- Highly skilled and enthusiastic IT professional with several years of work experience as a MSBI/ Power BI Developer and consultant working for major corporate clients.
- Strong experience in using the Microsoft Suite (SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Power BI.
- Experience with RDBMS: Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors, Normalization.
- Experience in tools like Database engine tuning advisor, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Well versed in the ETL Lifecycle and Agile Methodology.
- Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of various medium and large - scale client/server applications in a structured development environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-managing, and teamwork spirit, goal-oriented, highly motivated with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI Suite (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI Pro, Power BI Desktop), Microsoft Excel Pivot Table, and Data Models to gather information from multiple sources and deliver information to the end user.
- Experienced in building statistical KPI reporting dashboards with predictive analysis.
- Having experience writing DAX Queries
- Excellent DAX Skills and the ability to create and troubleshoot complex calculations and measures
- Experience creating custom visualizations and professional dashboards in Power BI service, Power BI Desktop and Power BI Mobile app.
- Designing and Implementing Database Schema, Data modeling, creating normalized datasets, Tables, Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, Schemas, Views, Temp tables, and complex SQL statements.
- Used T-SQL to design databases and tables using normalization, primary and foreign keys to ensure inferential integrity.
- Establishing data consistency, indexing and data cleanup procedures to maintain high quality data that can be used for reporting.
- Query Optimization and Performance Tuning of Stored Procedures using SQL Profiler and Estimated Query plans, normalization, indexing and Transaction Isolation levels, monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes and scripts.
- Experience in the design and development of Reports and Dashboard, Sub-Reports, Drilldown reports, Drill through reports, Parameterized reports, Chart reports, Gauge reports, Map reports (by territory, by country, by state) using SSRS.
- Experience with Report Server and Report Manager.
- Ability to Schedule standard and data driven Subscriptions.
- Ability to apply security roles to prevent unauthorized use of data.
- Designed data structure with multiple facts and dimension tables to hold the source data to be used for building new reports with SSRS
- Designed OLAP cubes with star schema and multiple partitions using SSAS.
- Created, Processed, Partitioned the cubes using SSAS
- Developed complex SSAS cubes with fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Warehousing Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Experienced in transforming unstructured data from various data sources such as Excel Spreadsheets, OLTP databases, flat files, XML, FMTP files etc.
- Implemented various Error handling and Event Handling Techniques to ensure efficient package execution.
- Created complex SSIS packages using various tasks and transformations in Control flow and Data flow.
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access, My SQL
IDE & BI Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) v.17, MS Visual Studio 2015/2017, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development (BIDS)
Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, XML, HTML, C#, .NET, VB.NET
ETL / Reporting Tools: SSIS, SSRS & Power BI
App Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite)
Power BI Analyst
- Reviewed input data and ensured formatting accuracy for intake to reporting process.
- Worked with Enterprise Architect to understand business needs behind analytics and reporting requests.
- Determined business requirements and understand role-based needs for business data.
- Created functional requirements and design for roadmaps, dashboards, and any tabular reporting in Power BI.
- Created a manual for ongoing maintenance and production of roadmaps, dashboards and reports.
- Designed and built roadmaps and HR dashboards for the organization to facilitate implementation of various projects and time management of employees.
- Deployed reports to production and project online.
SQL/Power BI Developer
- Worked with business teams to gain a rich understanding of their business, analytical, and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics.
- Performed detailed data analysis to determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples.
- Advanced experienced with the DAX language including the manipulation of filter context, variables, and performance techniques.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Involved in creation of various Business Intelligence/ Analytical Dashboards utilizing Power BI with global filters, calculated columns and measures using complex DAX calculations and transformations using Query Editor & Power Query Formula Language (M).
- Worked extensively building Power BI Dashboards with quick insights into KPIs and Advance analysis actions, Calculations, Parameters, Maps and Scatter plots.
- Used Trend Lines Statistics and Log Axes, Groups hierarchies, time intelligence to create detailed and summary level reports and Dashboards with KPIs using Power BI.
- Worked on Power BI dashboards using stacked bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, waterfall charts, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Publishing of various kinds of live interactive data visualization dashboard reports and workbooks from Power BI Desktop to Power BI servers.
- Designed & developedPower BI and SSRS dashboards for Claims Adjustment Operations
- Optimizing existing data models including changing load scripts to load data in optimized way to achieve reduction of loading time, simplifying complex expressions in the front-end, improving layout structure
- Working with the business to document and develop KPIs for the calculations in thePower BI and SSRS apps.
- Extensive experience in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User-Defined Functions.
- Experience in using all kinds of Constraints, managing Indexes, Locks, troubleshooting deadlocks and handling the Isolation Levels.
- Identified and worked with multi-value parameters for parameterized reports inSSRS and Power BI.
- Scheduled, maintained, and supported the distribution and access to reports at Server level.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server forPower BI Gateway and SSRS.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Drill through, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports inSSRS.
- Developed Proof of Concepts (POC) for various projects usingSSRS and Power BI.
- Expert knowledge of deploying SSRS dashboards.
- Centralized the list of users having access to multiple applications inPower BIsuch that it is easy to track which user has access to which application.
- Developed business logic using DAX to provide custom functionality inPower BIApplications.
- Implemented tasks (both personal and On- Premise) to schedule Power BI Gateway and Dashboard refreshes at regular intervals and appropriate dependencies.
SQL ETL Engineer
- Creating efficient SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data into target databases.
- Reviewing current ETL packages and suggesting improvements for efficiency.
- Monitoring error logs and correcting ETL issues uncovered as well as building processes that prevent recurring issues in the future.
- Participation in software design discussions to enhance performance and solution delivery to clients.
- Engaging Account Managers and Clients on conference calls to better understand their business needs and implementing long lasting solutions to resolve client data processing issues.
- Researching account discrepancies and writing corrective T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures to correct them.
- Import & Export of data from one server to other servers using tools like DTS and bulk copy. Periodic monitoring of the system for bottlenecks.
- Providing some 24/7 support via rotating responsibility model within the Data Management team.
- Using ETL failures to create job aids for training purposes.
- Soliciting Functional Requirements from Account Management and implementing ETL solutions for new clients.
- Participating in daily scrums and brainstorming sessions
Business Intelligence Developer
- Interacted, retrieved, and analyzed business requirements
- Developed complex stored procedures utilizing transactions, merge statements and dynamic SQL
- Developed Complex reports usingSSRSand created a tree view application to view the recent reports generated and a scheduler to schedule a selected report to be run on a particular date
- Developed interactive dashboards, reports, and scorecards in SSRS
- Designed SSIS packages to bring data from existing OLTP databases to the new data warehouse by performing different transformations like lookup transformations, merge joins, derived columns, merge join, conditional split, data conversion with multiple data flow tasks.
- Extracted data from multiples sources into SSRS such as Excel, SQL, Access, Oracle, Sharepoint, CSV
- Developed both operational and data warehouse models, ETL scripts using SSIS, multidimensional OLAP cubes using SSAS, BI reporting and analysis to deliver information via web and traditional client-server reporting tools.
- Optimized database objects like views, User defined functions, stored procedures as per requirement.
- Created and rendered reports in different formats like pdf, excel to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and managed subscriptions.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down, Drill through and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Used Unblocking and row transformations for Performance Tuning of SSIS packages
- Ensuring design quality by creating, testing, and implementing QC rules utilizing TSQL
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
- Wrote queries to generate reports for analysis of data using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Develop SSAS Data Source Views, Dimensions, Hierarchies, Cubes, prospective, drill-through actions, and reporting actions.