- Over 6+ years of experience with Software Development Life cycle as an Oracle Developer/PL/SQL Developer, which includes Analysis, Development, Implementation and testing.
- Expertise in Database Design and Development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Web deployment using Oracle 9iAS, PL/SQL, Reports 10g/9i/6i, Forms 10g/9i/6i, Oracle SQL Loader and SQL Server 7.0.
- Proficient with designing XML schemas, packages and GUI development using Oracle Forms and Reports Developer/2000.
- Excellent skills in writing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Packages, Constraints, Views and Fine-Tuning them.
- Extensive knowledge in design and modeling database-using Designer/2000. Created Business Requirements, Functional Specs and User Interface Documentation.
- Extensive experience in developing Perl, UNIX Shell scripts.
- Involved in designing numerous Oracle Forms and Reports by interacting directly with End Users and Business Analyst.
- Proficient in Oracle database creation, table space management, creating database links, schemas, profiles and roles, managing control, redo log and data files.
- Extensively used QUEST Tools (TOAD Navigator) and SQL*PLUS.
- Experience in using Exception handling to handle PL/SQL errors.
- Experience in developing Inbound and Outbound Interfaces with SQL Loader, UTL_FILE utilities.
- Experience in usingOraclein-built packages like UTL_FILE, DBMS_SQL etc.
- Developed External tables to access data in external sources as if it were in a table in oracle.
- Experience in performance tuning using Explain Plan, Indexing and Hints.
- Familiarity with SQL Server and data migration to/from MS databases.
- Developed Strategies for Extraction Transformation Loading (ETL) mechanism.
- Possess excellent communication skills with strong work ethics and have consistently demonstrated strong teamwork and ability to make a long-term commitment to projects.
- Exposure onBuilding OBIEE Repositories at three layers i.e. Physical layer, Business model Layer and Presentation layer.
- Worked in Agile Environment as an Oracle Developer
Operating Systems: HP-UNIX 10.2, PERL, SUN Solaris 5.9, AIX 4, MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT/XP. Programming Languages: PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, HTML, UNIX shell scripts, C, C++, XML Databases: ORACLE 11g/10g/9.x/8.x/7.x, SQL SERVER 2000/7.0, My SQL. Tools / Utilities: Oracle Forms 6i/9i/10g, Reports 6i/9i/10g, SQL Loader, TOAD, SQL*Plus, VB 6.0, D2K, SQL Navigator, SCCS, VSS, Autosys, Discover 2000, ETL tools. System Networks: Oracle Net, HTML, Windows Servers, OLAP/MSMQ series, ODBC, DHTML
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING in Electrical Engineering
Confidential, Hartford, CT Jan 2012- Till date Oracle Developer Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. It has a broad range of integrated health care and related plans and services, and proven health and well-being programs that are targeted to the unique needs of customers, clients and partners.
- Analyses and discuss the business requirements with the clients.
- Work with Business Analyst and Business Objects teams to get brief idea about requirements and translate the requirement into technical specifications.
- Worked in Agile Environment as an Oracle Developer to fine tune and optimize the queries in resolving the defects.
- Assisted Informatica developers in developing mappings with better performance by tuning SQL overrides used in Source Qualifier and Lookup Transformations.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings to load data from Source systems.
- Identified bugs in existing mappings/workflows by analyzing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
- Used Informatica Debugging techniques to debug the mappings and used session log files and bad files to trace errors occurred while loading.
- Implemented various triggers in PL/SQL to maintain referential integrity.
- Import Data from flat files to database through staging tables using SQL LOADER.
- Developed PL/SQL packages and procedures for the back end processing of the proposed data base design.
- Performed Historical data fixes for the Wrong data.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts with embedded SQL*Loader calls and PL/SQL statements to extract data from the legacy application in the form of flat files and load the extracted data into the new application.
- Enforced database integrity using primary keys and foreign keys.
- Created DDL scripts for implementing data modeling changes.
- Experienced in Dynamic SQL, PL/SQLCollectionsand Exception handling.
- Developed PL/SQL functions to facilitate business functions and calculations and did required modifications to the existing once.
- Performed performance tuning of the SQL queries by eliminating redundant joins, creating functional indexes, removing redundant code.
- Modified Existing ETL scripts to fix defects at the root cause as enhancement part of project.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Toad 10.5.1.3, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer 1.5.5, UNIX, Informatica Power center 9, Quality Center 10.0.
Confidential, IN Sep 2011 - Jan 2012 Oracle Developer
- Backend Programming using Oracle 10g, screen designing using Forms 6i and developing reports using Reports 6i.
- Extensively involved in writing SQL queries (Sub queries and Join conditions), PL/SQL programming, and Oracle Partitioning to extract data from large database.
- Developed Functions & Procedures to manipulate the data and to load data into the tables.
- Created Database Triggers in PL/SQL to accommodate for data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Experience in writing DDL Scripts.
- Worked on modifications to the existing Procedures, Functions, and Packages as per the Requirement using TOAD environment.
- Change Requirements Servicing, Bug Fixes, Testing and Integration and releases of the enhanced programs.
- Involved in Unit testing and System Integration testing for PL/ SQLStored Procedures andFunctions.
- Responsibilities include Data loading job; i.e. loading GL_INTERFACE table from a flat file.
- Loading data from flat files into database tables using SQL* Loader.
- Analyzed queries using SQL Trace facility and Explain Plan utility to obtain the execution process.
- Optimized the queries by modifying the data access methods, Index strategies, Join types and operations and providing hints.
- For version control and sharing file utilized MS Visual Source-safe.
- Gathering Requirement from the Business users.
- Get the latest version of data base objects, Reports and Forms from VSS (Visual Source Safe) and did the required modifications on the top of it.
- Worked on Forms6i and Reports 6i and Cygwin environments.
- Work experience in creating Database links between two different databases.
- Involved in Month-end and SBS Year-end reoccurring tasks.
- Hands on experience in modifying existing Reports by adding new fields or modifications to the existing field's functionality.
- Involved in testing and data approval tasks and successfully moved project into production.
- Created batch jobs in regular maintenance, production support to load the data using unix shell scripting and Korn shell scripting.
- Worked on enhancing the existing shell scripts for automating the process of refresh of data periodically.
- Updating tables without breaking the existing functionality.
- Updating the current year Forms as per user requirement.
- Worked on ETL tools like Power Center8.0 which are used for data integration and also mapping the data.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms 6i, Oracle Reports 6i, TOAD,SQL Loader, UTL_FILE utility, XML, Performance Tuning, ETL Tools, Windows 2000, DEV_VM01,Cygwin, FTP,UNIX.
Confidential, IL Aug 2010 - Aug 2011 Oracle Developer Aspect provides a range of services for improving enterprise communications andenhancing customer engagement that take full advantage of unified communications (UC)and collaboration capabilities such as rich presence, instant messaging, software-based voice communications, multimedia conferencing, desktop sharing, Web portals, knowledge bases and social communications. My role in this project is creation of Oracle PL/SQL scripts, Reports, Forms and PL/SQL tables. Responsibilities:
- Gathering system requirements through client interactions.
- Involved in development, maintenance of Triggers, Joins, Cursors and Views.
- Developed procedures, functions and packages to implements the system's business logic using PL/SQL.
- Extensive use of SQL commands with TOAD environment to create target tables.
- Involved in maintaining and writing several PL/SQL Stored procedures and SQL queries for populating the daily and historical tables.
- Optimized the performance using PL/SQL table types and record types.
- Analyzed queries using SQL Trace facility and Explain Plan utility to obtain the execution process. Optimized the queries by modifying the data access methods, Index strategies, Join types and operations and providing hints.
- Analyzed the performance of the SQL queries and created the scripts for indexes.
- Extensively worked in Performance tuning of PL/SQL programs.
- Wrote SQL queries to developed test data for use during test execution.
- Perform Inbound Interface by creating Temporary tables, then Validate data and then Load into Interface Tables by using SQL Loader.
- Use UTL_FILE to insert the data into files and stored in appropriate server path.
- Used ETL tools to extract and load data from SQL Server and flat files to Oracle database.
- Coding of documents in XML for data transformation.
- Developed test procedures to Unit test the application.
- Worked on Oracle OLAP tool to produce analytic measures, including time-series calculations, financial models, and forecasts.
- Implemented table and index partitioning of various tables with huge data.
- Provided Post Implementation Technical Support to the users.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL plus, Oracle AQ, TOAD,SQL Loader, UTL_FILE utility, XML, Performance Tuning, ETL Tools, UNIX, Windows 2000
Confidential, UT Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 Oracle Database Specialist ClearOne is the leading global provider of audio conferencing solutions. The reliability, flexibility and performance of our comprehensive solutions save organizations time and money by creating natural environments for effective and efficient personal and group communication. Our products enhance collaboration, presentation, distance communications and multimedia applications. Oracle Developer
- Performed requirements gathering from end users and team leaders on reporting and system changes also involved in the project plan using Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Involved in the designing and Building of Universes, Classes and objects for information infrastructure system.
- Support between developers and end users, functional managers regarding database software, SQL programming, tuning and development with oracle tools like Oracle Warehouse Builder.
- Extensively used PL/SQL programming in backend and front end Functions, Procedures, and Packages to implement business logics/rules by using TOAD
- Create and edit database objects such as tables, views, indexes, and constraints using TOAD
- Implemented caching technology in Oracle9i can dramatically increase Web site performance.
- Monitoring the query performance using explain plans.
- Used Workspace manager of the database to hold different versions of the same record (that is, row) in one or more workspaces.
- Experience in developing Inbound Interface like SQL*Loader control programs and PL/SQL validation scripts for validating data to load data from staging tables to production tables.
- Created scripts for collection of statistics, reorganization of tables and indexes, and created indexes to enhance performance for data access.
- Database Migrations to 10g/11g from any older version
- Worked on Discoverer 2000.
- Design of the database schema using dimensional modeling.
- Implemented caching technology in Oracle9i can dramatically increase Web site performance.
- Involved in Unit testing and Integration testing of forms and reports.
- Setting up and managing Oracle database replication among development and production databases.
- Debugging the existing code.
- Development and review of Low Level Design documents for individual components.
- Wrote java stored procedures using Oracle Jbuilder.
- Wrote complex shell scripts to automate data loading from flat files into Oracle database.
- Extracted the data from legacy systems into production database using SQL*Loader and Pro*C.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Oracle AQ, TOAD, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Power Builder 6.0, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Java, XML, Oracle Jbuilder, Windows NT, SQL* Loader, XML.
Confidential, Middletown, Connecticut Feb 2009 - Dec 2009
Oracle Developer Serve employers, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, and government employees, and the community at large. They are dedicated to helping people achieve health and financial security.
- Actively involved in gathering, design and developing system requirements for the support services.
- Built Perl programming/libraries to acquire and process multiple varied data formats
- Developed shell scripts to execute the program.
- Used Autosys extensively for scheduling.
- Developed Stored Procedures using Oracle PL/SQL programming to apply business logic to the uploaded data and move them from staging tables to the master tables.
- By using TOAD find and fix database problems with constraints, triggers, extents,indexes, and grants.
- Participate in review of the code.
- Loaded data from flat files to database using SQL Loader Scripts by creating control files.
- Handled system utilization issues like Performance Statistics, maintenance, capacity planning, reorganization and recovery of databases.
- Conducted training and information sessions for end users.
- Query optimization through the use of diagnostic tools like Explain Plan.
- Coordinated with other developers in tuning long running SQL queries to enhance system performance.
- Code walk through to optimize the validated code.
- Created batch job in regular maintenance, production support to load the data using shell scripts, PL/SQL.
- Work with production development in CTS (central tracking system) to monitor queries for better tuning using Sql Navigator.
- Worked with harvest to checkout to update the existing packages and check in after changing the coding according the business requirement.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SQL PLUS, PERL, Sun Solaris 5.6, SQL*Loader, HP UX 10.2, Sql Navigator, Autosys, TOAD
Confidential, Spring field, IL May 2008 - Feb 2009 PL/SQL Developer The bank policy is always strived to do what is right - rather than only what policy or procedures may dictate. We apply this philosophy to our relationships with our customers, with each other, and with the communities we serve. We are committed to making our communities better places to live, because we live here, too.
- Gathering system requirements through client interactions for manufacturing, accounts receivables and other modules.
- Analyze the client requirements and decide upon the various design changes to be made in the system using D2K.
- Testing stored procedures, programs before deploying into the production database.
- Developing reports using PL/SQL from the various databases.
- Customized AR module as per the customer's requirement using Forms 6i.
- Designed and developed interactive forms to support data entry, querying and updating the Oracle database.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, Oracle tables, stored procedures, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- By using TOAD edit and Debug PL/SQLand profile "stored procedures"including functions, packages, and triggers.
- Configuration Management using Source Code Control System (SCCS).
- Work directly with non-IT business analysts throughout the development cycle, and provide post-implementation support, once developed including investigation of data and report issues identified by customers.
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL PLUS, Sun Solaris 5.6, SQL*Loader, HP UX 10.2, SQL Server 7, TOAD, SCCS, Forms 6i, D2K.
Confidential, India Feb 2007 - April 2008 Oracle Developer As an Oracle Programmer for the project Material Management System, I was responsible for the database design, development and implementation. I was also responsible for the ORACLE database setup for test and production domain. The system incorporates a comprehensive Material Resource Planning and procurement for production planning and management. It covers planning for raw material procurement shop floor assembly control and bill of material with multilevel explosion.
- Performed database design and development.
- Involved in analysis, design and development of the system.
- Developed customized Forms like customer and supplier maintenance, bill, receipt, invoice, debit and credit notes.
- Developed Reports and PL/SQL Packages to monitor revenue earnings and expenses.
- Developed stored procedures and functions using PL/SQL for complex updates and audit trails.
- Wrote database triggers for audit and data validation.
- Wrote stored procedures & functions using PL/SQL.
- Designed the Entity-Relationship model and normalized database.
- Conducted re-sizing of data files, managed table spaces and data files.
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Unix (Sun Solaris), Windows NT 4, Visual Basic 6.0, MS-Active Server Pages 2.0, Unix Shell scripting, MS-Visual Source Safe 6.0, Forms 6i, Reports 6i.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India Feb 2006 - Jan 2007 Jr.PL/SQL Programmer The Application helps in setting systems and formats specific to the organization for the purpose of monitoring account balances and producing financial statements. It supports multiple branch accounting, flexible financial years, set of books, group companies' consolidation, Automatic or User-defined voucher numbers, Audit Lock, Multi currency transactions.
- PL/SQL was extensively utilized for coding and writing complex database triggers, stored procedures and packages.
- Various features of PL/SQL such as Dynamic SQL and parameter passing of PL/SQL tables were evaluated
- Developed SQL Applications for extracting the data from the Oracle tables.
- Extensive testing was done on the programs for achieving accuracy, timely processing of data.
- Involved in the development of backend procedures by using PL/SQL for ledger posting and for reversing the journal ledgers.
- Used Oracle Forms 6i was used to design and develop the interface for the system.
- Oracle Reports 6i was used to create reports.
- Created Reports like Ledger, Profit and Loss statement, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance.
- Used Forms 6i to create Group, Ledgers, Vouchers and Bank Reconciliation statements
- Created front-end procedures and functions with Forms 6i to calculate reorder level and reorder quantity.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL and Developer 2000(Forms6i, Reports 6i).
Confidential, India Jun 2005 - Nov 2005 Programmer Analyst This system involved handling of huge Bus networks run by the State Transport Corporation. The system was intended to be a Management Information System (MIS) for Managers to view information about vehicles i.e. mileage, maintenance and repairs, etc. Critical Decisions about vehicles and maintenance were made using this system.
- Design of system
- Wrote UNIX Shell scripts using Korn shell to performing routine activities such as Database Backup.
- Created Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Packages, and Views
- Developed Forms and Reports using Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5
- Testing and Debugging
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, NT, Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, UNIX