- Having 6+ years of experience as a Data Analyst with solid understanding of Data Acquisition, Storage, Machine Learning, Predictive Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, and Interactive Dashboards.
Languages: Python 3.x, R, SQL, T - SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Data base: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, MS Access
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
Libraries: Scikit-Learns, Keras, Tensor flow, NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn
Statistical Methods: Hypothetical Testing, ANOVA, Time Series, Confidence Intervals, Bayes Law, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Dimensionality Reduction, Cross-Validation
Machine Learning: Regression analysis, Bayesian Method, Decision Tree, Random Forests, Support Vector Machine, Neural Network, K-Means Clustering, KNN and Ensemble Method, Natural Language Processing
Reporting Tools: Tableau 10.x, 9.x, 8.x which includes Desktop, Server and Online, Microsoft Power BI.
Data Visualization: Tableau, Matplotlib, Sea-born, Microsoft Power BI
Machine Learning: Regression, clustering, SVM, Decision trees, Classification, Recommendation systems etc.
Big data Framework: Amazon EC2, S3 and EMR
ETL/Data Warehouse Tools: Web Intelligence, Talend, Informatica, Tableau, Data Modeling Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, and FACT and dimension tables, Pivot Tables
Confidential, Bolingbrook, IL
Sr. Data Analyst
- Utilizing advanced statistical methodologies and machine learning models like linear, multiple & logistic regression, decision trees, Bayesian inference to solve complex business problems.
- Performed Data profiling, preliminary data analysis and handle anomalies such as missing, duplicates, outliers, and imputed irrelevant data.
- Work extensively with advanced analytical action utilizing various filters, sets, groups, LOD, parameters, hierarchy, calculated fields, table calculations on Tableau reports and workbooks
- Strong hands on experience with creating dashboards, data visualizations and analytics using Tableau Desktop
- Handling large sets of data using Python and Tableau.
- Analyzing large data sets and conducting regression analysis and understanding Gaussian distribution
- Methodically writing complex queries for joining, filtering and analyzing data using SQL Server 2014
- Create data stories and visualizations using Tableau and Power BI.
- Automate different workflows, which are initiated manually with Python scripts and Unix Shell Scripting.
- Integrated data from various Data sources like Oracle, MSSQL Server, IBMDB2, Teradata using Informatica to perform Extraction, Transformation, loading (ETL processes)
- Prepared data quality criteria and governance for Data Warehousing Application.
- Loaded Flat File Data into Designed and built Star and Snowflake dimensional models creating facts, dimensions, measures, cube and established data granularity
- Performed extensive data modelling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models.
- Successfully completed the Proof of Concept in a Data Analyst role using Alteryx a Data analysis, BI software with SQL Server.
- Used data analysis techniques to validate business rules and identify low quality for Missing data in the existing Humana Enterprise data warehouse EDW.
- , ELB, security groups
- Creating a high availability and scalable AWS stacks using EC2 auto scaling functionality
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.x,9.x, SQL Server 2014, Python 3.x, power BI, R, SSAS, AWS, ETL, Oracle, Alteryx, Informatica, Teradata, MS Excel, Origin, Agile Scrum
Confidential, New York
Sr. Data Analyst
- Design and develop analytics, machine learning models, and visualizations that drive performance and provide insights, from prototyping to production deployment and product recommendation and allocation planning.
- Perform independent analysis on complex data sets using JMP, MS Excel, and Tableau
- Worked on upgrading Tableau Dashboards to newer version 10.3 to take advantage of new features as well as other improvements and enhancements
- Worked on predictive analytics use - cases using Python language.
- Generating various capacity-planning reports (graphical) using Python packages like Numpy, matplotlib.
- Integrating individual data marts into Enterprise level Data Warehouse using conformed Dimensions and Conformed Facts.
- Develops, maintains, and supports complex enterprise data warehouse systems and corresponding data marts.
- Creating data base objects like tables, temp tables, views, stored procedures, functions, indexes, triggers, PIVOT in SQL Server 2008, 2012
- Developed UNIX shell scripts for data manipulation.
- Used data sources from SQL, Oracle, SSAS cubes and files to generate reports in Tableau.
- Hand on experience in designing the data conversion strategy, development of data mappings and the design of Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) routines for migrating data from different sources
- Supporting clients as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through trouble shooting, preparing ad-hoc reports and presentations
- Established and documented Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) for each stages of the product development through documentation
- Extracted data from the databases (Oracle and SQL Server) using Informatica to load it into a single data warehouse repository of Teradata
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata.
- Utilized critical path method to effectively complete projects within project timeline and budget
- Worked with cross functional team to identify risk, plan risk response, risk mitigation and developed risk resolution
- Coordinated with external team & consultants for successful implementation of knowledge transfer through “Technology Transfer”
Environment: SQL MS 2008, Python 3.x, Tableau 9.x, 8.x, Power BI, MS Excel, Oracle, Informatica, ETL, Data warehouse, Teradata, SSAS, Agile Scrum.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Collaborating with data engineers and operation team to implement ETL process, wrote and optimized SQL queries to perform data extraction to fit the analytical requirements
- Writing simple and advanced SQL queries and scripts to create standard and ad-hoc reports for senior managers
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables
- Responsible for analyzing various data sources such as flat files, ASCII Data, EBCDIC Data, Relational Data (Oracle, DB2 UDB, MSSQL Server) from various heterogeneous data sources
- Applied various data mining techniques: Linear Regression & Logistic Regression, classification, clustering
- Used Tableau for reporting the business performance (KPI’s and metrics)
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata.
- Expert inTableau Desktop 9.x/8.x, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server and Experienced in analysis, modeling, design, and development of Tableau reports and dashboards for analytics
- Presented discovered trends and analysis, forecast data, recommendations and risks identified to the higher management
- Used the Waterfall methodology to build the different phases of Software development life cycle
- Performed in depth statistical analysis on collected data and prepared presentation & peer reviewed publications
Environment: SQL MS 2008, Microsoft Power BI, Python 3.x, Tableau Desktop 9.x/8.x, SAS, MySQL, ETL, Oracle, Waterfall.