Sr Oracle Pl/sql Developer Resume
- Over 8 years of IT experience in System Analysis, Design, Development, Maintenance and Support using Oracle Database 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL * Loader, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning, and Trouble Shooting
- Experience in interacting with users, analyzing client business processes, documenting business requirements, performing design analysis and developing technical design specifications.
- Providing assistance in logical/physical data modeling using ERWIN
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP
- Experience with multiple RDBMS including Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.x/7.x, SQL server 2008/2005 databases on UNIX, Linux and Windows enterprise platforms
- TEMPEffectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re - Write and Transportable table spaces
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Index (B Tree, Bitmap and Function Based).
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Packages, Triggers and functions, ref cursors using SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience in creating cursors, composite data types, collections and exception handling
- Proficient in working and conceptual noledge of Oracle Forms 6i/10g, Reports 6i
- Experienced in performance tuning using SQL Trace - TKPROF and Explain Plan
- Experienced in working with utilities like SQL*Loader, External Tables, Import, Export to extract and load large volume of data
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages, Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling. Partitioned large Tables using range partition technique
- Good noledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes
- Developed various Unix Shell Scripts to manipulate data files, set-up environment variables, custom FTP utility, file archiving
- Hands on experience with tools like SQL Navigator, Toad, SQL*Plus, Export and Import Utilities along with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Used bulk binding techniques like BULK COLLECT and FOR ALL to improve performance
- Experience working with Unix shell, Perl Scripting for ETL Job scheduling using different like Autosys, Control M and Data cleansing processes
- Extensive experience in integration of data from heterogeneous sources (ERP, RDBMS, Flat Files and Web Applications)
- Profound noledge of using Visual Basic, .Net platform, VB.Net, ASP.Net and C#
- Worked on Production Support, receiving production calls, troubleshooting the application and resolving bugs.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, SAP BI BW 7.0
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Shell Script, Batch script, ASP .NET, XML
Tools: TOAD 8.5/8.0/7.1, SQL-Developer, PL-SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Import and Export, Explain Plan TKPROF, Quality Center 10.0
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin r7/r4/r3.5, MS Visio 2007/2010
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2000/NT, Windows Vista/ XP/98/95, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Interacted with Business Users and Business System Analysts to gather the Requirements.
- Participated in the full software development life cycle.
- Involved in creating Logical and Physical data modeling using ERWIN.
- Created materialized views on remote source database and automated scheduler of refreshing of materialized view on source side.
- Created database objects like Tables, Sequences and Constraints as per the business requirement.
- Created or Modified the Sequel Script (.sql file) to point to the current source.
- Extracted data from the source views by writing the procedures to load the data into staging tables.
- Created database views and materialized views.
- Created database triggers based on business requirement.
- Developed stored functions, packages based on requirement.
- Automated Quality Check tasks by creating PL/SQL procedures, cursors, functions and dynamic SQL. Enhanced it with creating exceptions for error handling.
- Modified and debugged several PL/SQL programs for performance tuning using techniques like EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF and DBMS PROFILER
- Written complex Oracle SQL queries with complexity using Inner/Outer joins, Union All, Intersect & Minus set operators
- Wrote many simple and complex ad-hoc reports using SQL Plus and TOAD for the business users. Transformed complex business rules to Oracle PL/SQL
- Use various SQL Profiler templates for tracking execution time of TSQL Statements.
- Created indexes on tables and optimized procedure queries.
- Maintained Database security by authenticating users, using logon triggers.
- Running explain plan for tuning the SQL queries.
- Used Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application
- Created test scripts documentation for all the procedures dat I has created.
- Involved in production support, like monitoring the performance of the Unix jobs.
- Involved in the Error Diagnosis, developing test plans to conduct the Unit and Integration testing
- Researching and resolving the problems occurred with the Jobs and also involved with the end user to resolve the problems
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL Developer 6.0, Toad 9.1, SQL * Loader, UNIX, Shell Scripts, SQL Navigator, Erwin r7, QC 10.0, Windows
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Oracle PL /SQL Consultant
- Involved in analysis, design, coding, and implementation
- Involved in creating Database Design (Physical and logical) as per the requirement given by business
- Worked on Erwin Data Modeler for mapping both user-defined and default data types
- Developed PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, materialized views, SQL Scripts and triggers to populate the historic data in the tables applying business logic
- Wrote Package containing several Procedures and Functions in PL/SQL to validate before loading into Application database.
- Worked on sequences, functions, synonyms, indexes, triggers, packages, stored procedures, roles and granting privileges on OLTP server.
- Involved in Creation of tables, Partitioning tables, Join conditions, correlated sub queries, and nested queries, views for the business application development.
- Created temporary tables and developed SQL*Loader control files to load the legacy data into the temporary tables.
- Wrote Materialized views and complicated queries using SQL.
- Involved in writing SQL queries (Sub queries and Join conditions), PL/SQL programming.
- Used the advanced features of PL/SQL like collections, nested table, array & Dynamic SQL.
- Merged data files coming from the customer into the existing data warehouse.
- Worked with Oracle Enterprise Manager, Net configuration assistant
- Written the SQL Queries to Data Retrieval Tool
- Wrote SQL sub-queries with join conditions and PL/SQL scripts
- Involved in performance tuning of SQL queries and Created indexes on tables and optimizing Stored procedure queries
- Design and developed the scripts to create table, views, indexes and sequence.
- Used UNIX scripting to automate the process by using CRONTAB.
- Extensively involved in tuning the queries and applying hints for faster and better performance of the SQL queries.
- Created the Shell Scripts to automate the execution of the PL/SQL subprograms and to move the data to store in historical folders.
- Used FTP to transfer the files into different servers as needed by the business users.
- Created the test scripts and complex queries to test the timesheet application and to quality assurance of the data.
- Involved in preparing test plans, unit testing, System integration testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Involved in preparing functional document, user document, process flow diagram and flow charts.
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, SQL * Loader, SQL * Navigator, TOAD, Erwin r4, SQL Server 2008, UNIX, C#, MS Visual Studio.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Created data mapping to map the data from different sources to Oracle.
- Involved in implementing the data integrity validation checks through constraints and triggers.
- Developed and modified packages, functions and stored procedures for data conversions
- Developed PL/SQL procedures to create database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data from the Data repository using cursors and exception handling.
- Created indexes on tables to improve the performance by eliminating the full table scans.
- Created views for hiding actual tables and to eliminate the complexity of the large queries.
- Worked with Bulk Collections for bulk load processing.
- Created Records, Objects, Collections to store ordered group of elements for faster assessment of tables
- Created Error Handling to handle run-time errors in the PL/SQL code.
- Involved in code walk through and review sessions with the development team.
- Used Oracle Hints and explain plan to fine tune the queries.
- Increased performance tuning by rewriting some of the Queries.
- Automatic Scheduling of the jobs are done by Cronjobs.
- Used Microsoft VSS to version control all the database scripts.
- Designed and developed Oracle forms and reports according to user specification.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Oracle Forms and Reports 6i, SQL, PL/SQL, Erwin, UNIX, Windows XP, Microsoft Excel, TOAD, Microsoft VSS
Confidential, Southlake, TX
Senior Database Developer
- Developed severalPackages, Procedures, Functions and Triggers to use in multiple series of other backend programs using PL/SQL.
- Involved in Logical and Physical Database design and Star Schema design. Identified Fact tables, Transaction tables for small Business and Consumer Markets (SBCM) customers.
- Written SQL scripts to create database objects like tables, views and sequences.
- Constant monitoring and performance tuning of Oracle10g database, checking the most queries.
- Coded PL/SQL sub-programs and modified the existing PL/SQL program units for customer Contact Employees (CCE’s) relationships.
- Customer Data Load from flat files into Oracle tables using SQL*Loader, and PL/SQL procedures.
- Developed batch programs using UNIX shell scripts to generate reports daily, weekly & monthly for Customers Markets.
- Created Korn Jobs to perform regular updates to database tables to keep in sync with the data coming from other sources.
- Performed review and analysis of deadlocks and database performance tuning.
- Conducted code walkthrough & internal/peer reviews on application code and other deliverables.
- Documented the whole process flow, PL/SQL packages, log files, locations and descriptions, log tables and possible error messages, process codes and descriptions.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Worked closely with the Application Development teams to identify and implement continuous improvements and TEMPeffective problem resolution strategies.
Environment: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL, PLSQL, SQL*Loader, KORN Shell script, Erwin, TOAD, Web Logic, HTML, Java, J2EE, Unix.
- Gathered test requirements by coordinating with Business, design and development team
- Created Test plans and detailed test cases for functional and integration, performance test phases
- Coordinated with development team for all the issues related to deployments, defect tracking.
- Was responsible for creating both positive and negative test cases.
- Participated in daily build calls and defect review calls
- Extensively using SQL Queries for gathering test data and for validating the data
- Reporting and tracking the defects using Clear Quest
- Regular meetings and updates are made to the Management team of the ongoing QA Process.
- Created test scripts for various testing stages like Functional, Regression, System and End-to End testing
- Worked with Development team, Requirements team and DBA’s to resolve the issues encountered.
- Successfully involved in several Releases to certify them as ready for deployment in a production level environment form QA Perspective.
Environment: Windows XP, Oracle 10g, SQL, HTML UNIX, SQL Developer, Clear Case, and Clear Quest.
- Involved in Functional Requirements review meetings.
- Involved in to prepare the test cases according to the Functional Requirements.
- Participated in peer reviews with team and with feature developers to review the test cases.
- Executed Test Cases to verify the functionality of the respective features of the application.
- Used Bugzilla to report the defects found during Regression testing and followed up until it resolves.
- Worked with developers to resolve and fix the faults found in testing functionality of the application.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Test to ensure dat the total functionality of the application was met by complying with the entire business requirements pattern.
- Environment: Manual Testing, VB, Oracle 7.3, PL/SQL, Windows, UNIX.
Environment: Manual Testing, VB, Oracle 7.3, PL/SQL, Windows, UNIX
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes