- Over thirty years IT expertise encompassing programming, business analysis, scope and design development, project leadership, software installation and applications support.
- Strengths include superior communications, analytical and organizational skills, problem solving, multi - tasking, and detail orientation.
- ETL; Data mapping data from various hierarchical, flat and relational sources
- Facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) Sessions; User interaction to gather information
- Data design and mapping from legacy system to client server environments
- Working in blended team environments (on-site and off-shore model)
- Implementation of Affordable Care Act (aka “Obamacare”) software modifications
- Vendor software installation, support and mentoring with MicroFOCUS products (NetExpress, Mainframe Express (MFE and MFEEE), Enterprise Server, Enterprise Analyzer (similar to IBM’s Rational Asset Manager), XDB, SQL Wizard, and Mainframe Access (MFA)) as a Support Analyst, as well as using teh tools for development.
- Medical insurance, health care, financial, purchasing and materials management applications.
- Data transformation and conversion in merger/acquisition projects.
- DMV/Homeland Security-mandated “Real ID”
- Experienced in both “waterfall” and “Agile” environments.
Confidential, Washington DC
- Maintenance and modification of mainframe-based banking applications, including loan and credit card services, and merger accommodation. Modification and testing Easytrieve and COBOL programs, creation of PROC’s and JCL.
- Immediate project consists of changes required to acquisition of other credit unions, expanding fields and file capacities. Some new programs written and job streams created, as well as modification of existing screens, reports, and database content.
- Unit and regression testing. Tools used included COBOL under Z/OS/MVS, VSAM/IDCAMS, IBM Utilities, Easytrieve, JCL, CICS, MicroSoft Office tools, in a modified “Agile” environment.
Confidential, Nashville TN
- Maintenance and modification of mainframe-based health services applications, including ACCENT, which processes food stamp (EBT) and other family and child service assistance payments, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), SNAP, and COTS, a claims processing and tracking system.
- Modification of Easytrieve and COBOL programs, creation of complex SYNCSORT jobs, PROC’s and JCL, FTP of files from mainframe to network. Some new programs written and job streams created, as well as modification of existing screens, reports, and database content. Unit and regression testing where necessary.
- Tools used included COBOL, Z/OS/MVS, VSAM/IDCAMS, IBM Utilities, Easytrieve, JCL, CICS, MicroSoft Office tools, in a traditional “waterfall” SDLC environment.
Confidential, Naples FL
- Maintenance and enhancement coding, testing and implementation on teh Discharge Accounts Receivable (DAR) system, in conjunction with teh acquisition (merger) of Health Management Systems (HMA). Working on a backlog of maintenance issues, including teh modification of screens, reports, and database content.
- Unit and regression testing, creation of design specs, writing test scripts, and writing new COBOL programs where necessary. Tools include mainframe COBOL under Z/VSE, VSAM/IDCAMS, IBM Utilities, EasyTRIEVE, VSE JCL, CICS, MicroSoft Office tools, with a mix of traditional “waterfall” SDLC and Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Bentonville AR
- Worked on preparation and pre-sales for multiple clients, using Micro Focus Modernization Workbench, Enterprise Server, Enterprise Analyzer, and Mainframe Express Enterprise Edition (MFEEE).
- Performed analysis on customer code, including mainframe elements such as COBOL programs, JCL, CICS screens and programs, and other related mainframe entities. Participated in presentations to customer, performed statistical and performance analysis, ran demos for customer, both on-site and offshore.
Confidential, Des Moines IA
- Short-term assignment to halp out with teh programming changes necessary to facilitate teh acquisition of a property and casualty insurance company. Created MS Excel spreadsheets to track and document teh data field by field, wrote COBOL interfaces between existing Nationwide systems and teh acquired company.
- Also performed general maintenance programming and testing tasks on teh TANF and SNAP systems. Some of teh work was done using teh Agile methodology, but most of it in teh traditional “waterfall” manner. Tools used: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, IBM and 3rd party utilities such as File Manager and Syncsort, also FTP, on IBM Z/OS system.
Confidential, Des Moines IA
Contractor, COBOL Developer.
- Worked on a project to replace portions of their legacy Medicaid eligibility applications with Accenture’s ELIAS, and making changes to teh systems to accommodate teh “Affordable Care Act” applications. Created interfaces to existing mainframe systems with a new server-based system.
- Agile methodology. Work included programming in COBOL, building JCL and control cards, and working with teh scheduler. Teh two primary DHS environments were a Legacy Cobol/CICS/VSAM systems and a client server/Web systems.
- There were also interface requirements with links to teh other benefit-oriented systems such as teh Unemployment Compensation, EBT, welfare entitlement programs such as TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). Some systems were home-grown, while others used third-party applications.
- Requirements included working from provided requirements with little or no supervision, mimicking existing code styles, translating business requirements into technical specifications and design; building application programs based upon that design. Tools used include CICS, VSAM, JCL, EasyTRIEVE, IBM utilities on IBM Z/OS systems.
Confidential, Buffalo NY
- Worked on modification and maintenance of batch and online mainframe applications, particularly with SWIFT applications. Wrote new programs to automate teh generation of confirmation letters, plus other miscellaneous maintenance projects as assigned.
- Work included new programs, maintaining old ones, changing JCL and parameter information, and testing. Acted as team leader coordinating on-site and off-shore resources. Tools used included COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, SQL, TSO/ISPF, IBM ZOS JCL, CHANGEMAN, SYNCSORT, SPUFI, and INTERTEST.
Confidential, Glen Burnie MD
- (MVA (aka DMV, or Department of Motor Vehicles, in some states). Team member on teh implementation of changes required by teh US Homeland Security “Real ID” project, making changes to programs, screens, data bases, reports, and files, to in corporate new and expanded fields and data.
- Virtually every system in production at teh MVA was affected. Duties included research to find which programs needed to be changed, making teh changes in files, data bases, programs, reports and screens, tan testing teh changes, first in a Unit Test environment using MicroFocus AMB (APS Master Builder), tan QA and subsequent implementation.
- Tools included other MicroFocus products, Mainframe COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, TSO/ISPF, IBM MVS JCL, IDCAMS, FILE MANAGER, SYNCSORT, ENDEVOR, CHANGEMAN, and FTP.
Confidential, Owings Mills MD
- Worked on ASI Material Management Supply Line software, specifically teh Purchasing, Material Request, Bill of Materials (BOM) and Inventory modules. Maintenance and support programming, including modifications, trouble-shooting, one-off interfaces and extracts, ad hoc report programs, on-call support. Program code, JCL and utility changes were made utilizing IBM MVS-related tools such as TSO/ISPF, COBOL, EasyTRIEVE PLUS, IBM MVS JCL, IDCAMS, FILEAID, SYNCSORT, CA-7, LIBRARIAN, CICS, FILEAID and VSAM. Also use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and FTP.
Confidential, Hartford CT
Contractor/Technical Support Consultant
- Contract extended four times. Consultant on project converting a mainframe COBOL conversion to MicroFocus MFEEE (Mainframe Express Enterprise Edition) on a 3-tier network system.
- Responsible for planning, designing, installing and implementing MFEEE software on Intel Windows-based network servers, configuring server installation and tutoring and mentoring internal support personnel.
- Development of documentation, including user guides, “how-to” instruction procedures and technical write-ups. Testing, from “smoke test” through full integration parallel testing of software installation. Follow-up support, installation of vendor software upgrades, patches and fixes, maintenance of software in a “steady-state” environment.
- Tools used included, in addition to MFEEE, XDB, SQL Wizard, “DOS” Commands, ISPF, IBM Utilities and JCL, as well as Windows Active Directories and network security access. Coordinated work with on-site and off-shore resources.
Confidential, Charlotte NC
- Contract extended twice. Involved in major project converting mainframe APS applications to PC and network-oriented APP Master Builder (AMB), which is part of MicroFocus Mainframe Express Enterprise Edition (MFEEE). Conducted requirement-gathering user meetings to determine needs and plan teh effort, tan completed teh actual migration of modules from teh mainframe to teh PC network, generation of COBOL code for debugging purposes, followed by unit testing on teh network, and, finally, completion of teh project by migrating teh modules back to teh mainframe via Changeman for final mainframe testing and verification.
- Also responsible for follow-up mentoring and support. Used mainframe tools such as ISPF, APS, CLIST, IBM Utilities and JCL, and PC/Network facilities such as Active Directories, network security access. Limited programming tasks, primarily in teh conversion of PL/1 programs to COBOL.
Confidential, Helena MT
- DMV vehicle registration and licensing. Miscellaneous PL/1 maintenance programming, trouble-shooting and systems analysis. IBM JCL and Utilities modification and usage.
Confidential, Columbia SC
Team Lead and Business Analyst
- HIPAA transactions and Claims Processing. Performed first-level management duties, assigning work and tracking performance. Programming on Tricare Claims and Authorization systems. Team leader on Tricare 278 implementation, including systems and parallel testing of batch cycle.
- Tracked and analyzed projects using Visio, MS Excel and MS Project. Programming using APS, IMS, SYNCSORT, DB2, CICS, EasyTrieve and COBOL.
Confidential, Foxboro, MA
- Analysis and coding changes to existing MicroFocus COBOL programs and screens in automobile insurance systems. Mainframe coding, testing and/or animation of modules. MicroFocus COBOL, Workbench and NetExpress on teh PC/LAN. Mainframe work was done in teh MVS environment, using CICS, SQL, JCL, IMS, IBM utilities, SYNCSORT and ENDEVOR.
- Software installer, consultant, trainer and support representative. Performed “roll-outs”, i.e., installing MicroFocus products (MicroFocus COBOL, Mainframe Express, NetExpress, Mainframe Access, and Revolve) on client workstations.
- Performed mentoring function in guiding and assisting teh client users in becoming familiar with and using teh products; Conducted basic sessions on teh installed products. Approximately 90% percent travel, nationwide as well as international. Environments included IBM Mainframe, PC/LAN networks using Windows NT/95/98/2000, Novell Netware, FTP, MS ACCESS, TCP/IP.
Confidential, Columbus OH
- Performed Analysis, evaluation, and maintenance on existing COBOL and CICS for HR and related systems. MicroFocus COBOL, Workbench, MS ACCESS, FTP, and NetExpress. Mainframe work was done in a VM/CMS, DOS/VSE environment, using COBOL II, SPUFI, QMF, JCL, DB2/SQL, SYNCSORT, and CICS (Command Level).
Confidential, Chapel Hill NC
- Maintenance on existing programs in teh claims processing system. Analysis and evaluation of existing programs. Coding, testing, and implementation of changes. Also involved in business analysis, trouble-shooting and problem resolution. TSO, ISPF, COBOL II, PL/1, JCL, SYNCSORT, DB2, IMS, IDCAMS, INFOMAN.