Extensively trained, diversely experienced, and consistently successful Database, Software and Web Application Developer with expertise in designing and testing applications customized to meet specific needs of clients in diverse industry sectors including government, transportation, accounting, and manufacturing. Proven ability to lead collaborations with client business and project leaders to define goals, evaluate business needs, and optimize database performance and automate processes.
- Web App - API | Software Development
- SDLC | Waterfall | Agile/Scrum
- Help Desk Support | Issue Resolution
- Cross-Functional Collaborations
- Microsoft Azure
- Database Administration
- Quality Assurance
- Architecture Design
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Operating Systems: Windows | Windows Server 2003 | Ubuntu, RedHat (RHEL) | Apple Mac Big Sur, Mojave, Catalina.
APIs | Frameworks: REST API | .Net Framework | Entity Framework | MVC | BIDS / SSDT (SQL Server Integration/ Report / Analysis Services)
Specialist: SQL Server SSIS/SSRS | Crystal Reports 9.0
Principal / Database administrator / Developer
- Consulting firm providing web application development, financial application design / development, design and develop automated processes, Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server T-SQL.
- Testing of applications and database software created. All ASP.NET applications are MVC / C#.
- Microsoft Azure database maintenance and development
- Project tracking and management application developed in C#/.Net Core/MVC using SQL server as the backend.
- Kanban application development using ASP.NET and SQL Server
- Oracle PL/SQL / C# Development of financial web application(ASP.NET C#, MVC, Entity Framework, Unit testing)
- Oracle 12c installation and configuration on windows and Oracle Linux / RHEL 7
- Contract to provide API development using dotnet core and database integration services using Dell Boomi integration platform.
- PCL observed strict agile methodology for development.
- Scrum meetings were daily, and sprints were typically 2 weeks long.
- Dell Boomi development for integration processes.
- Designed and developed the initial process for Weather Forecasting application.
- C# API development for JSI application used by PCL.
- SQL Server using Azure
Software / Web Applications Developer | DBA
- Created and modified applications, designed process automations, developed database, and maintained project documentation for heavy equipment attachments manufacturing client
- Included testing of all applications developed.
- Designed and developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to attempt to decrease backup requirements.
- Convert the click count application from VB6 to C#.
- Monitor SQL Server activity using IDERA and report anomalies to the director of IT with recommendations how to correct the anomalies.
- Use internal WIKI for documentation.
Consultant - Developer | Systems Analyst | DBA
- Collaborated with business and project leaders as well as end users of clients within diverse industry settings including business services, government agencies.
- Delivered database administration, project support, system analyses, software and web application maintenance and upgrade designs, and reporting and documentation services.
- Developed disaster recovery plans and recommended data integrity, quality, storage, and retrieval process enhancements.
- Created customized application automations to improve efficiencies and reduce errors.
- Supported all new processes for WORP and SIE-TRANS projects.
- All software was thoroughly tested prior to being implemented first by developers, then by the QA team.
- Conducted DBA duties including backups, re-indexing, creating triggers and stored procedures, developing data models, writing test plans, collecting and analyzing business requirements, assessing data, ensuring data quality, and developing reports for Municipal Affairs client. Created logical model ERD documents.
- Analyzed and dispatched Help Desk support requests to developers and business analysts.
- C# Development to automate process to create import files for use by Help Desk ticketing system to query and analyze data sources for determining data transformation logic using REST API’s.
- Design, develop, and test C# application for tracking time spent on projects and for generating surveys.
- Document modifications
- Prepared ERD Models of database.
- HTML / CSS Development for documentation purposes.
- Maintained and upgraded database time administration and internal use applications and for Alberta Health. As an SSIS / SSRS specialist, utilized SQL Data Tools including SQL Server Integration (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis (SSAS), and Server Reporting (SSRS) Services. Prepare documentation and checklists for work performed.
- Modified existing SSIS packages, created, tested, and deployed new packages, performed DBA services, collected and analyzed data requirements, and partnered in creation of disaster recovery and maintenance strategies for Alberta Justice and Attorney General. Facilitated user training for data content use and retrieval methods.
- Created new extract, transform, and load (ETL) methods and designed data structure in compliance with data architecture SQL programs to cleanse Oracle database prior to ETL processes while creating indexes and shrinking SQL database following ETL processes and capturing metadata.
- Develop modules for SSIS using C#
- Member of Application Maintenance Services (AMS) outsourcing project for Alberta Human Services as primary consultant for Work Outcomes Reporting Project (WORP) from initiation through implementation. Provided DBA services to ensure data integrity and quality and manage storage and retrieval. Mentored two project consultants.
- Collaborated in redesign of WORP to accept new enterprise database as data source, modified SQL processes to resolve downstream impact, and created customer surveys.
- Collected and analyzed data requirements, managed data documentation processes, and resolved data quality issues as lead Business Intelligence (BI) analyst for Strategic Information Environment (SIE) TRANS 1 project to extract data and export to enterprise database warehouse.
- C# Development for the EDI-7 Release 1 project that was designed to extract data from CURAM and populate the Enterprise Database (EDB)
- Maintained and upgraded server database for Contract Management System (CMS) and Facilities and Business Information System (FBIS) projects.
- Developed and maintained software using ColdFusion.
- Conducted troubleshooting and resolved issues to support client users.
- Slashed file import from more than 24 hours to less than one hour by creating new database import process.
- HTML / CSS development
- ColdFusion development
- Java / JSP development
- Test and prove video software and hardware were ready for Confidential .
- Automated testing of SQL Server using Test Director.
- Develop automated testing processes using C#
- Document Test Plans and results
- Help Desk support for JJCC Customers
- Complete understanding of TCP/IP, FTP and ethernet networking
- Maintained and upgraded Windows and Linux server software for clients.
- Included Active directory maintenance.
- Developed customized accounting solutions for customers (C. Steen Trucking) using Oracle, Microsoft Access and Borland Delphi (Object Pascal)