- 9 years of experience in the field of data analytics, data processing and database technologies.
- 5 years of experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution and Elasticsearch.
- 3+ years professional experience with modeling and analysis, computational linguistics/natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, deep learning, and/or large - scale “big data” mining
- Extensive experience with a number of machine learning modelling approaches, e.g. neural networks, SVMs, probabilistic graphical models; Strong background in natural language processing, text mining; Programming experience in Python and Java, and Experience with data visualization tools.
- Data Architecture and planning including modeling, database schema, file systems, NoSQL database and pipelines using Amazon AWS, Hive, Pig, Spark, Spark Streaming and a variety of Spark APIs for integration along with Python libraries.
- Experience architecting distributed cloud computing systems using AWS, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Cassandra NoSQl DB, MondoDB; integrating various data stores with Hadoop HDFS.
- Fluent in architecture and engineering of the MapR Hadoop ecosystem.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team lead and team player.
- Familiarity with SQL and noSQL databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, CassandraDB, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, and Hadoop HDFS.
- Administration of on-premise Hadoop and its related ecosystems such as MapReduce, (MRVx, YARN), Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Oozie, Kafka, Hcatalog, Spark, etc.
- Hands on experience in coding MapReduce/Yarn Programs using Java, Scala for analyzing Big data.
- Skilled in the use of MapReduce, MapReduce jobs and generating tools like Pig or Hive.
- Working knowledge of distributed processing systems, e.g. Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Flink
- Researching and recommending machine learning algorithms and data sets for advancing the state-of-the-art techniques for a variety of analytics, including entity resolution, entity reconciliation, named entity recognition, co-reference, anaphora; Basic knowledge of embedding models e.g. word2vec, GloVe
- Solid statistics knowledge e.g. hypothesis testing, ANOVA, chi-square tests
- Command of data science principles e.g. regression, Bayes, time series, clustering, P/R, AUROC
Scripting: Unix shell scripting, SQL, Hive QL, Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark MLlib, Spark API, Avro, Scala, Python, Parquet, ORC, Microsoft PowerShell, C, C#, VBA.
Database: Use of databases and File Systems in Hadoop big data environments such as SQL and NoSQL Databases, Apache Cassandra, Apache Hbase, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, HDFS
Data Architecture, Storage, ETL, BI Analysis: XML, Blueprint XML, Ajax, REST API, JSON, pyTorch, TensorFlow, Tableau, Qlik View, Pentaho, Spark, Spark Streaming, Pig, Hive, MapR, MapReduce
Distribution & Cloud: For Hadoop data processing, familiar with Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Anaconda Cloud, Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, Lucene, Cloudera Hadoop, Databricks, Hortonworks Hadoop, or Hadoop environments
Hadoop Ecosystem Software & Tools: Apache Ant,, Apache Flume, Apache Hadoop, Apache Hadoop YARN, Apache Hbase, Apache Hcatalog, Apache Hive, Apache Kafka, Apache MAVEN, Apache Oozie, Apache Pig, Apache Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark MLlib, GraphX, SciPy, Pandas, RDDs, DataFrames, Datasets, Mesos, Apache Tez, Apache ZooKeeper, Cloudera Impala, HDFS, Hortonworks, Apache Airflow and Camel, Apache Lucene, Elasticsearch, Elastic Cloud, Kibana, X-Pack, Apache SOLR, Apache Drill, Presto, Apache Hue, Sqoop, Kibana, Tableau, AWS, Cloud Foundry, GitHub, Bit Bucket, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Visio, Tableau, Google Analytic, Weka -Software, Microsoft Excel VBA, Project and Access, SAS, Others Microsoft Cain & Abel, Microsoft, Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) AWS (configuring/deploying Software)
Hadoop Data Analyst/Architect
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Worked with Hadoop Data Lakes and Hadoop Big Data ecosystem using Hortonworks Hadoop distribution, and Hadoop Spark, Hive, Kerberos, Avro, Spark Streaming, Spark MLlib, and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Used Cloudera Hadoop (CDH) distribution with Elasticsearch.
- Using Curator API on Elasticsearch to data back up and restoring.
- Involved in creating Hive Tables, loading with data and writing Hive queries for Hadoop Data processing.
- Using Curator API onElasticsearchto data back up and restoring.
- Configured Spark streaming to receive real time data from Kafka and store the stream data to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Used Sqoop for ETL of dataset between RDBMS databases, NoSQL databases, and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Data ingestion using Flume with source as Kafka Source & Sink as Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Created indexes for various statistical parameters on Elasticsearch and generated visualization using Kibana.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using EFK Stack Elasticsearch Fluentd Kibana.
- Performed automation engineer tasks and implemented the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana) for AWS EC2 hosts.
- Performed storage capacity management, performance tuning and benchmarking of clusters.
- Created Tableau dashboards for TNS Value manager in using various Tableau features, i.e., Custom-SQL, Multiple Tables, Blending, Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Calculations, Context Filters, Data source filters, Hierarchies, Filter Actions, Maps etc.
- Wrote SQL queries for Hadoop data validation of Tableau reports and dashboards.
- Optimized Hadoop with Hive data storage partitioning and bucketing on managed & external tables.
- In Hadoop ecosystem, created Hive external tables and Hive data models.
- Implemented best practices to improve Tableau dashboard performance & Hadoop pipeline.
- Used Apache Spark & Spark Streaming to move data from servers to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Performed performance tuning for Spark Steaming e.g. setting right Batch Interval time, correct level of Parallelism, selection of correct Serialization & memory tuning.
- Implemented Hadoop data ingestion and cluster handling in real time data processing using Kafka.
- Migrated Hadoop ETL jobs to Pig scripts before Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Worked on importing and exporting data (ETL) using Sqoop between Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) to RDBMS (database).
- Implemented workflows using Apache Oozie framework to automate tasks in the Hadoop system.
- Performed both major and minor upgrades to the existing Hortonworks Hadoop cluster.
- Implemented YARN Resource pools to share resources of cluster for YARN jobs submitted by users.
- Performance tuning of HIVE service for better Query performance on ad-hoc queries.
- Expert with BI tools like Tableau and PowerBI, data interpretation, modeling, data analysis, and reporting with the ability to assist in directing planning based on insights.
- Involved in the process of designing Hadoop Architecture including data modeling.
- Used Spark Streaming with Kafka & Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) & MongoDB to build a continuous ETL pipeline for real time data analytics.
- Performance tuning the data heavy dashboards and reports for optimization using various options like Extracts, Context filters, writing efficient calculations, Data source filters, Indexing and Partitioning in data source etc.
Environment: HDFS, PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, HBase, Zoo keeper, Cloudera Manager, Ambari, Oracle, MYSQL, Cassandra, Sentry, Falcon, Spark, YARN
Hadoop Data Architect/Engineer Consultant
Confidential - Farmington, CT
- Worked with clients to better understand their reporting and dash boarding needs and present solutions using structured Waterfall and Agile project methodology approach for Hadoop big data environments.
- Architected Spark Context, Spark -SQL, DataFrame and Pair RDDs in Hadoop environments.
- Architected systems to do job using MapReduce.
- Architected import of unstructured data into Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) with Spark Streaming & Kafka.
- Developed various data connections from data sourced to SSIS, and Tableau Server for report and dashboard development.
- Implemented Partitioning, Dynamic Partitions and Buckets in HIVE for increasing Hadoop system performance.
- Developed metrics, attributes, filters, reports, dashboards and also created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data from Hadoop system.
- Architected and implemented ETL workflows using Python and Scala for processing data in Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Configured Elastic Lod Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Lambda, Route53, CloudFormation, Auto Scaling groups. Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company's network.
- Hands on with Serverless architecture using services like Lambda and their integration for repeated use across accounts and environments using CloudFormation Templates.
- Used the AWS-CLI to suspend an AWS Lambda function and automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS.
- Imported data into Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and Hive using Sqoop and Kafka. Created Kafka topics and distributed to different consumer applications.
- Architected and implemented continuous Spark streaming ETL pipeline with Spark, Kafka, Scala, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Architected AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Analyzed Hadoop cluster using big data analytic tools including Kafka, Pig, Hive, Spark, Hadoop.
- Scheduled and executed workflows in Oozie to run Hive and Pig jobs on Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Wrote shell scripts to execute Pig and Hive scripts and move the data files to/from Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Configured Spark streaming to receive real time data from Kafka and store to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Handled 20 TB of data volume with 120-node cluster in Production environment.
- Worked with Hadoop on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and involved in ETL, Data Integration and Migration.
- Import/export data into Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). and Hive using Sqoop and Kafka.
- Worked on Spark SQL and DataFrames for faster execution of Hive queries using Spark and AWS EMR
- Implemented Spark using Scala and Spark SQL for faster analyzing and processing of data.
- Wrote complex Hive queries, Spark SQL queries and UDFs.
- Apache Kafka to transform live streaming with the batch processing to generate reports
- Involved in creating Hive tables, loading the data and writing Hive queries for Hadoop Data system.
- Created Partitions, Buckets based on State to further process using Bucket based Hive joins.
- Involved in converting Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDDs.
- Created Hive Generic UDF's to process business logic that varies based on policy.
- Used Hive, spark SQL Connection to generate Tableau BI reports.
- Loading data from diff servers to AWS S3 bucket and setting appropriate bucket permissions.
Environment: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, YARN, Kafka, Pig, MongoDB, Sqoop, Storm, Cloudera, Impala
Hadoop Data Engineer
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
- Built a prototype for real - time analysis using Spark streaming and Kafka in Hadoop system.
- Consumed the data from Kafka queue using Storm, and deployed the application jar files into AWS instances.
- Collected the business requirements from subject matter experts and data scientists.
- Load and transform large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data using Hadoop, Spark, Hive for ETL, pipeline and Spark streaming, acting directly on Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Extracted the data from RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL) to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). using Sqoop.
- Used NoSQL databases like MongoDB in implementation and integration.
- Configured Oozie workflow engine scheduler to run multiple Hive, Sqoop and pig jobs in the Hadoop system.
- Built a Full-Service Catalog System which has a full workflow using Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Kinesis, CloudWatch.
- Transferred data using Informatica tool from AWS S3, and used AWS Redshift for cloud data storage.
- Used different file formats like Text files, Sequence Files, Avro for data processing in Hadoop system.
- Loaded data from various data sources into Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). using Kafka.
- Integrated Kafka with Spark Streaming for real time data processing in Hadoop.
- Used the image files to create instances containing Hadoop installed and running.
- Streamed analyzed data to Hive Tables using Sqoop, making available for data visualization.
- Tuning and operating Spark and its related technologies like Spark SQL and Spark Streaming.
- Used the Hive JDBC to verify the data stored in the Hadoop cluster.
- Connected various data centers and transferred data using Sqoop and ETL tools in Hadoop system.
- Imported data from disparate sources into Spark RDD for data processing. In Hadoop
- Designed a cost - effective archival platform for storing big data using Hadoop and its related technologies.
- Developed a task execution framework on EC2 instances using SQL and DynamoDB.
- Used shell scripts to dump the data from MySQL to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
Environment: Hadoop, Spark, HDF, Oozie, Sqoop, MongoDB, Hive, Pig, Storm, Kafka, SQL, Acro, RDD. SQS S3, Cloud, MySQL, Informatica, Dynamo DB
Hadoop Data Engineer
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
- Collected and aggregated large amounts of log data using Apache Flume and staging data in HDFS for further analysis.
- Developed Hadoop pipeline jobs to process the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) data, and used Avro and Parquet file formats with ORC compression tool.
- Used Zookeeper for providing coordinating services to the Hadoop cluster.
- Documented Technical Specs, Dataflow, Data Models and Class Models in the Hadoop system.
- Used Zookeeper and Oozie for coordinating the cluster and scheduling workflows in Hadoop.
- Worked on installing cluster, commissioning, and decommissioning of data node, NameNode recovery, capacity planning, and slots configuration in Hadoop.
- Involved in production support, which involved monitoring server and error logs, and foreseeing and preventing potential issues, and escalating issue when necessary.
- Implemented partitioning, bucketing in Hive for better organization of the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) data.
- Used Linux shell scripts to automate the build process, and regular jobs like ETL.
- Imported data using Sqoop to load data from MySQL and Oracle to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). on regular basis.
- Creating Hive external tables to store the Pig script output. Working on them for data analysis in order to meet the business requirements.
- Successfully loaded files to HDFS from Teradata, and loaded from HDFS to HIVE.
- Used Sqoop to efficiently transfer data between databases and HDFS and used Flume to stream the log data from servers.
- Involved in loading the created Files into HBase for faster access of all the products in all the stores without taking Performance hit.
- Installed and configured Pig for ETL jobs and made sure we had Pig scripts with regular expression for data cleaning.
- Involved in loading data from Linux file system to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop.
- Moving data from Oracle to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). and vice-versa (ETL) using Sqoop.
Environment: Hadoop Cluster, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Linux, Oozie, Navigator.
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Assisted in designing, building, and maintaining database to analyze life cycle of checking and debit transactions.
- Wrote shell scripts to monitor health check of Apache Tomcat and JBOS; daemon services and respond accordingly to any warning or failure conditions.
- Database design and development of large database systems: Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i, DB2, PL, SQL.
- Computed trillions of credit value calculations per day on a cost-effective, parallel compute platform
- Worked on Hive for exposing data for further analysis and for generating transforming files from different analytical formats to text files.
- Involved in analyzing system failures, identifying root causes and recommended course of actions.
- Developed, tested, and implemented financial-services application to bring multiple clients into standard database format.
- Worked with several clients with day to day requests and responsibilities. rHands-on experience of Sun One Application Server, Web logic Application Server, Web Sphere Application Server, Web Sphere Portal Server, and J2EE application deployment technology.
- Enable fast and easy access to all the data sources through a high-performance, distributed NFS storage architecture
Environment: Maven, SQL, XML
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Participated in data migrations from on premise to cloud systems.
- Gathered and finalized requirements and data profiling analysis.
- Worked on entry level assignments.
- Responsible for gathering the requirements, designing and developing the applications.
- Worked on UML diagrams for the project use case.
- Worked with CSV data for applications.
- Connected to read, write data.
- Developed static web pages using HTML and CSS.
- Worked on client-side data validation.
- Involved in structuring Wiki and Forums for product documentation
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes