- Proven IT leader with a track record of reengineering cost effective, high performance database solutions to successfully improve asset performance and operational effectiveness while reducing expenses.
- Dedicated to fostering teamwork and a shared mission while efficiently incorporating company objectives in various industries. Many years of business acumen and consistently exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision - making. Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Operating: Z/OS, MVS, UNIX, OS/390, Windows XP, AS400, Mac
Databases: IMS, DB2, SQL, IDMS
Servers: SQL 2005, SQL 2000
Languages: SQL, DLI, JCL, COBOL II, PL1, CLIST, C++, JCL, PROCS, TSO/ISPF, QMF, SPUFI, PL/SQL, CICS
Networks: LAN, Novel
Software: IMS DB/DC, IMS HALDB, IMS Fast Path, DB2, SQL, DMS, TSO/ISPF, BMC, TOAD, CICS, DBRC, BMC Tools, BMC APTUM, STROVE, OMEGAMON, CHANGEMAN, Management, Problem Management, INFOMEN, EPIC, ERWIN, RACF, Main view for IMS:
Coding: Cobol II, PL/1, SQL, DLI, CLIST
Projects: Aeronautics, Banking, Financial, Government, Insurance, Manufacture, Personal, Research & Development Technology, Health Care, Insurance
Other: DLT0; IBM Utilities, VSAM Files, File AD & File Management, JHS, JOBTRAC
Applications: MS Office, Mac OS X, IWork, HTML, FrontPage, Adobe
Senior IMS Database Administrator
- Developed and managed the IMS databases. DBDGEN, PSBGEN, ACBGEN, Dynamic Allocation and register the database in DBRC/RECON for a $9.7B high quality health care customer, in database developments, which include the design and physical implementation.
- Performed High-level activities including monitoring, and tuning the database.
- Provided maintenance as backups, reorganization, recovery, and database analysis error.
- Testing all IMS Database utility tools when IMS upgrade of software fixed. Exposure in Disaster Recovery. 24/7 support. Troubleshooting skill and space monitor.
- Generated documents and guide line instructions to out-sources on IMS activities and projects.
- Achieved 80% of the IMS conversion and upgrade from Version 9 to 15 in multiple activities.
- Installed and led databases in multiple environments for IMS HALDB, and Full Function.
- Distributed IMS utility jobs on Z/OS operation system to improve maintenance, reorganization, and diagnostic of databases up to 100% of completion.
- Provided outstanding on-call support 24/7 which resolved database issues and monitored jobs.
- Improved IMS tools, maintenance and reduced issues.
- Accomplished fulfillment of organization strategies and goals thru Database Space Manager administrator.
- Developed utilities jobs and procedures for IMS system by using CLIST tools for IMS databases automatic. generation.
- Attracted and developed a stronger IMS team to enrich the level of diversity on the team.
- Successfully installed, configured and validated IMS across multiple environments.
- Proactively implemented capacity planning process to successfully improve business requirements.
- Worked cross functionally with development team and testing team to effectively execute project(s) in a timely manner.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Certifications: Analyst Design (IBM); Toast Master; DB2 on UNIX; Business intelligence enhancements and system design; TOAD.
- Utilized: DB2/Unix, SQL, Business Intelligence, Object Oriental, Microsoft utilities, ERWIN, TOAD.
- Strategically managed highly complex projects, which involved database architecture, modeling, physical, and logical database design.
- Executed an annual project in a three-month time frame.
- Coordinated and managed database delivery utilizing business intelligence tools, dimensional modeling and object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Achieved and created data model, designed, and built the databases of $61 billion customers.
- Developed physical database under UNIX system and DB2; and ERWIN and TOAD for logical database modeling.
- Populated tables in several environments: test, accepting test, and production.
- Installed data integration to reduce duplication and identify association of the foregoing key.
- Generated data access layers to effectively comply with the business rules.
- Provided and led performance guidelines to build indexes to improve performance at 100%.
- Participated in all architecture database cycles to establish effective project plan implementation by defining environment, naming DB, naming tables, using space, and convention.
- Monitored performance monitoring and optimized physical database design.
- Developed outstanding scripts, stored procedures, and triggers using PL/SQL performed capacity planning activities as related to database storage.
- Implemented database object in test and production system.
Confidential, Miramar, FL
Senior Database Administration
- Certifications: Recognized as “Employee of the Month” several times; awarded from Diversity.
- Utilized: DB2, IMS, SQL, MVS, UNIX, SPUFI, BMC Tools, IBM Utilities, Z/OS, ERWIN.
- Increased the company’s profit by expanding the business portfolio and implementing multiple databases.
- Led and drove several multi-national projects for US Domestic and International.
- Successfully re-engineered projects to optimize database, re-design, and improve system access, which resulted in company savings of $2M.
- “Outstanding Performance” and participation in every activity; IMS/DB; IMS/DC; DLI workshop; Physical and logical Database Design; DB2 Physical design; SQL Workshop; QMF; BMC Software; DB2 UDB for Z/OS; OS/390 for data warehouse; Database optimization performance and tuning.
- Performed all facets of database administrator. Analysis, design, build, implementation, tuning, and monitoring of database.
- Provided technical leadership in the design process.
- Worked cross functionally with data architects, business partners, and DBAs to collect and analyze data requirements.
- Participated in the reengineering savings to improve performance of applications.
- Optimized the database system
- Assigned tasks and addressed issues to on-shore and off-shore partners.
- Led multiple tasks effectively and progressed work in parallel.
- Performed capacity planning to database storage.
- 24/7 database support.
- Trained and evaluated DB2 UDB for Z/OS and OS/390 new features and enhancements.