Sr. Ms Sql (ssis/ssrs) Developer Resume
- Over 8 years of experience in IT, as MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 Database Developer in Windows environment in financial, insurance and retail companies.
- Expertise in writing T - SQL Queries using Joins, Sub queries and Cursors in MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
- Proficient in creating Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, appropriate functions, and effective Performance tuning.
- Extensive experience with Database Modeling, logical and physical database design using Erwin
- Strong experience in MS SQL Server 2005 with Business Intelligence in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in design and development of reports using SQL Server
- Extensive experience in different type of reports including: Tabular forms, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports.
- Designed DTS/SSIS Packages to extract, load data into database, archive data file from different legacy systems using SQL Enterprise Manager/SSMS on SQL Server 2000/2005 environment, and deploy teh data, Scheduled teh jobs to do these tasks periodically
- Expert in extracting and transforming data using DTS Import Export Data, DTS Packages, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Experienced with designing Dimensional Model for Data Warehouse, SSAS cubes, Fact and Dimension Tables, Data Mining and deploying and processing SSAS Objects
- Sound noledge of Dimensional Modeling using Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema for faster, effective querying and Business Analysis Requirements.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java, HTML, Asp.net, COBOL
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , MS Access, Oracle 9i and 10g
Database Tools: SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, DTS, BCP, Business Intelligence Studio, Erwin Data Modeler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server profiler, Enterprise Manager
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/XP/NT/Vista, Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Mac
Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLTP, OLAP
Version control Tools: Rational Clear Case, Visual Source Safe
Other Tools: Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Visual Studio 2003/2005
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. MS SQL (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers
- Wrote efficient stored procedures for teh optimal performance of teh system
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating teh integrity of teh data
- Created indexed views, and appropriate indexes to reduce teh running time for complex queries
- Used VB to create XML web services dat interface with SQL server
- To keep track of data manipulations using Audit functionalities
- Generated custom and parameterized reports using SSRS
- Created reports dat call sub reports in SSRS
- Configuration and Deployment of all teh Reports(RDL,RDS) across various SDLC environments
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs
- Responsible for creating datasets using T-SQL and stored procedures
- Created several packages in SSIS
- Scheduled teh packages to keep extracting teh data from OLTP at specific time intervals
- Used various transformation tasks to create ETL packages for data conversion
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities
- Assisted in teh design of star schema and snow flake schema
- Responsible for rebuilding teh indexes and tables as part of performance tuning
- Used SQL Server Agent for scheduling jobs and alerts
- Active part in creating cubes from which data can be retrieved rapidly
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning
- Optimized queries using SQL Profiler and Database engine tuning advisor
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SSIS 2005, SSRS 2005,.NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Erwin, T-SQL, VisualStudio.NET IDE, Windows 2000/2003 Server, XML, MS Excel, MS Access, Visual Studio 2005
Confidential, Grapevine, TX
MS SQL Server (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration, Security, Maintenance, Restoration of SSRS on Windows Server 2003.
- Uploaded reports on to teh report manager and organized them in folders. And Delivered teh reports using ‘pulled’ and ‘pushed’ methodologies.
- Designed, developed and deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2005.
- Gauged teh effectiveness and efficiency of existing reporting systems. Develop and implement High Level Design of SSIS Package for integrating data from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data).
- Monitored jobs and validating teh source data and destination data.
- Created complex Stored Procedures for writing teh SSIS package logs into a physical database table.
- Created weekly comparison report which validates teh process of ETL.
- Used Linked server for writing complex T SQL code on SQL Server to query on IBM DB2 tables.
- Worked on all teh 3 phases of Software lifecycle, Development, Testing and Production
- Involved in developing Technical Design specification documents for different interfaces.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005 and exported them to Excel format for managers and QA team for easy validation.
- Created partition function, schema and file groups for fact tables.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from teh source server to teh Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata.
- Wrote T-SQL code for creating cursor and handling teh data validations.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005 (Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler),Erwin, MS SQL Integration Services, MS SQL Reporting Services 2005, Share Point Server MOSS2007, VB. Net, Oracle 9i, MS Excel, Window 2003.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
MS SQL Server BI Developer
- Extensively wrote MDX queries for calculating measures.
- Design/ developing SSIS (ETL)/SSAS (OLAP) MDX developing components.
- Manage customer expectations by clearly documenting and maintaining project deliverables, plans, and status throughout life of teh project.
- Applied conversion and transformation procedures according to business requirements. Designed and built cube (SSAS) and MDX developing with 10 dimensions in addition built partitions spanning 8 years by month
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases.
- Generated reports in various formats showing teh portfolio performance against benchmarks.
- Used SSRS for drill down reporting starting from client to holdings to lot info.
- Used SSRS for multi sectional reporting using sub reports and parameterized report.
- Used Report Builder for Ad-hoc reporting.
- Reviewed and fine tuned database objects and queries before production migration to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Assisted teh front-end application developers with their queries.
- Updated project status reports/created issue items for reviews/updated technical and transformation files on timely basis.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2000, MS Access 2000, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, Visual Studio 2005, Windows Server 2003.
MS SQL Server /ETL/BI Developer
- Written stored procedures for Application Developers and some user defined functions.
- Gathered requirements from business analysts and documented them based on functional specifications.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing teh ETL operations.
- Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Identified and defined datasets, added parameters for teh report generation and wrote teh queries for teh drill down reports.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using Reporting Services.
- Uploaded reports on to teh report manager and organized them in folders.
- Delivered teh reports using ‘pulled’ and ‘pushed’ methodologies and formatted them using Global variables and expressions.
- Used SQL profiler to view indexes performance to mostly eliminate table scan.
- Tested procedures and triggers before moving into production.
- Developed stored procedures, functions, views and triggers to improve teh performance.
- Formulated joins strategy, query optimization and weighing teh tables.
- Developed physical data models and created DDL scripts to create database schema and database objects.
- Used SQL profiler to view teh performance of indexes and tuned SQL queries for data load.
- Modified existing reports in Crystal Reports to Tabular SQL reports when teh report performance was found to be below par.
- Supported teh front-end application developers for queries for development hierarchies, file upload and validations using ASP.NET
Environment: Windows 2003, MS SQL Server 2005, ETL,SSIS, OLAP, OLTP, SSAS, SSRS, T- SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2005 and VB.Net
Confidential, NY, NY
MS SQL Server/BI developer
- Logically and physically designed database for projects on basis of user requirements using ERWIN.
- Written Stored Procedures for Application Developers and some user defined functions.
- Created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity.
- Defined Check constraints, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Regularly monitored teh system for bottlenecks and suggest/implement solutions.
- Perform tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Created Jobs to extract data from different sources using SSIS packages.
- Stored Procedures called teh SSIS package dat would aggregate teh data and load them in globally temporary table, having teh same architecture as teh table for which teh import is done.
- Writing reports using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled Jobs.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Used SSIS packages to roll our data to Live Tables and to Claim Processing Database.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services to generate different types of Ad-hoc Reports.
- Configured SQL Mail agent for sending Automatic emails when a SSIS Process is Failed or Succeed.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, SQL Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manage, DTS, SQL Developer, Visual Basic 6.0, Crystal Reports 8.5.
Confidential, Gainesville, FL
MS SQL Server Developer
- Developed backup and restored scripts for SQL Server to make teh database available at time of lose of database.
- Wrote various stored procedures for teh purpose of application development.
- Tuned SQL statements and Stored Procedures.
- Performed Disaster recovery and database maintenance plan.
- Performed Replication of Data to distribute teh load on single server.
- Designed and implemented data access stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Involved in job scheduling and alerts to teh connected users.
- Designed and implemented user log in and security to ensure teh security of database.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with teh Databases/Servers on a real-time basis.
- Created many complex Stored Procedures / Functions and used them in Crystal Reports directly to generate reports on teh fly.
Environment: MS SQL Server v7, SQL Server v2000, T-SQL, Win NT v4, Win 2000, Win 2003.
Junior SQL Server/Application Developer
- installation of SQL Server on Windows 2000 Advance Server
- Involved in entire life cycle including database design, development, testing, optimizing and deploying on development and production servers
- Responsible for creating teh tables, views, stored procedures, triggers
- Participated in creating indexes to improve teh performance of database
- Created Constraints, Defaults and Views
- Active part in performance tuning and query optimization
- Generated reports using Crystal reports
- Used Data transformation Services(DTS) to export and import data
- Assisted in taking database backup and restore
- Used SQL server profiler to trouble shoot teh problems
- Involved in creating users and assigning permissions to access teh database
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, DTS, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Query Analyzer
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes