- Over 6 years of IT experience, which includes analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of applications, reports and databases (MS SQL Servers 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005) in production environments with various business domains like financial, pharmaceutical, healthcare and retail.
- Extensive experience in Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from Design, Development and Implementation.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2012/2008/2005. Experience in migrating from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 and from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Expert Knowledge of Transact SQL (T - SQL), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing Microsoft SQL Server integration services (SSIS); Microsoft SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and MDX for data warehouse and data mart solutions.
- Experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Experience in creating packages to extract data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle, DB2, Sybase to MS SQL Server by using MS SQL Server DTS and SSIS.
- Expertise in SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL and T-SQL (DDL, DML and DCL) in constructing Tables, Joins, indexed views, cursors, indexes, complex stored procedures, effective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage according to the business rules.
- Experience in Data Scrubbing/Data cleansing and maintaining data consistency.
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience in data Migration (using tools like DTS, BCP) between different heterogeneous systems and SQL Server as part of data migration and data maintenance.
- Experience in Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience in Managing Security of SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 Databases by creating Database Users, Roles and assigning proper permissions according to the business requirements.
- Experience in creating simple and parameterized SQL Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in SSRS with Report authoring, Report management, Report Delivery and Report Security.
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, Create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience In creating Crystal Reports.
- Good knowledge in SQL Server Analysis services, OLAP, OLTP Design & Implementation.
- Experience in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and querying the data with MDX script.
- Experience in creating Jobs to transfer the data from various source to Destinations by using Talend.
- Familiar with OLAP cubes and fact table, star and snowflake schemas.
- Experienced in Full Life Cycle and Methodology for implementing Data warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI), and Reporting Systems.
- Experience in designing Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models and Data Mart.
- Extensive Knowledge in MS SQL Server configuration manager, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery.
- Extremely diligent, strong team player with an ability to take new roles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Relational Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/ R2/2012/2014, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g and MS Access.
Tools: and Packages: SQL Server Management studio, Enterprise Manager, Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Crystal Reports, Visual Studio .Net.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, V.B6.0, C, C#, ASP.Net, VB.Net.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL, IIS(4.0/5.0/6.0)
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN, ETL, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite.
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Tools (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS),Talend, DataStage and Crystal Reports
Operating Systems: Windows 2008, Advanced Server, Windows 2000/2003 Server, data center, Windows NT, Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sr. MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Requirements gathering, Functional & technical specifications for end user and end client applications, Re-Engineering and capacity planning.
- Involved in database Schema design and development.
- Migrated Database from SQL Server .
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Worked on SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Involved in SSAS Cubes design by creating KPI, Actions and Perspective from huge dataset using SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Generated and consolidated monthly reports and budget analysis to drive forecast production plan with SQL report service (SSRS).
- Used various data flow transformations like conditional split, look up, derived column etc.
- Used T-SQL for creating stored procedures, indexes, cursors and functions.
- Generated server side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Creating tables, indexes and designing constraints and wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of T-SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.DTSX files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development to production server.
- Wrote the ETL scripts to load the data into database from various source files.
- Worked on error handling and troubleshooting the scripts in failure to load the data into database.
- Worked on SSIS Deploying and Scheduling.
- Identified and Defined Key Performance Indicators in SSAS 2012.
- Defined report layouts for formatting the report design as per the need.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, and Drill down reports, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Crystal Reports.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions
- Created reports and Dashboards using Microsoft Performance Point service.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and sends the reports via email.
- Worked on SSRS for report generation to create various types of reports and also to develop different SSIS packages.
- Administrated the created Reports by assigning permission to the valid user for executing the reports.
- Used Star Team for source control.
- Created Talend Jobs to transfer the data from various source to Destinations by using Talend.
- Used Event handlers to run send mail tasks in the background upon success or failure of a package in SSIS.
- Collaborated with fellow team members through Team Foundation Server for effective project management, which includes work issues and track on the update of versions.
- Involved in troubleshooting, enhancing and creating new ones of claims retro report templates.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, SSRS, OLTP, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio, Excel, TFS, Windows.
Sr. MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008, 2012.
- Involved in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010.
- Created Matrix Reports, charts, Parameterized Reports, Sub reports using Sql Server Reporting Services 2008, 2012.
- Created report models and applying row level security filters for report model.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters Debugging Parameter Issues Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters and deployed on SharePoint 2010.
- Created reports using stored procedure and created scheduling, snapshots and subscriptions for the reports in SSRS 2012.
- Performance for 30 reports has been increased till day.
- Created use full indexes and removed key lookups and table scans to increase the performance of reports.
- Using SSIS, building high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing and responsible for Deploying and also Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Involved in designing ETL as a part of Data warehousing and loaded data in to Fact tables using SSIS.
- Experience using power exchange.
- Involved in Creation of Dimensions using STAR and SNOWFLAKE Schema
- Used both visual studio 2012 and 2008 for creating and deploying the reports.
- Given training the non-reporting team on Reporting Services.
- Communication with the reporting team in Buenos Aires (Argentina) team, which has strength of 10, is excellent.
- Completed new stories and fixed Defects with in time for every release.
- Learned quickly the TE application.
- Had good knowledge about TFS.
- Experience in SQL joins, sub queries, tracing and performance tuning for better running of queries
- Designed and created views for security purposes, implemented rules, defaults, and user defined data types.
- Tested queries to optimize the procedures and triggers to be used in production
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, Enterprise Edition, Visual Studio, SSRS, T-SQL, Windows Server 2008,Sharepoint 2010, SQL Reporting services Add-in, Windows 2008 R2.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Sr. SQL Server Developer
- Involved in developing logical and physical data models using ERWIN tool.
- Written complex SQL statements using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL, wrote Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Queries with best execution plan.
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
- Created packages using SSIS for data extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Involved in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Implemented SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for building the data cubes.
- Developed relations between fact and dimensions of the tables.
- Involved in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and querying the data with MDX script.
- Involved in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Crystal Reports.
- Created Drill-through, Drill-down, Cross Tab Reports and Sub-Reports using SSRS.
- Created queries for generating drill down reports in SSRS.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables, expressions and Functions.
- Optimized SQL statements for customer summary reports.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows XP, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual Studio, MS Excel, Flat File, Oracle 10g,Erwin, SQL Profiler, C#.NET, VB.Net.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Functions for the Application. Extensive testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures.
- Developed complex T-SQL code for the application conversions.
- Imported various Sources, Targets, and Transformations using DTS packages.
- Wrote DTS ActiveX scripts that extract data from database tables and write the data to text files.
- Perform data transfer and database transfer for server relocation using DTS.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and Stored Procedures.
- Worked with ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C#.NET and SQL Server for developing applications.
- Created backup/restore and disaster recovery plans for production servers.
- Developed and implemented change control procedures to manage system Modifications/upgrades.
- Optimized performance using Data Validation and Data Cleaning.
- Extensive testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Windows2003, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Enterprise Manager, T-SQL, DTS, Query Analyzer, ASP.Net, C#.Net.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000/2005.
- Designed and developed the databases.
- Actively participated in logical design of database design to meet new product requirement using ERWIN.
- Wrote and modified stored procedures to implement the complex business needs for generating new customer number, account no, increasing, decreasing and setting credit limit as per business policies, updating user profiles, transaction processing, generating messages with code encryption.
- Configured the DTS packages to run in periodic intervals.
- Writing stored procedures and triggers extensively and working very closely with developers, business analyst and end users to generate various audit reports and troubleshoot their query problems and connectivity problems.
- Facilitated simplified access of database for end users using demoralized views and created triggers on them to maintain to database integrity
- Created tables, views, triggers, stored procedures and indexes.
- Created integrity rules and defaults.
- Created Cursors to facilitate the users (credit officers) to scroll through the Queues to perform manual operations on the payment.
- Created ftp connections, database connections for the sources and targets.
- Maintained security and data integrity of the database.
- Used SQL Profiler to trace the slow running queries and optimized query execution with the use of Index Tuning Wizard and Rebuild indexes if necessary.
Environment: SQL server 2005, Windows, Oracle, DB2, Flat Files.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes