Operating Systems: IBM iSeries/AS400, .NET 3.5 Framework, Windows 7 and XP
Utilities: WDSC, PDM, SDA, FTP, X-Analysis, ALDON, Turnover, QUERY 400, Visual Studio, Visual Web Developer and WAMP Server
Software: MAPICS, Client Access Emulation Software, Microsoft Word and Excel, Visio, GMI and CODA
- Designed, implemented and maintained AS/400 related applications by creating customized programs which interfaced between production and financial software for multi-national futures trading firm with strong emphasis on accounting aspect of company.
- Often, programs created for one country were later modified for use in other locations. On occasion, traveled internationally for the firm for special projects in order to achieve required outcomes and facilitate communication.
- Worked with users to gather project requirements and then conducted technical analysis and offered solutions with the ultimate goal of increasing productivity, improving data integrity and solving production issues.
- Took full ownership of applications and was responsible for complete project life cycle including testing and maintenance. Dedicated, self-disciplined and detail oriented with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines as required.
- Developed Give-up Billing System that extracted data from the GMETH1F1 file in GMI enabling monthly bills to be created at worldwide locations and also loaded into CODA (accounting system). This function was previously done manually.
- Created custom systems using FTGMIFC and SDGMIFC to load trades from various exchanges into GMI at designated intervals throughout the trading day enabling users to see current data at a glance.
- Designed Brokerage Upload to CODA that extracted account data from GMIST4F1 file and GMIGLOF1 file in GMI and then sorted and grouped the results into a format where it could be uploaded to CODA on a nightly basis. This program was developed to replace a manual system and was utilized for over twelve years for trades worldwide.
- Developed system enabling data from GMI to be uploaded to the XRT Treasury System for Chicago, London and Paris trades thus creating a unified process to handle the transactions. Previously, various methodologies were used that could not interface with each other.
- Rewrote a system allowing commissions to be split among different traders by flat rate or percentage. This flexibility enabled automatic calculation and payment of commissions. The original system (designed by another programmer) had severe limitations and hard coding which was not practical or functional and did not have normalized files thus limiting the number of traders for which commissions could be captured.
- Designed system where data was extracted from GMI for specific options contracts and transformed into Electronic Blue Sheets (EBS) for reporting to SIAC for compliance requests.
- Created Margin Reports that extracted several values from GMIMNYF1 and developed customized reports that grouped and totaled amounts by related accounts
- Developed program using C# which converted temperatures from Fahrenheit to Celsius and back again along with a sliding scale to show the temperature and display an image based upon the temperature indicated. Using C# developed a program for an inventory system for a store that sells books and music CDs. Developed a C# program to display customer orders and details. This program used ADO.NET to get data from the SQL server.