- Over 6 years of experience in Database Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server in Production and Development.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL server development and Microsoft BI Tools.
- Strong working experience on SQL Server including SSIS, Performance tuning, reporting, designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Experience in creating tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, functions, indexes, data integrity, data dictionaries, and relational database models.
- Expertise in design, development, testing and support of ETL process for large scale Data warehousing using SQL server, SQL server integration services (SSIS/DTS), SQL server reporting services (SSRS) and Analysis services (SSAS).
- Experience in SQL Server OLAP database development including KPIs, Data mining, working with changing dimensions.
- Proficient with SQL Server, BI Stack, Power BI, and Tableau within large and complex environments.
- Expert in creating databases and various SQL server objects like schemas, tables, indexes, indexed view as per the specifications and requirements to meet the business functionality.
- Expertise in creating complex Stored Procedures (Dynamic and static), effective User - Defined functions, and appropriate triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Hands on experience with analyzing query plans, extended Stored Procedures, managing indexes to provide quick results for Applications.
- Experience in logging, Error Handling, Check Points, and Package Configuration to provide the dynamic flow off data to load data warehouse.
- Object oriented programming in Python C/C SQL Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows Perl Shell scripting
- Experience in Microsoft stack of BI solutions -SSRS, SSISwithMS SQL 2016/2014/2012/2008.
- Experience in creating complex DTS Packages in SSIS for Data Migration from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets to SQL Server and Transformation.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Extensively worked with .NET 3.0 features likeWCF, WPF WWF and LINQ
- Expertise in creating Perspectives, Partitions and Design Aggregations in cubes using SSAS.
- Experience in creating Power BI Dashboards (Power View, Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power Maps).
- Experience converting SSRS reports to Power BI.
- Experience in Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Analysis, Design and Review of Business and Software Requirement Specifications; Development, Testing as per agile software development methodology.
- Effective Team Player with excellent Analytical, Programming, Written and Verbal Communication skills.
Relational Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Report Builder
Database Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development studio(BIDS), SQL Server Management Studio, Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual Studio, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, TFS.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB.Net, Python.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL.
Data Modeling Tools: ETL, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite.
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map).
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Bluebell, PA
MS SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS)
- Interface with users, project manager to ensure that implemented solutions satisfy business requirements and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Created SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions as per requirements.
- Designed SSIS Packages in SQL Server to handle data migration (ETL Processes) from transaction System to Dimensional Model.
- Design and develop SSIS (ETL) packages for loading data from Oracle and Flat files to SQL Server Database.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
- Involved in ETL processes, Data warehousing methodologies and concepts including star schemas, snowflake schemas, dimensional modeling and reporting tools, Operations Data Store concepts, Data Mart and OLAP technologies.
- Build and deploy end to end ETL Process to load data into Data warehouse from flat files and source SQL databases using SSIS.
- Deployed web embedded power BI dashboards refreshed using gateways by using workspace and data source.
- Worked on performing incremental loads while transferring data from OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS.
- Involved to planning and designing SSAS Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
- Involved in working with SSAS in creating data sources, data source views, named queries, cubes, roles, calculated columns, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Primarily involved in Data Migration using SQL, SQL Azure, Azure storage, and Azure Data Factory, SSIS, PowerShell.
- Consumed the web service in client applications which has in different platforms VB, VB.Net and classic asp and c .Net
- Developed Python and Perl HPC software for NextGen Sequence Data Bioinformatics Analysis Pipelines
- Used Microsoft Power BI, Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Created various Excel reports using drop downs and v-lookups connected to the SQL server.
- Worked with plan administrators to research and resolve data issues and troubleshoot system problems/outages.
Environment: SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSAS, Oracle, Query Analyzer, Azure, Power BI, Python, Power Pivot, Windows, MS Excel.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
MS SQL BI Developer (TSQL, SSIS)
- Developed system standards, architecture, scenarios, detailed screen specifications and documented logical and physical data model.
- Worked on new Data ware house design for ETL and Reporting projects using SSIS, SSRS.
- Involved on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and present it using Story Points.
- Implemented indexes such as clustered index, non-clustered index, covering index appropriately on data structures to achieve faster data retrieval.
- Performed ETL operations to support incremental, historical data loads and transformations using SSIS.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measure groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP Reporting needs.
- Involved in migration projects fromClassic ASPtoASP.Netusing VB.Net
- Developing and supporting Data loading to snowflake database from Microsoft Azure Blob storage.
- Experience setting up reporting platforms ground up in Microsoft technology stack (Share point, SSRS, SSAS, DAX, MDX, T- SQL, Dimensional Modeling, SSIS)
- Implemented the cube objects like KPIs, Calculated Members using MDX, Aggregations, and Translations as well as Attribute Relationships and Hierarchies to improve summarization performance of queries.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building and testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Designed SSIS packages to import data from multiple sources to control upstream and downstream of data into SQL database.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Created SQL Agent Jobs and scheduled the SSIS Package to run overnight. Resolved the issues associated with the job failure.
- Created components and libraries using ASP.NET C#, .NET, XML and Oracle 10g/11g.
- Developed SSIS/ T-SQL Code and schedules jobs for Jobs Monitoring Automation.
- Involvedin Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Dimensions and data source view SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Built Ad-Hoc reports in Power BI depending on business requirements was one of the major responsibilities.
- Import data from SQL Server databases and Analysis services into power pivot data model.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profile.
- Created data maintenance plan for backup and restore and update statistics and rebuild indexes.
- Granted access to the data base users by creating logins with appropriate role permission.
Environment: SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Oracle, Query Analyzer, Azure, Python, Power BI, Power Pivot, Windows, MS Excel.
Confidential, Plano, TX.
MS SQL Server SSIS /SSRS Developer
- Extract, Transform and Load source data into respective target tables to build the required data tables.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server 2014 to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and claim systems.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations usingSQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created calculated measures in a cube by using MDX scripting and worked on slowly changing dimensions.
- Installed, configured and maintained SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Set up ETL Jobs to run on a nightly basis into the Data marts by Scheduling SSIS Packages via SQL Server Agent.
- Involvedin configuring with checkpoints, error logging and package logging to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Built MDX queries and Data Mining Expression (DMX) queries for Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
- Created Data-data packages in SSIS as part of the automating the process for billing method.
- Created and Configured Data Source and Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI's and DAX Queries using SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Model.
- Worked on Star, Crystal and snow flake schemas and used the fact and dimension tables to build the cubes, perform processing and deployed them to SSAS database.
- Developed cube perspectives, conditional formatting and developed proper cube refreshing methodology either using SSAS processing task or Pro-active caching.
- Involved in performance tuning to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases, SQL queries, and stored procedures using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Involved in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using parameters, queries and reports in SSRS Report Builder, developed data-driven subscription to end-users.
- Used various control flow tasks like FTP, Bulk insert task, Transfer job task etc and different data flow tasks.
- Create and Modify User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views according to the business requirements.
- Created and maintained databases, tables, views, users, logins, indexes, check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL server, Oracle, CSV, Excel and text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Responsible for Deploying, Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages using integration services catalog.
- Used Team Foundation server (TFS) to check in the code changes on daily basis and to keep track of the changes in the team.
Environment: MS SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Microsoft Visual Studio, Tableau, SQL Server Management Studio, MDX, Excel, Windows.
Confidential, Newark NJ
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Setting up new MS SQL Server instances and databases.
- Involved in Capacity planning of MS SQL Servers. Implemented and maintained database security.
- Going through the clients' requirements and coming up with database design and application architecture. Plan capacity specification requirements for new database servers.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server. Used SQL Server System Tables to retrieve metadata.
- Wrote many stored procedures and Triggers as per clients requirements.
- Ran DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS packages and did performance tuning of the existing processes. Troubleshoot and minimize production down issues.
- Created scheduled maintenances and backup procedures to the database as a disaster recovery method. Monitor failed and long running MS SQL Server jobs.
- Data conversions and data loads from various databases and file structures.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
Environment: SQL Server, Transact-SQL, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Oracle, PL/SQL.