Data Engineer (sql/ssis/ssrs/adf/power Bi) Resume
- Have worked in the sphere of IT services for more than 8 years with high expertise in Microsoft Stack such as T - SQL and Microsoft tools such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI and Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory and DAX functions.
- Have extensive professional experience in the technology, foods, pharmacy, and healthcare industries.
- Ambitious, passionate, and responsible Database Developer and Data Engineer with open mind and ability to learn quickly.
Databases: SQL Server 19/17/16/14/12/08 R2, Oracle 11g/8.0i, MS Access 2000/8.0
Languages: T-SQL, MDX, DAX, PL/SQL, VB.NET, XML, C#, ASP.NET, .NET Framework, Python
Cloud Computing: Azure Data Factory, ADLS, ADLA, Blob Storage, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Azure Cosmos DB
Others: MS Office, Crystal Reports XI, Visual web developer, SQL Server Notification ServicesWindows Scripting Host, MS FrontPage, MS Visual, SAS/Access, Crystal ReportsSAP Business Objects, Micro Strategy, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft GIT, MS VSSHP Quality Center & Jira
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Data Engineer (SQL/SSIS/SSRS/ADF/Power BI)
- Configured Azure platform for data pipelines, ADF, Azure blob storage and data lakes, and built workflows to automate data flow using ADF.
- Used Power BI to implement a semantic model to simplify the analysis of business data and relationships by loading relevant data from Azure Synapse data warehouse.
- Supported the Project Manager in leading multi-functional project teams in implementing data conversion strategies and communicating essential information to team members.
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting.
- Designed and documented the entire Architecture of Power BI.
- Used my expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Written complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries. Expertise in SQL Queries for cross verification of data
- Used Transformer, Lookup, Merge, Join, Aggregator, Sort, Filter and Remove duplicates stages to Cleanse/Transform the data
- Worked with subject matter experts to prepare source to target mapping document for the migration project
- Developed data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction of source data
- Used SSIS and Extract-Transform-Loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources.
- Created packages for different data loading operations for application. Streamlined existing ETLs and developed some new ETL processes
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages, configuration files, and automated schedules of tasks to run the packages to generate data in CSV files
- Created log file using providers like XML, text file, SQL server
- Utilized Microsoft Cloud System (Azure) in pushing and pulling data from Azure Blob
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities
- Developed/Deployed SSIS packages through package installation wizard, Bids Deployment, Management Studio Import to further automate data processes
- Built data processes for input of information using Data Automation tool in SSIS
- Have Data warehousing experience in Business Intelligence Technologies and Database with Extensive Knowledge in Data analysis, TSQL queries, ETL & ELT Process, Reporting Services (using SSRS, Power BI) and Analysis Services using SQL Server /2 SSIS, SSRS and SSAS, SQL Server Agent.
- Designed Enterprise level data warehouse solutions and lead multiple implementations.
- Used SQL Azure extensively for database needs in various applications.
- Have good experience designing cloud-based solutions in Azure by creating Azure SQL database, setting up Elastic pool jobs and design tabular models in Azure analysis services.
- Have extensive experience in creating pipeline jobs, schedule triggers using Azure data factory.
- Experience developing business intelligence solutions using MS SQL server.
- Worked in OLTP & OLAP environment that includes Production, QA and development databases in SQL Server.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge, Union
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Extensive experience in T-SQL to write stored procedures, triggers, functions, tables, views, indexes and relational database models.
- Proven ability in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization.
- Involved in the full life cycle of software design process of other projects, including prototyping, proof of concepts, design, interface implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Involved in creating dynamic well-organized, accurate and insightful Power BI reports/dashboards to support strategic decisions.
- Azure Data Factory (ADF), Integration Run Time (IR), File System Data Ingestion, Relational Data Ingestion
- Migration of on-premises data (SQL Server) to Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS) using Azure Data Factory (ADF V2).
- Automated Power Query refresh using power shell script and windows task scheduler.
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, Flat file, Excel, SQL Azure etc.
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power bi service.
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures queries in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into Power Pivot model.
- Creating Azure data lake analytics pipeline to aggregate data in Azure Cosmos DB before loading into SQL database
- Using Xflow application to load aggregated data into Azure Cosmos DB
- Working in Snowflake to create dimension modeling and creating stored procedure, views for Power bi reports
- Creating Azure Data factory pipelines to load snowflake silver layer tables.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
BI Developer (SQL/SSIS/SSRS/ Power BI Developer)
- Have good experience working with different data flow sources (flat file, excel, OLÉ DB source) and destinations (OLE DB, Oracle destination, SQL server destination, Flat file destination etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of using data profiling tasks for cleansing data, slowly changing dimension and optimizing long running SSIS packages.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008.
- Designed and implemented data mart, facts, dimensions and OLAP cubes using dimensional modeling standards in SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 that maintained data.
- Supported Batch and Online processes involving development, enhancement, and support of T- SQL procedures, views, triggers, and query tuning
- Responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, locks, and indexes configurations, administering SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic.
- Designing ETL architecture and developed capacity-planning and trending-data warehousing solution to load data from multiple sources into Data warehouse.
- Design SSIS Packages, design SSAS OLAP Cubes, SSRS Reports database schema, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, functions
- Proposed solutions to improve system efficiencies and reduce processing times.
- Experienced in building conceptual, logical, and physical data models using Erwin and Microsoft visio data model tools.
- Have good experience in applying Lookups, Merge, Cache, Data conversion, Union etc. transformations for standardizing the data using SSIS.
- Involved in the complete data warehouse development life cycle. Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Generated drilldown, drill through and parameterized reports using SSRS 2008.
- Extensively worked on SSRS and delivered complex reports from different data sources such as SQL Database and Cubes.
- Work with business owners and analysts in planning and estimating throughout the complete life cycle, review the business requirements and as well as identify and evaluate alternatives and present the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Has done performance tuning by creating indexes, temporary tables, Partition functions, table variables.
- Participated in QA, UAT and production testing phases by developing integration test scripts and test plans and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- SSAS storage and partitions, aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, data mining models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Created jobs and scheduled jobs using SQL Server Agent.
- Enhanced performance of databases using optimization techniques-normalization, indexing and Transaction Isolation levels, monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes, scripts, and processes.
- Supported Application Development team with any database issues, updates or new releases and deadlock issues, best practices in structuring T- SQL Queries, debugging.
- • Created a lot of complex and custom Power BI reports, using Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
- Used Power Query Editor, which uses M language for building queries and merging (join), appending (union) or grouping the query dataset.
- Did data transformation and data cleaning operations at the source query to reduce the load and to improve the performance of the Power BI report. used Power Query to add custom columns such as conditional columns, index columns before loading the data into Power BI desktop.
- At Model view, configured relationship properties such as cardinality, cross filter direction and active properties.
- Implemented Row Level Security (RLS), used to limit the data access by user roles by creating security roles in Power BI Desktop and using Office365 Admin portal or Azure Active Directory Portal to add users to certain user groups and then assign those security roles to user groups with the help of mapping tables.
- Configured personal and enterprise gateways to create bridge between on-premises data sources and Azure Cloud Services and created schedules for dataset refreshes at Power BI service for my Import model Power BI reports.
Confidential, Skokie, IL
BI Developer (SQL, SSIS/SSRS developer)
- Interacted with business users for understanding and gathering business requirements and involved in project planning, creating the database module with project managers using data modeling structures.
- Created various Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views, joins and statements for applications. Developed complex T-SQL code for the application.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, eliminated redundant data using normalization, and created indexes to get better performance.
- Identified slow running query and optimization of stored procedures and tested applications for performance, data integrity using SQL Profiler.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as Tuning, Backup, Restoration and Disaster Recovery.
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the Data-Mart using Star schema.
- Wrote Stored Procedures and Functions for better performance and flexibility.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Implemented various tasks and transformations for data cleansing and performance tuning of packages by using SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS packages into various Environments (Dev, UAT and Prod) using Deployment Utility.
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data periodically using SQL server Agent.
- Involved in Dimensional Data Modeling and Cube Partitioning in SSAS and enhanced the functionality in database and data ware housing concepts (OLAP, OLTP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions using SSAS.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2008 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Migrated (import & export/BCP) data from Text to SQL Server.
- Assisted in complete back-up of database and restored the database from Disaster Recovery.
- Coordinating post-implementation events such as testing.
- Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, DTS, T-SQL, VSS, XHTML, XML, Windows Server.
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from heterogeneous database.
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS
- Defined appropriate measure groups and KPIs and deployed cubes.
- Created Parameterized, Crosstab, Drill Down and Summary reports by Using SSRS and created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes