- Extensive experience in technical, web, proposal, grant, marketing, sales, real estate and public relations writing.
- Provided technical writing and training services for a wide range of clients.
- Written to such standards as GPO, DOD - STD-7935A, MIL-STD-806, NASA TP-1817, 1SO9001 and IRM 2553.
- Written web content for business and database sites.
- Experience with HTML, Visio, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, Visual Basic, C++, UNIX.
- Expertise in developing training courses and manuals using the Information Mapping methodology.
- Written user, systems, design, security, software, procedure and testing documentation.
- Background in writing press releases, brochures, sales material, reports and white papers.
- Successfully designed and developed documentation for a wide range of technical specifications.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid record of performance in meeting deadlines and completing tasks.
- Created user and design manual format for telecommunications company that was selected as company-wide standard.
- Managed technical proposal section of winning proposal effort on a multi-million dollar federal contract bid.
- Wrote white paper on the advantages of using client/server technology in developing an Oracle database project.
- Paper was instrumental in helping database manager’s decision to pursue the client/server process.
- Created online and offline media kit documentation for internet radio company that was used to persuade several clients to advertise with the company.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Independent Contracting
- Information Technology
- Project Coordination
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Real Estate
- Systems Analysis
- Technical Writing
- Word Processing
Platforms: Windows 2000/NT/XP, UNIX, MS-DOS, DEC, Client/Server, Enterprise
Databases: SQL Server 2000, MS Access 2000, MSDE, Oracle
Productivity: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, FrontPage, Visual Interdev, MS Excel, MS Project
Graphics: Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Page Maker
Testing: Rational Tools (Rational Rose, etc.), ClearCase, DOORS
Modeling: OMT, IEW, Erwin, RAD, ERD, OOATOOL, Visio
Confidential, Largo, MD
Public Relations Director
- Wrote press releases, advertising copy, commercials, sales material, marketing material and grant proposals.
- Wrote real estate and financial copy for internet radio commercial ads and programming.
- Established public relations policy and practices for Confidential ’s three internet radio stations and TV show.
- Created media kit for station. Developed business strategic plan for station.
- Worked with business clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Visual Basic/SQL Server System Analyst
- Helped reengineer MS-DOS-based TDS using Visio 2000 and BPR techniques.
- Performed business analysis functions, such as conducting JAD sessions, providing process and gap analyses and writing technical reports.
- Developed graphical user interfaces (GUI).
Confidential, Hyattsville, MD
- Provided assistance to applicants seeking grant money.
- Trained applicants on how to use online system for grant application.
- Troubleshot system software problems.
Confidential, Langley Park, MD
- Helped diagnose computer needs and come up with solutions.
- Maintained the network of computers.
- Troubleshot computers to resolve software/hardware problems.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Helped established project management policies for new IT order management and provisioning project management group.
- Advised IT vice president, directors and senior managers on strategic and tactical planning for various projects.
- Worked with developers to clarify systems requirements.
- Mentored junior project managers.
- Worked with customers on planning of various RAD projects.
- Wrote and reviewed project and technical documents for various projects, including scope and requirements documentation.
- Ensured quality control systems were in place, following such standards as ISO9001:2000.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Ensured projects conformed to HIPAA.
- Participated in initial JAD/IT planning for significant upgrade to patient accounting system.
- Managed business case for PAS upgrade.
- Wrote requirements, design and test documentation for PPAS.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Web Programmer/Systems Analyst
- Worked on a RAD, B2B e-commerce web development project.
- Helped confirm user requirements using JAD, UML and use cases.
- Helped create Active Server Pages (ASP) using Visual InterDev 6.0.
- Worked with web data in SQL Server 7.0.
- Wrote test scripts and design documentation for project.