- Over 8 years experience as MS SQL Server BI Developer, involved in Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012.
- Excellent working skills in MS SQL Server business intelligence tools SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Configured report subscriptions both data driven and time driven.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, cursors.
- Thorough knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in query tuning, Index tuning, Data Profiling and other database related activities.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 UDB and Flat Files.
- Expertise in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Review Test Cases and Test Results.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for performing Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and loading using SSIS and designed data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Expertise in working on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using, Data Transformation Services DTS and SSIS with MS SQL 2005/2008/2012.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports, handling parameterized reports and creating stylish report layouts in SSRS 2005/2008/2012.
- Building and writing MDX Queries, Calculated Members, and KPI's using Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services Business Intelligence SSAS .
- Involved in migration of DTS Packages 2000 to SSIS 2005 and troubleshoot migration issues.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling using Event Handlers, Pre, and post for SSIS Packages. Deployed reports across Test, Dev and production environments.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Hands on experience in using transformations like Aggregate, Row Count, Data Conversion, Lookup, Merge, Union all, Derived Column, Multi Cast, OLEDB Command and Conditional Split in different scenarios.
- Worked Extensively on Creating and Calling Complex Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Cursors, Triggers, Indexes using SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Developed dashboard reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
- Expert knowledge and experience authoring, managing and deploying reporting solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- Working knowledge in developing reports like Tabular Reports, Matrix Report, Charts, Custom Reports, Drill-Down, Parameterized and for the end user requirement Ad Hoc Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS in Business Intelligent Development Studio BIDS .
- Experienced in developing reports in different rendering formats like Excel, PDF and Word
- Experiences in SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP Cubes, and Data Mining.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression MDX , mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Expertise in Error and Event Handling which involves Break Points, Check Points, Precedence Constraints, and Logging.
- Scheduled SSIS and SSRS jobs to run automatically by creating a job scheduler using SQL Server Agent and Tidal Scheduler.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server TFS to manage the team's software development lifecycle.
- Used Versioning tools like PVCS and Team Foundation Server for version controlling of the application.
- Excellent Team member with an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal relations, strong communication skills and high levels of motivation.
C, SQL, T-SQL
MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/ 2005/ 2000, MS-Access
ASP.Net, HTML , XML
SQL Server Tools
Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Windows 95/98/2000/XP/2007/NT,MS Dos and UNIX
Data Modeling Tool
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2208, MS Office 2010/2007
SSRS 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, Crystal Reports 10, 11, Excel
Erwin 5.1, MS Visio 2010/2007/2003
SQL Server BI Developer
- Actively participated in interacting with users, team lead, DBA's and technical manager to fully understand the Application/System and Business requirements.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2 using T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views .
- Defined Indexes, Views, Constraints and Triggers to implement business rules.
- Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling as well as complex SSIS packages using various Data transformations like Lookup, Script Task, and Conditional Split, Derived Column, Fuzzy Lookup, and For-Each loop container in SSIS scheduled the same SSIS packages by creating the job tasks.
- Extensively used triggers, transaction in stored procedures which involves complex joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Scheduled SSIS and SSRS jobs to run automatically by creating a job scheduler using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked to resolve IM tickets generated by production control when a job in production fails or output is not appropriate.
- Using SQL server reporting services SSRS and Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Loading data from various sources like OLEDB, flat files, Excel files to SQL Server database Using SSIS Packages and created data mappings to load the data from source to destination.
- Used various transformations like Derived Column to write expressions, Row Count Condition split, Aggregate transformation and Multicast transformations based on the need and business requirement.
- Used Lookups Transformation to get the data from reference data sets.
- Used ETL methodology for performing Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and Loading using SSIS and designed data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Loading data from OLEDB into flat files and Excel files.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Experienced in understanding the SQL queries/SP, SSIS Packages and SSRS reports written/designed by others to modify/redesign them according to the new requirements.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Management Studio for back end data validation testing.
- Experience in developing Custom Report and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS in Business intelligence development studio BIDS .
- Using SSIS Packages and created data mappings to load the data from source to destination.
- Creating Reports as per user requirements using MS Reporting Services 2012/2008R2.
- Created sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS.
- Involved in Unit Testing of the results of SQL queries before actually testing team do.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012/2008R2
- Created traces using SQL server profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations.
- Extensively worked on generating SSRS reports in different rendering formats like Microsoft office word 2010 PDF and Excel 2010.
- Written test cases for Unit testing purposes.
- Involved in demoralization of tables for reporting purposes.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, Windows 7/XP, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, TFS 2010, OLTP, MS Office 2010, Excel 2010, MS Office Access 2010 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
SQL server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created SSIS packages for importing the Excel layouts into the database using SSIS.
- Used BIDS to design SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, and archived data file from different DBMS. Scheduled the job to do this task periodically.
- Loaded data from ODS to Data Warehouse using SSIS packages.
- Experience in SSIS script tasks, Look up transformations and Data flow tasks using T-SQL,C and Visual Basic scripts.
- Using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into SQL Database using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, and active script task.
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports using SSRS 2008R2.
- Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Wrote new Stored Procedures for new system and optimized old Store Procedures and Functions on Production Server.
- Developed packages using various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Improved data load performance by analyzing database design and query plans.
- Modified and Create Joins to Improve the Database and execution speed.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Involved in Performance Tuning using SQL Server Profiler and SQL server Hints. Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2008R2.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc. and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008,SSIS, SSRS2012/2008, T-SQL, Crystal Report, ETL,Erwin,TFS,.Net Framework, Asp.Net, Java Script, CSS, HTML,MVC
SQL Server BI Developer
- Worked with Business Users and Business analyst in gathering requirements and preparing the functional and technical documentation.
- Used Temporary tables, table variables in Stored procedures to simply complex queries
- Optimized queries by analyzing different query options, and indexing strategies.
- Employed best practices in creating a complete schema including tables, relationships, stored procedures, views, clustered and non-clustered indexes and triggers, and implemented the import and export of data using SSIS.
- Created ETL packages that reads Product, Vendor, and Order data from an FTP server into a SQL Server database. The solution also validated incoming Data and performs notifications when jobs complete.
- Created SSIS packages to load data from Heterogeneous sources like Flat files, CSV files and Excel.
- Implemented custom logging to keep track of the packages being run automatically. Configured the packages to run on different servers using Package Configurations.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling using Event handlers.
- Used various transformations in SSIS like Lookup, Derived Column, Union all, Merge to modify the data which is stored in various forms efficiently.
- Scheduled SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent.
- As part of a team created various reports according to the business requirements. Individually authored, installed, deployed and managed reports using SSRS 2008.
- Worked on migration of SSRS 2008 to SSRS 2012.
- Generated drill through, drill down which projected data as per the user requirements using SSRS.
- Redesigned older reports in Crystal reports to meet the changing requirements to cater and provide business solution to the end user using SSRS 2008.
- Implemented Conditional formatting using Expression in SSRS 2008.
- Create Parameterized reports using Text and Stored procedures as source in SSRS
- Used report model project and Report Builder 3.0 to generate ad-hoc reports using SSRS 2008
- Deployed SSRS reports to share point server and also used Excel services in Share point application.
- Managed subscriptions and data-driven report subscriptions to provide timely reports to the clients and end users, also created snapshots to reduce loading time.
- The order data loaded into the SQL Server was used to generate reports and charts using the SSRS 2008 reporting functionality Tablix control, charting features .
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, MS Excel 2007, MS SQL Query Analyzer, Crystal Reports, SQL Profiler, ETL, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services.