- An experienced Db2/IMS Database Administrator with a strong background in Database Design and Development, Database Administration and Production Support.
- Have Insurance, Utilities, Retail and Manufacturing Industry experience, via Confidential, Confidential, Travelers, The Hartford, Confidential and Confidential .
- Proficient in a broad range of mainframe and server - based disciplines, to include IMS DB/DC Database Management, Db2, CICS, MQ, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, SQL.
- Expert in using of mainframe Tools including BMC, CA Platinum and IBM DBA Tools, TOAD, CDC, DataVantage® for IMS, BMC AR/CTL, SAR, AFOPER, SPUFI, QMF etc.
- Proficient in a broad range of IMS/DB2 on Z/OS Database Admin Utilities such as Backup and recovery, Reorg, Runstats, DBRC, Unload, Load etc.
- Strong background in system wide disaster recovery procedures.
- Experience in ITIL, BPM, and Agile environments.
- Keen ability to quickly grasp business and technical issues involved in the implementation of complex business applications.
- Clear and concise communication skills, in both written and verbal formats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well independently or as a member of a team.
- Independent skills allow me to work from home as part of a virtual team of DBA’s located at various sites across the Globe.
- Able to think clearly, act decisively, and keep cool even when working against a tight deadline or in a high-stress situation.
- Db2/IMS Database Administration
- BMC Mainview
- MS Windows
- MSOffice Suite
- MS Visio
- MS Project
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Db2/IMS Lead Database Administrator
- Administer and maintain Db2 and IMS mainframe databases across all of Confidential ’s corporate mainframe platforms.
- Serving as the DBSG resource for the Client to perform functions of defining/maintaining and generation of the IMS DB control blocks (DBD, PSB, ACB) the IMS database definitions (DBD) as well as creation and maintenance of both online and batch transactions.
- Creation, maintenance and reporting of various DB2 objects that supports the Business data. The List of Objects do include Databases, Tablespaces, Tables, Views, Sequence objects, Indexes, Packages, Bind cards, SQLs etc.,
- Providing tech support and On-call Support to the application staff regarding IMS and DB2 issues and problems.
- Monitoring the DB2 subsystem for issues and performance bottlenecks that does include monitoring/reporting the locking, timeout, long running SQL queries, CPU utilization, Memory usage.
- Performed IMS installations, upgrades, and testing along with IBM IMS System programmers up to IMS v15 in both Test and Production regions.
- Review the SQL Queries from Application team and run to check through Explains and use tools to observe the COST of the queries to suggest for better tuned query. Code simple/complicated SQL queries to support the application needs when DBA's help is sought for OLTP and OLAP needs.
- Make changes to database structures when necessary and perform proper utilities to support the changes and it includes HD unload, HISAM unload, Pre-reorganization, HISAM Reload, Prefix update, prefix resolution, Secondary Index build, Image copy and PCP etc., for full function and other significant utilities for the DEDB and HALDB databases as they differ in its design and processes.
- Supported CDC replication and management console tasks for the replication of data among various IMS to IMS and IMS to DB2 data moves.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Scheduling Migration of DB2 subsystems and maintenance rollouts for DB2 V11 upgrade to Compatibility mode and New function mode.
- Receive, apply and propagate software fixes across supported DB2 Tools Provide timely resolution to DB2 Upgrade related problems
- Work with DBA and Product support teams to identify and resolve DB2 software related problems.
- Work with mainframe and open-systems application Support teams to provide Pre and Post Upgrade guidance.
- Provide Post Upgrade Support for Batch and Online issue trouble shooting work with Product support teams to implement Product fixes.
- Member of the Change Control Board
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Offshore DBA Lead
- Providing support to Mainframe Databases built around IMS and DB2.
- Supporting DB changes in Test and Prod regions. Work closely with the various testing teams (System test, Performance test and UAT).
- Performance tuning, making changes to the DB2/IMS/Oracle/GP systems per the development teams need.
- Participate in meetings related to peak season monitoring, capacity planning and Adhoc DB tasks.
- Provide on-call support to the mainframe databases.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Performed release changes, refresh of IMS/DB2 databases to the preprod levels, monitoring growth of the databases
- Performance Tuning, DB2 security., Supporting oncall on prod/preprod systems.
- Served as primary Onshore SME for DB2 DBA and IMS DBA.
- Database design (logical/physical)/DB2 Object management/design, Backup/Recovery strategy, Implementing Database Changes for Application changes. Designing the load process.
- Monitor the Load process for lock contention and Performance issues using Omegamon.
- Generating and review the Performance Reports from DB2 PM, Omegamon and Strobe. Tuning the Tablespace and Index parameters, Buffer pool sizes etc for reducing the Load Timelines.
- Explain the SQL statements and recommend the tuning opportunities using EXPLAIN utility, Visual Explain tools. Move the data across different databases by using utilities like UNLOAD, LOAD and Perform maintenance tasks on the Database using utilities like RUNSTATS, REORG, REBIND, and Rebalance etc
- Design the Backup and Recovery procedures for WCC Database using IBM DB2 Utilities On-call support for database issues and batch processing
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Worked closely with the Business, Application, and Data modelling team to capture the necessary creates /modification and apply the same in all the environment to support Production Implementations.
- Creation of Objects like Databases/Tablespaces/Tables/Index/Views and provide proper privileges to access data/package/plan by the users.
- Monitor the transactions/objects to check for the performance and tune the SQL code through tools like Explain, Mainview, Support performance Tuning cost saving by minimizing the deadlocks and eliminating conflicting schedules.
- Schedule and maintain DB2/IMS utilities to provide the objects proper recovery strategies through image copies, reorgs, loads etc.
- Work with the Operations during the maintenance and the upgrade/IPL times for the Start and stop of the replication started tasks. Provide on-call support for DB2 and Replication.
- Review the Performance Reports from DB2 PM, Omegamon and Strobe.
- Tuning the Tablespace and Index parameters, Buffer pool sizes etc for reducing the Load Timelines.
- Explain the SQL statements and recommend the tuning opportunities using EXPLAIN utility, Visual Explain tools.
- Move the data across different databases by using utilities like UNLOAD, LOAD and Perform maintenance tasks on the Database using utilities like RUNSTATS, REORG, REBIND, and Rebalance etc Design the Backup and Recovery procedures