- Having 9 years of IT professional experience with expertise in Database Development,Database modelling,Design, andTechnical ManagementusingSQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016in various domains like Health Care, Retail and, Transit Agencies services as MSBI Developer.
- Extensive experience in creating interfaces using SSIS in Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2005/2000and its differenttoolslikeSSMS (SQL Server Management Server), BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Server)and SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Experienced in developing the applications using T - SQL Programming (DDL, DML and DCL).
- Proficient in Upgrading from SQL Server 2005/2000toSQL Server 2012/2008R2.
- Skilled in automating process bycreating jobs, and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTPandSMTP.
- Hands on experience in creatingETLpackages using SQL Server 2012 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created SSIS Packagesusing VariousTransformationslike Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Data Conversion, Aggregate, Merge Join, Sort, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc.
- Knowledgeable in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, XML and Flat file using SSIS utility. Involved in transformation of OLTP data to the Data Warehouse using SSIS and SQL commands.
- Creating the Cubes, deploying, processing, maintaining and dimensions building of cubes usingSQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good knowledge in RDBMS, Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Data Marts, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables.
- Expert at creating reports usingSSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services), (SQL Server Analytical Services) andOLAP(Creating cubes) including Interfaces withBIDS.
- Proficient in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS).
- Experienced in migration ofSSRSreports from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Efficient in generating Tabular, parameterized reports, drill down, drill through, cascading parameterized, and matrix reports, cached and snapshot reports, linked, click reports and sub-reports usingSQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Proficient in design and development of variousdashboards, reportsutilizingTableau.
- Experience in creating complex DTS Packages in SSIS for Data Migration from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets to SQL Server 2012/2014 and Transformation.
- Experience on Performance Tuning, Client/Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, running database consistency check wif DBCC Commands.
- Experience in SQL Server OLAP database development including KPIs, Data mining, working wif changing dimensions.
- Performed data cleaning, data validation, and data analysis using data analysis expressions (DAX), power query and power Pivot.
- Experience in Designing and Building tech Dimensions and cubes wif star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Expertise in creating Perspectives, Partitions and Design Aggregations in cubes using SSAS.
- Experience in Extraction and Migration of data from various data sources like Excel, MS Access and Oracle to MS SQL Server by using import/export Wizard, DTS/SSIS, BCP and Bulk Insert utilities.
- Knowledge in working wif Azure SQL Database Import and Export Service.
- Knowledge in deploying SQL Databases in cloud (AZURE).
- Good experience in creating OLAP cubes using SQL Server analysis services (SSAS).
- Create reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing tech SSAS Tabular via Analysis connector.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling using Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points and Logging.
- Good Knowledge in Extracting & Injecting Data into Azure Blob, SQL Azure using Azure Data Factory pipelines from cloud data sources.
- Expert inData Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),DTS,Bulk InsertandBCP.
- Hands on experience with performing variousSSIS data transformationtasks likeLook-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Checksum,Conditional Splitsand Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Extensively used SSIS packages to Import data from sources likeFlat Files, Excel,HTMLand Raw Files.
- Interpreting and working with data models, data flows anddata dictionaries, logical & physicalData modeling, Normalization and De-Normalization techniquesfor both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Expert in writingParameterized Queriesfor generating Tabular reports and Sub reports using Global variables, Expressions, and Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008 R2.
- Experience in Crystal Reports, Reporting Services for MS SQL Server and SQL Server Agent in Support Services and MDX technologies of Analysis services.
- Extensive Knowledge in Creating Relationships, Measures, Partitions, Calculations usingDAXandKPIsin SSAS Tabular model.
- Experience in Developing and ExtendingSSAS Cubes,Dimensionsand data source views, SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Worked with improving the performance on SQL,TSQLandSSRS proceduresand provided their commendation on server related tuning issues.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL Server 2012 Developer Skills including writinguser defined functions, views and query writing.
- Excellent Experience in monitoring SQL Server Performance tuning in SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2014/2012 usingSQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor
- Experience in usingPower BItool for developing dashboards, interactive reports, and compelling visualizations
- Good experience in installation and upgrades of/to SQL server 2000/2005 and its service packs,database migrations,backup,recoveryand maintenance of SQL Server 2005 databases in Cluster environment.
- Good understanding inData Martsand data warehousing concepts (OLTP & OLAP). Worked withData miningandslowly changing dimensions.
- Strong Project management experience from various applications Key activities include Delivery Excellence, Capacity Planning, Team/Resource Management, Project Tracking & Change Management, Risk analysis, Contingency Planning, Project Scheduling & Resource levelling and Requirement Analysis.
SQL Server Tools: SQL2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Data Stage, Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Import Export Data, DTS (Data Transformation Services)
Relational Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/R2/2012/2014, MS Access.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Report Builder.
Database Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development studio (BIDS), SQL Server Management Studio, Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual Studio, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, TFS.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB.Net, V.B6.0, C, C++, ASP.Net.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL
Data Modelling Tools: ERWIN, ETL, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Tools (SSRS)SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS).
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Greater Chicago
MSBI Developer (SQL/SSIS/SSRS)
- Updating and reviewing Business requirement Document (BRD) with the technical Speciation’s and Mapping requirements with the column instances with the applicable logic.
- Involved in Data scrubbing/ Cleansing/ validating/ Translating, and scheduling SSIS packages.
- DesignedSSISpackage for automatic data migration to transform Data from Oracle to SQL Server 2012.
- Creating stored Procedures, User defined functions, Views and also modifying existed procedures, triggers, views, indexes depending on the requirement.
- UsedSSISpackages using Data flow Task, Script Task, Execute SQL task with different Transformation like Data transformation, Fuzzy lookup, un-pivot, derived columns, conditional split, etc.
- CreatedSSRSReports that have templates and cannot accommodate throughSSISsuch as ad-hoc, Drill down and Parameterized reports.
- Create and optimize complexT-SQLqueries and stored procedures to encapsulate reporting logic.
- UsingSQL Server Agentto create, Modify, Schedule jobs accordingly and send notifications.
- Created SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions as per requirements.
- Designed SSIS Packages in SQL Server 2015 to handle data migration (ETL Processes) from transaction System to Dimensional Model.
- Design and develop SSIS (ETL) packages for loading data from Oracle and Flat files (3GB) to SQL Server Database.
- Experienced in ETL processes, Data warehousing methodologies and concepts including star schemas, snowflake schemas, dimensional modeling and reporting tools, Operations Data Store concepts, Data Mart and OLAP technologies.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes.
- Build and deploy end to end ETL Process to load data into Data warehouse from flat files and source SQL databases using SSIS.
- Worked on performing incremental loads while transferring data from OLTP to data warehouse using different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS.
- Worked on creating dashboard and tabular reports using SSRS.
- Developed various reports using SSRS, which included writing complex stored procedures for datasets.
- Involved to planning and designing SSAS Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
- Experience in working wif SSAS in creating data sources, data source views, named queries, cubes, roles, calculated columns, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Optimize SQL performance, integrity, and security of the project’s databases/schemas. Contribute to the optimization of data management and performance tuning
- Involving in maintaining data integrity of transactional and referential data. Define & maintain business and technical rules for cleansing and maintaining data.
- Enable auditing of package and underlying expensive tasks into a database table, to help in performance tuning.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into RHI SQL server from WellPoint’s data warehouse.
- Developed Multi-dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Designed Dimensional Modelling using SSAS packages for End-User. Created Hierarchies in Dimensional Modelling.
- Developed Aggregations, partitions and calculated members for cube as per business requirements.
- Created Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by Using SSRS.
- Created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual Studio 2010/2008, Agile, C#.NET, Azure T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Excel, Toad, TWS, DAX, Excess, Windows 8.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. SQL /SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Designing, developing, testing, and supporting SSIS and Working on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Manage Backups, Queries, Stored Procedures, and Disaster Recovery for SQL databases.
- Redesigned poorly performing bridge table architecture in existing SQL Server SSAS application into a star schema with 30 performance improvement in cube processing times.
- Created references objects for a Master Data Services hub, created artifacts to drive ownership planning, and designed a repository for the producing and consuming of these objects
- Designed and created different ETL packages using SSIS and transfer data from heterogeneous database different files format Oracle, SQL Server, and Flat File to SQL Server.
- Worked on several transformations in Data Flow including Derived column, Slowly Changing Dimension Using SSIS Controls, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional split and many more.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Optimize the performance of cubes by optimize MDX, aggregations and different ways.
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS for data mining to identify rules and patterns in the data.
- Created calculated measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression MDX, mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions by using SSAS.
- Defined the MDX calculations and sub cube calculations.
- Used SSRS Reports to write complex formulas and to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports for Business Intelligence.
- Manage advanced level skills in Crystal reports and applying reporting strategies and standards.
- EnhanceWeb URSA, Web Line Areaan audit application, to handle Professional and Outpatient audits using EDW claims data.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of applications and to design the backend database for the web application.
- Evaluate new application packages and tools and perform research on best practices and provide recommendations for solutions, as needed.
- Responsible for developing complex SSIS packages, troubleshooting, solving intricate problems, testing, deploying to production.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Design and develop dynamic advanced T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX query, Azure stored procedures, XML, user defined functions, parameters, views, tables, triggers, indexes, constraints, SSISpackages, SSAS Cubes, SQL Server Agent jobs, deployment scripts and installation instructions for enterprise data warehouse and applications.
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created SSIS packages for Uploading of different formats of files (Excel, Access, dbf) and databases (SQL server, Flat files) into the SQL Server data warehouse using SSIS.
- Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL job scheduled to run daily. Solved the issues associated with ETL Data Warehouse Failure.
- Developed SSAS OLAP Cubes and Partitioning Cubes.
- Wrote DAX queries to retrieve data from OLAP (SSAS) cubes.
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of Code using execution plan and SQL profiler and added Indexes to improve performance on tables.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2012/2008.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Created different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill Through, OLAP and formatting them using both SSRS.
Environment: MSSQLServer2005/2008,SQLReporting Services (SSRS),SQLIntegration Services (SSIS), MSSQLServer2008, Ms Access2007, Azure Office2007, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2008/R2, SQL BI Suite 2008/R2, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Confidential, Richmond, VA
MS SQL Server Developer
- Responsible for requirements gathering, status reporting, creating various metrics, project deliverables.
- Developed Complex SQL queries using various joins and developed various dynamic SQL's thorough out the projects.
- Built efficient ETL packages with SSIS to fetch, cleanse and transform data from various types of sources. Develop package configurations dynamically as well as populating variables dynamically.
- Written complex SQL statements using joins, sub queries, correlated sub queries and CTE.
- Generated variety of business reports using SQL Server 2008 SSRS including matrix report, parameter report, and dashboard with charts and drill down function.
- Built reports from Analysis Services cube using MDX query designer; configured report server and deployed reports on web server and SharePoint, built Performance Points Dashboards in SharePoint.
- Developed Complex SQL queries using various joins and developed various dynamic SQL's thorough out the projects. Tuning long-running SQL Queries, Procedures and Functions using SQL Profiler, SQL analyser, Index tuning wizard.
- Work with development teams to make best schema design that balances feature requests with performance concerns.
- Coordinate with the team that responds to all system problems in order to reduce or eliminate production problems by analyzing production usage information and using that information to design a better architecture.
- Built efficient ETL packages with SSIS to fetch, cleanse and transform data from various types of sources. Develop package configurations dynamically as well as populating variables dynamically.
- Increase availability and performance of applications by gathering and analyzing server and database metrics with various monitoring tools.
- DevelopedComplex Queries in SQL, Stored Procedures, and Viewswith the best execution plan.
- Created procedures and developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) package dealing with different data sources including Flat files, SQL Server and loaded into target databases
- Used multiple transformations in SSIS including Execute SQL Task, Data Conversion, Conditional split, Containers, File system task, and script task Developed SSIS package to report the missing claims to the business
- Used Event Handlers in SSIS package at the package and task level on error, on warning and configured it using send email task and script task
- Designed SSISPackagesto transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Used Execution Plan,SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases
- Created SQL Agent jobs and scheduled to run SSIS Packages at specific time intervals
- Developed and modified SQL Packages, Functions, Procedures as per customer requirement to make new enhancements or to resolve problems
- Deployed SSIS Packages from development to test and production environment using appropriate package configuration.
- Involved in implementingSSIS package security, protecting packages, executing, monitoring and managing them.
- ConvertingSQL Server 2000 DTS packages to SQL Server 2005 SSIS packages.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging.
- Experienced in Building Cubes and Dimensions with different Architectures and Data Sources for Business Intelligence and writing MDX Scripting.
- Thorough knowledge of Features, Structure, Attributes, Hierarchies, Star and Snow Flake Schemas of Data Marts.
- Good working knowledge on Developing SSAS Cubes, Aggregation, KPIs, Measures, Partitioning Cube, Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, Azure, Power BI, Visual Studio 2013, Agile Environment.
Confidential, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
SQL Server Developer
- Enhanced the logical and physical database design to fit new business requirements and implemented the new design into SQL Server 2012/2014
- Involved in designing, developing, and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008andSSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of thedata sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis,working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming, and loading data into data warehouse.
- Developed complexStored Procedures using SQL, Dynamic SQLqueries having good performance.
- Extensively used Joins, CTEs, Table Variables, Global and Local Temp Tables.
- Developed complex SSIS packages to load the data fromSQL Server, Oracledatabases.
- Used various transforms in SSIS to load data fromflat files and FTPto the SQL databases.
- Designed and developed data load jobs usingSSIS packageand scheduled inSQL Agent.
- Involved in day-to-day maintenance ofdatabase Objects, SSIS packages and SSRS Reports.
- ProvidedIndex tuningas required for performance improvement of the applications SQL tuning.
- Created and managedClusteredindexesandnon-Clustered indexesand optimized queries usingexecution plan.
- CreatedSSIS packagesto validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases.
- Worked with scheduling and publishing of reports in SQL server reporting services and integration with Microsoft Office tools like automatically emailing reports in various formats such as Excel, PDF etc.,
- Created and maintainedlogins, rolesandpermissionson the SQL instances and databases and provided required privileges according to the user's requirements.
- Worked withT-SQL,DBCC,DCL, DDL, DMLScripts and established relationships between tables using Constraints.
- Designed, testedunit testing and integration testingand implementedstored proceduresandtriggersfor data processing of huge volume of data.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes, and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such asLookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, and User-Defined Functions tosupportthefront-end application
- CreatedJobsusing the SQL server agent to automatically run the stored procedures in scheduled time
- Designed, deployed, and maintained variousSSRS Reportsin SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Developed profit analysis reports and dashboards by-products and customers
- Involved in De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval
- Interacting with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored procedures,triggers, and problems related to the privileges.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Reporting (SSRS), Visual Studio 2008.
- Created SQL scripts to validate and verify thedata migrationfrom SQL Server 2000 to SQL server 2008 R2 production server
- Developed stored procedures for front-end to upload customer’s records from online applications into SQL server 2008 R2
- CreatedLogging and Configuration files for SSISpackages
- Responsiblefor developing, monitoring, and deploying SSISpackages
- Build efficientSSISpackages for processingfactanddimensiontables with complex transforms and type 2 slowly changing dimensions
- Loadedflat filesinto stage tables by using Bulk Copy ProgramBCPandDTSpackages. Scheduled database jobs for automation of DBA tasks
- Worked onSSRSto generatereports using XML data source
- Automate thebackup and the recovery strategiesfor the Production environments
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data sources, and subtotals for the report and deployed SSRS reports
- Worked actively inperformance tuning and optimizingthe SQL queries using the SQL Profiler, query execution plan, and Custom Script, Built-in performance Report, and Activity Monitor
- Implemented DB maintenance plans by appropriatelyre-indexingthe indexes to resolve fragmentation.
- Created tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, triggers & procedures. Used DDL & DML commands for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Designed stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Developed database objects such as Stored Procedures, CTE, Functions, Tables, Triggers and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Implemented Triggers for checking complex business conditions, providing security for the tables.
- Created Materialized Views and Indexes for better performance of summary tables, Autonomous Transactions, Coding Dynamic SQL Statements.
- Planned complete Back-up of Database and Restored the Database from Disaster Recovery.
- Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-indexing.
- Created check constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Physical Implementation of database into SQL Server 2000 using T-SQL.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers.
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Development of custom scripts and stored procedures for data import and manipulation
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2008 R2,SQL,Server Integration Services(SSIS), SSRS,Crystal Reports, Ervin 4.0, Visual Studio 2008.