report server to business users as a mail attachment.
- Created database maintenance planner for the performance of SQL Server, which covers database
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/ 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, C# .NET, PL/SQL, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, Windows 7, SSMS.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SQL Server/BI Developer
- The project is designed in two phase's data gathering and reporting, the data gathering part is done using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and the reporting portion is built on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) platforms
- Responsible for Data Modeling based on the client requirements, daily maintenance and performance tuning.
- Developed Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports parameterized Reports Sub reports, Snapshot and Adhoc reports (SSRS).
- Developed physical data models using ERWIN/ ER Studio and created DDL scripts for database schema and objects.
- Worked on Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2014/2012 on Test, Development and for Production Environments worked closely with Admin teams.
- Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, TSQL for complex business logic.
- Design and implementation of SSIS/ETL process for the system.
- Data conversion from mainframe system and Oracle databases to SQL server.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages that can be dynamically deployed into development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations, standardized the implementation of data.
- Experience in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Used c#.net asp web pages to show the deployed reports as required by the user
- Involved in creating various Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Store Procedure, Trigger, Views, and Roles Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Designed and developed different type of reports including Tabular forms, Dashboards, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports, custom report, Drill down reports using SSRS.
- Developed dashboards and key Performance Indicators (KPI) with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI
- Responsible for Deployment of the report to report server using SSRS and used Report Subscription (Data Driven and Standard) to publish reports.
- Uses of power pivot, red gate tools for different purposes. Use of source control product such as Team foundation server.
- Modified stored procedures to meet current design and used them in SQL Server.
- Maintain security, assign logins, permissions and desk support for problems related to Active Directory.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, MS dynamics 2013/2015, Red Gate tools, Power Pivot, TFS 2013, Agile/SCRUM SharePoint 2013, MS SSRS/SSIS 2012, Web API, T-SQL, MVC Visual studio 2013, MS Visio.
- Worked with Business Analyst in Gathering the Business Requirements and analyzing to design and create the database.
- Created SSIS packages for data conversion using Data Conversion Transformation.
- Created package configurations for dynamic connection string to enhance the ease of package deployment, implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel,SQLServer2008 R2 and Flat files.
- Created corresponding RDLs by using the stored procedures on New System.
- Using SSRS creating well-formed reports and web-based reports for Finance related applications and transactions.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server 2012/2008 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-Hoc reports as per the client requirements.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) metrics to create scorecards.
- Report parameters included single valued parameters, multi-value parameters which also consist of different parameter types like hidden, internal, default (queried and non-queried parameters).
- Created SSIS Packages to move files from one location to another using FTP Task.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports and etc. based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the ReportServerto reduce the repetition the reports.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling by identifying the fact and dimension tables based on the user and reporting requirements.
- Developed SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Optimized queries by using Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Having worked on configuring and developing Power BI dashboards.
- Experience in refreshing dataset using Power BI gateway.
- Worked on Data transformations, Data Migration/ Data Conversion to extract data from SQL Server Databases.
- Worked on Data Migration activities such as extracting, migrating, validation of data.
- Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Created extensive stored procedures and updated tables and triggers as per the changes in the requirement.
- Involved in debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008/2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, MVC VB Script, ASP.NET,XHTML, XML, MS SQL Query Analyzer, Web API, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Tableau.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Gathering end user requirements, developed applications and different audit functionalities depending on the requirement acting for both system analysts and application developer.
- Composed user requirement documents, created technical specs and design documents for various projects.
- Generated complex T-SQL queries, sub-queries, co-related sub queries, dynamic SQL queries etc.
- Programming in SQL server using stored procedures, triggers, views, user-defined functions
- Involved in database design, normalization, de-normalization in building data warehouse and reporting systems.
- Involved in query tuning by creating cluster and non-cluster indexes on tables, and used index tuning wizard.
- Worked with several control flow tasks, data flow tasks, transformations (derived column, lookup, merge join, conditional split, slowly changing dimensions, data conversion etc.) in SSIS packages.
- Used event handlers for event handling which includes on pre- execute, post execute and error.
- Involved in package logging in both standards (SQL server and file based) and custom logging using customer stored procedure and tables.
- Involved in monitoring and deployment of SSIS packages across dev., uat, and production environments using dtexec utility, command prompt with .bat files etc.
- Involved in installation, configuration, maintenance, deployment and troubleshooting SSRS reports.
- Created complex reports like table report, matrix report, cascading report, sub reports, drill down, drill through and chart reports using complex data set queries, stored procedures, views in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Created ad-hoc reports more often based on end user requirements.
- Performed daily DBA activities, security assignment, user setup, backup, restore and job monitoring on MS SQL Server
- Generated and formatted reports using global variables, expressions and functions.
- Involved in developing parameterized reports using single values, multi values and cascading parameters.
- Built effective queries for high performance reporting and rendered them to html, xml, pdf, MS word and excel formats using SSRS (2005/2008).
Environment: SQL server 2005/2008/2012 , SQL Query Analyzer, SQL profiler,, Enterprise Manager, ERWIN Data Modeler, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Web API, Windows Server 2003/2008, OLTP, OLAP, DTS, Visual Studio 2008, ETL, MS Access.