- Over 7+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client-Server Applications & Database systems using MSSQL 2008/2005.
- Active participation in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) specifically waterfall and Agile Scrum methodology.
- Strong experience in SQL Development, ETL development using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence delivery using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using SQL Server SSIS.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded data from various heterogeneous data sources and destinations like Access, Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat files using connectors, tasks and transformations provided by SSIS.
- Extensive experience delivering OLAP solutions by developing Corporate Dashboard Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Model and Ad Hoc Reporting using Report Builder functionality.
- Hands-on in development of Drill down Reports in SSRS and Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the manager.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experienced in writing parameterized Queries for generating reports, formatting report, layout, sub reports using global variables, expressions and functions in SSRS.
- Good Experience in developingWorkflowandImagingapplications.
- Extensively involved in installation of MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0
- Extensive knowledge and Experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Worked on administration tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, backup & recovery, user and application table management, upgrades, creating databases / file groups/files/transaction logs.
- Responsible for rebuilding the indexes and tables as part of performance tuning
- Experience in upgradation and Migration of SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008
- Responsible for 24X7 production support on a callout rotation basis for all SQL databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and possess strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and possess ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills. Team-oriented, technically motivated and creative. User oriented with a desire to learn client's business requirements.
- Strong inclination for finishing job before project deadline. Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
- Skilled at assessing client needs, working in a group, suggesting ideas that enhance efficiency and maximize performance and can work in demanding project schedules.
- Bachelor Of Engineering in Computer Science
Operating System: Windows NT/98/2000/XP/2003 server, UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris Languages:T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, ASP, VB Script, Perl, C#, .NET Framework, Java, J2EE, ASP.NET, C, C++ Data Warehouse Tools:SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, DTS, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Informatica DATABASE:MS Access, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008, Oracle 8i/9i/10g Tools/Utility:Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), Database Tuning Advisor, DTS, Analysis Manager, BCP, SQL Profiler Other Tools:MS Office, Visio, Ms Excel, MS-Project 2000,Informatica 7.1.1 Reporting Tools:Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services 2008,2005,Crystal Reports
Confidential, Minneapolis,MN Oct 2011 -Till Date SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Description: Ceridian is a leading global business services company that helps organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, grow revenue, and minimize financial risk offering a comprehensive range of human resource, benefits and payment solutions. Responsibilities:
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process by analyzing business requirements and understanding the functional work flow of information from source systems to destination systems.
- Designed and developedSSIS Packagesto import and export data fromMS Excel, SQL Server 2005 and Flat files.
- Involved in daily batch loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and ODS areas, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for loop Containers and Fuzzy Lookups etc.
- Involved in ETL architecture enhancements to increase the performance using query optimizer
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation.
- Configured the loading of data into slowly changing dimensions using slowly Changing Dimension wizard. Also implemented checksum SCD method to load the data into date warehouse.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling by identifying the fact and dimension tables based on the user & reporting requirements.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them Via Microsoft Office Share point Server (MOSS).
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed a High level dashboard using SSRS 2008.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Developed various types of complex reports like Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Involved in designingParameterized Reports and Report Modelsfor generatingAd-Hocreports as per the client requirements.
- Defined Key Performance Indicator metrics to create scorecards.
- Involved in creating report models and applying row level security filters for report model.
- Coordinated with front-end for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non clustered indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Involved in upgrading from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Advised optimization of queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), .Net framework, Microsoft Office Share Point Server, XML, MS Visual Source Safe and Windows Server 2003.
Confidential, Nashville, TN Mar 2011 -Sep 2011 SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Description: LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world’s largest providers of Christian products and services. The company owns and operates 163 LifeWay Christian Stores throughout the United States, as well as two of the largest Christian conference centers in the country.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server Integration Services
- Worked on creating SSIS packages to upgrade SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Troubleshooting ODBC and OLEDB connection issues in SSIS packages.
- Took part in the preparation of Project plan, user acceptance testing. Got a detailed understanding of business functionality and took the responsibility of preparing the Functionality.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Got a detailed understanding of business functionality and took the responsibility of preparing the Functionality Test Plan which was used by testing team while doing their testing process.
- Designed the packages in order to extract data from SQL db, flat files and loaded into Oracle database.
- Involved in re-design, re-code, and deploy new data extractions using SSIS, and designed and produced documentation of data transformations for all extractions.
- Developed user defined financial reports to provide on demand financial data analysis using SSRS
- Performed data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure
- Developed numerous ad-hoc reports using SSRS for day to day financial reporting
- Installed and configured the components required to integrate SSRS with MOSS Enterprise Edition
- Experience in creating and maintaining MS SQL Server installation, performance tuning, backup, restore, security and disaster recovery.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional Tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Monitored database status including CPU, memory, I/O, space and dead lock using SQL Server Utilities.
- Wrote DTS scripts for data transfer and Involved in System testing.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio for back end data validation testing.
- Worked on SSIS and DTS Packages, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database (Text format data) to SQL Server
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Created interactive reports with SSRS, using the report parameters, query parameters, Filters and Expressions.
- Involved in design, programming, deploy and Unit Testing of requested Reports
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, MS Reporting Services 2005, SQL Server Integration Services 2005, SSAS, T-SQL, Windows XP Professional, MS Excel 2003, Visual Source Safe 8.0.
Confidential, Dallas, TX Mar 10 - Feb 2011 SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Description: SuperMedia is America's local advertising agency. We specialize in bringing buyers and sellers together through proven, innovative programs and a full suite of multi platform products, both print and online, that help grow local businesses.
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Wrote efficient stored procedures for the optimal performance of the system.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/ triggers for validating the integrity of the data.
- Created indexed views and appropriate indexes to reduce the running time for complex queries.
- Used VB to create XML web services that interface with SQL server.
- To keep track of data manipulations using Audit functionalities.
- Generated custom and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports that call sub reports in SSRS.
- Configuration and Deployment of all the Reports (RDL, RDS) across various SDLC environments.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Responsible for creating datasets using T-SQL and stored procedures.
- Created several packages in SSIS.
- Scheduled the packages to keep extracting the data from OLTP at specific time intervals.
- Used various transformation tasks to create ETL packages for data conversion.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Assisted in the design of star schema and snow flake schema.
- Responsible for rebuilding the indexes and tables as part of performance tuning
- Used SQL Server Agent for scheduling jobs and alerts.
- Active part in creating cubes from which data can be retrieved rapidly.
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning.
- Optimized queries using SQL Profiler and Database engine tuning advisor.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, SSIS 2005, SSRS 2005,.NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Erwin, T-SQL, VisualStudio.NET IDE, Windows 2000/2003 Server, XML, MS Excel, MS Access, Visual Studio 2005.
Confidential, PortsMouth,NH Dec 08 - Feb 2010 SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Description: Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world.
- Interacted with customers to analyze business needs. Provide software product design and developed technical roadmap for the solution through the project lifecycle and beyond.
- Determined the SQL Server Installation. Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Tested the Installation of SQL Server.
- Logical Data Modeling using ER-Win to fit business requirement.
- Implemented Triggers for checking complex business conditions, providing security for the tables.
- Physical Implementation of database into SQL Server 2000 using T-SQL.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-indexing.
- Created check constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from heterogeneous database.
- Data migration (import & export/BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Configured Replication Server.
- Planned complete Back-up of Database and Restored the Database from Disaster Recovery.
- Generating ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Coordinating post-implementation events such as testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, DTS, VSS, VBScript, XHTML, XML, Windows 2000/2003 Server, IIS5.0, 6.0, 7.0.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India March 2006 - Dec 2008 SQL Server Developer Description: It is one of the nation's leading financial institutions, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. It maintains users checking and saving account information, allows users to make a payment, transfer funds.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in SQL Server 2000.
- Responsible for development of standard reports Using Crystal Reports for the Vendor Sell buyback database and was the key report developer and Product support for the project
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations. Standardized the implementation of data.
- Promoted database objects from test/develop to production. Coordinated and communicated production schedules within development team.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access and Created new security accounts.
- Performed Backup and restore of databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Created the DTS Package through ETL Process to vendors in which records were extracts from Flat file and Excel sources and loaded daily at the server.
- Updated the statistics information for both the old and new servers.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, DTS Designer, MS-Office, Ms-Excel, Crystal Reports, VSS. Confidential, Hyderabad, India Feb 2005 - Jan 2006 SQL Server Developer Description: SBI is a leading provider of a full range of insurance and healthcare services, offered through its subsidiary companies. Its focus is to offer a comprehensive range of life insurance and pension products at competitive prices, ensuring high standards of customer satisfaction and world class operating efficiency, and become a model life insurance company in India in the post liberalization period.
- Involved in gathering user requirements, draft specifications, design and create Database objects for performance tuning.
- Part of team for analyzing and implementing the physical design for the database.
- Responsible for drafting, documentation for describing the metadata and writing technical guides.
- Responsible for installation of SQL Server 2000 on Production Servers and also created new ODBC connections in Windows environment.
- Developed various database objects like Tables, Triggers, Views and Stored Procedures by using T-SQL.
- Responsible for transferring of the databases and database objects from Development to Production Server using DTS.
- Analyzed and tuned complex Queries/Stored Procedures in SQL Server 2000 for faster execution and developed database structures.
- Mentored team members to optimizing SQL queries.
- Developed heavy formatted, complex formula reports; reports with advanced features like conditional formatting, and multiple grouping reports.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services for developing various reports.
Environment: SQL Server 7.0/2000, T-SQL, Query Analyzer, Windows NT/2000 server.