- Over 8 years of IT experience in software development, designing and implementation with major focus around Database Applications and Business Intelligence.
- Hands on experience on T - SQL, MSBI-SSIS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Experienced with full life Cycle phase of SDLC involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Experience in Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and … using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Excellent skills in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the SQL Server from the various data sources.
- Experienced Interacting with the business users to gather report requirements and finalize the deliverables.
- Have good knowledge in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources.
- Have a good knowledge on publishing Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for upcoming data in Power BI server.
- Maintained existing Power BI reports and dashboards and made changes onto the same as per new and changing business requirements.
- Published reports and dashboards in Power BI utilizing Power BI services and shared it across through Microsoft Office 365.
- Extensive experience in using SQL Server Profiler and SQL Server Extended Events to monitor the SQL server for deadlocks, long running queries and tune the same to improve performance
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, BIDS & Power BI
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Source Safe 6.0, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Microsoft Office.
Databases: SQL Server 2008 R2, 2014
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 00/NT/XP/7
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Senior SQL Developer
- Involved in Database design and creating database objects including Tables, stored procedures, and functions for managing scoring data in MS SQL Server 2014.
- Created procedures and developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) package dealing with different data sources including Flat files, SQL Server and loaded into target databases.
- Used multiple transformations in SSIS including Execute SQL Task, Data Conversion, Conditional split, Containers, File system task, and script task Developed SSIS package to report the load the scoring components data into SQL Server.
- Used Event Handlers in SSIS package at the package and task level on error, on warning and configured it using send email task and script task.
- Created SQL Agent jobs and scheduled to run SSIS Packages at specific time intervals.
- Deployed SSIS Packages from development to test and production environment using appropriate package configuration.
- Used SSIS Project parameters and package parameters allowing package modification during execution without editing packages.
- Monitored and modified SQL query Performance using execution plans creating Index indexes.
- Started working on the SSRS reports migration to the Power BI.
- Experience in using and maintaining the Team foundation server for version control.
- Created Reports using POWER BI with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number processing
- Strong knowledge in Power BI on how to import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence, visualize data, author reports, schedule automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop.
Environment: MSSQLServer 2014, T-SQL, Microsoft SSMS,SQLServer Integration Services and Power BI
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Successfully migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as flat file, Excel, and SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- Created complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, views, functions to implement business logic
- Involved designing and developing packages for a Data Warehousing and Data Migrations projects using Integration Services (SSIS) on different Data Sources.
- Involved in creating, maintaining different SQL Server Objects such as Tables, Procedures, Functions, Views, CTE’s, Triggers etc. according to the Requirements.
- Validated and modified the data using different Data Flow Transformations like Send Mail, File System Task, Conditional Split, Lookup, Derived Column and Data Conversion etc.
- Scheduled the SSIS packages to run at different intervals to load the data into SQL Server.
- Designed and optimized various T-SQL database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, functions, indexes, and triggers using Management Studio and SQL Profiler.
- Created Jobs using sql server agent to automatically run SSIS packages and stored procedures in scheduled time.
- Monitored and modified SQL query Performance using execution plans creating Index and re-building indexes.
- Optimized packages minimizing use blocking transformations, adjusting buffer size, parallelly executing packages in control flow, and using proper event handing, loggings and check points.
Environment: Windows 2003 Server/XP, SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, T-SQL, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Studio, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Source Safe (VSS).
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, stored procedures and used defined functions to verify the data from the database to generate reports based on the business requirement.
- Dynamically supported business users for given requirements and developed the reports accordingly.
- Developed various T- SQL stored procedures, views, and adding/changing tables for data extraction, data load and transformations.
- Created (SSIS) packages to get data from various sources.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Designed/developed tables, views, various SQL queries, stored procedures, functions.
- Created ad Hoc and parameterized various reports using SQL server 2008 reporting Services
- Created Database tables with complex constraints applicable to the business rules.
Environment: MSSQLServer 2008 R2, MS office 2010 T-SQL, Microsoft SSMS,SQLServer Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services