Ms Sql Server Developer/bi Developer Resume
Virginia Beach, VA
- 7 years of IT experience in analysis, design & implementation of Business intelligence solutions with Microsoft SQL server 2012/2008/2005/2000 in development, Testing & production environment.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Updates of SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with T - SQL(DDL & DML) in Implementing & Developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Nested Queries, Joins, Cursors, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Creating & Updating tables and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems. Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers, Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Expertise in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Scheduling Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, Loading data from Oracle, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using SSIS.
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items and SSIS Data Flow items.
- Strong Experience in Designing, Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Expert in implementing star and snow flake schema methodologies for design cubes and applying dimensional modeling using SSAS.
- Proficient in dimensional data modeling, and cube development, partition, aggregation and optimization using SSAS.
- Worked Extensively for Designing, Maintaining and deploying cubes in the data warehouse using SSAS.
- Involved in migration of SISS packages 2012 CU5 and troubleshoot migration Issue.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular, Matrix, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports, Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Drilldown, Drill-Through, Multi-valued parameters etc.
- Experience in Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with particular emphasis on clear, detailed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications, as well as reports for management.
- A strong team player with ability to learn new skills and adapt quickly, highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication.
Tools: & Packages: SQL Server Management studio, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligent studio (BIDS), SQL Server Data tools 2012, Microsoft TFS, Report Builder 9.0, Crystal Reports, SharePoint.
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, Oracle.
Language: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, HTML, CSS, XML, C, C++, C#.NET, ASP.NET,VB.NET
Operating Systems: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows vista/XP.
Application Packages: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, MS Excel,Windows SharePoint Services
Data Modeling Tools: MS Visio/ER-win
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
MS SQL Server Developer/BI Developer
- Defined, planned, scheduled, monitored, and coordinated the activities of the team, and reviewed their deliverables.
- Worked directly with functional analysts and business users in understanding the information needs of the business and developing new data warehouse/BI functionalities or tools to meet these requirements.
- Prepared performance Dashboard, Jobs Failure stats, Data Volume check using SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL and Excel.
- Developed and deploys SSIS packages, configuration files, and schedules job to run the packages to generate data in CSV files.
- Worked with SSAS cube based reports, SSIS packages and job to process OLAP cube and uses his analysis services capabilities to maintain and support SSAS cube.
- Developed Scorecard report, Drill down Report, Drill through Report, Sub Report, Linked Reports and Parameterized Reports using SSRS, SSAS and Report Builder.
- Created and managed Reports subscriptions and scheduled SSRS reports.
- Managed Reports uploaded and deployed SSRS Reports rds., Data sets, Data Sources, Report Model into Report Manager.
- Also managed roles & Permissions to be assigned to the users and worked on Security for the SSRS Reports.
- Developed solutions for programming scenarios using C#.NET.
- Troubleshooting reports issues, ETL job failures, Optimizing query performances.
- Prepared Technical Documentation.
- Coordinated with onsite / offshore team members.
Environment: SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES (SSIS), SQL SERVER ANALYSIS SERVICES (SSAS), SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES (SSRS), REPORT BUILDER, AND C #.NET, T-SQL, SQL PROFILER, PERFORMANCE POINT SERVER, SQL SERVER 2012, REPORT BUILDER AND TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER (TFS).
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing User defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries, and Data Integrity.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Tables and other SQL Joins and Statements for Applications by using T-SQL.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition Environment.
- Designed and Developed Web Application using C#, ASP.Net.
- Designed, Developed and tested packages to extract, transform and load data using SQL Server integration services (SSIS).
- Developed advanced ETL import packages using SSIS, T-SQL, and other tools to transform and import raw index data into database tables.
- Processed data from flat files excel files, .cave files into proprietary hierarchical data structure system through SSIS packages and custom procedures.
- Analyze data importing processes and design processes/applications to help increase automation, efficiency, flexibility and extensibility.
- Worked on various reports like parameterized reports, cascading reports, ad-hoc reports and dynamic reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal reports.
- Implement code changes, bug fixes and configuration changes (if needed) and other development.
- Work in cooperation with other teams and business analysts for achievement of efficient database access and for processing applications.
- This includes activities like designing, adding, eliminating, or maintaining indexes, organizing tables, recommending SQL scripts to application development teams.
Environment: MS-SQL SERVER 2012/2008 R2, VISUAL STUDIO 2010, TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER(TFS), SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES (SSIS), SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES (SSRS), SQL SERVER ANALYSIS SERVICES (SSAS), MDX QUERIES, SQL PROFILER, AUTO SYS, SYSTEM MONITOR/ PERFORMANCE MONITOR, PERFORMANCE TUNING, TROUBLE SHOOTING, CLUSTERING.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
SQL BI Developer
- Created several stored procedures, functions, triggers, views and cursors for building dashboard.
- Used sub queries, temp tables, while loops, union, SET operators, string functions, error handling and aggregate functions in different queries in SQL Server.
- Used Control flow tasks such as Execute SQL task, Data flow task, For Each Loop, Sequence container, Execute Package Task, Execute Process task, Script Task, SMTP task and File System Task in SSIS package.
- Used script task for selecting the latest file in a group of files from the folder as a source file using Object oriented C#.net.
- Used data transformation like look up, Script component, Merge, Merge Join, Multicast, Derived column, copy column, condition split, sort, union all, data conversion, conditional split and row count to clean the data and modify it. Loaded the data in various destinations like SQL server, flat file, excel in SSIS package.
- Improved the performance of SSIS packages by using fast load options, converting the data type at source if applicable, parallel processing, using non-blocking, semi blocking components over blocking components, dropping and rebuilding the indexes during the SSIS package run.
- Executed SSIS package through SQL job.
- Worked on cube partitioning, refresh strategy and SSAS performance tuning.
- SSAS, Created relationship in both cube structure as well as in Data Source view.
- Created relationship like fact, reference, and regular. Used refresh strategy after the modification made to the cube in Data Source view.
- Assigned to roles to particular user to access the SSAS cube. Deployed and processed the cube.
- Created SSRS reports such as drilldown, drill through, sub reports, tabular reports, chart reports, matrix report and document map.
- Created dynamic SSRS reports with the help of parameters which changes according to the user input.
- Used standard and parameterized parameters in SSRS reports
- Created List report, dynamic report and enabling the sorting to the report.
- Exported reports in SSRS to Excel, PDF and word document.
Environment: MS-SQL SERVER 2008R2/2008, VISUAL STUDIO, TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER (TFS), SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES (SSIS), SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES (SSRS), SQL SERVER ANALYSIS SERVICES (SSAS), MDX QUERIES, C#.NET, SQL PROFILER, AUTO SYS, SYSTEM MONITOR/ PERFORMANCE MONITOR.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SQL BI Developer
- Created Queries in T-SQL, Stored Procedures, and Views to store the data of clients, advisors.
- Created User Defined Functions, Triggers to store data into appropriate tables as and when data arrives and created indexes to the tables that have least updates to improve the query performance.
- Used SSIS to migrate databases such as Excel files, flat files, Oracle Database and SQL Server database to centralized IT destination.
- Involved in requirement gathering and performed ETL Process.
- Implemented Triggers, Views, Clustered and Non-clustered indexing. Extensive work on the performance tuning of Oracle ETL process.
- Created tables needed for ETL processing and develop ETL framework.
- Implemented SSIS packages to Migrate data to staging server and then to production server
- Developed Monitored and Deployed SSIS packages and successfully created dynamic configuration packages in SSIS.
- Following Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including Star schemas, snowflakes, dimensional modeling.
- Data migration from old databases and different databases to main database
- Based on the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view during extraction of data.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Created many complex database code objects such as Stored Procedures/ views/ Functions and used them in Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
- Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality, Charts and Dashboard type metrics.
- Worked as onsite coordinator, assign work and manage offshore team.
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2008/2005, MICROSOFT TFS, SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES (SSIS), SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES (SSRS), MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO, SHARE POINT, SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO, MS EXCEL.
SQL Server Developer
- Extensively involved in interacting with the business users and gathering the requirements for the data warehouse.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyses data from multiple heterogeneous information sources.
- Worked with different methods of logging and error handling in SSIS.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Designed and developed MS SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) under SQL Server 2005
- Created ad-hoc reports, drill down, and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to author, manage, and deliver both paper-based and interactive Web-based reports.
- Involved in migration of SSRS from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
- Used ETL to extract files for the external vendors and coordinated that effort.
- Building UAT and Test environments using Production backups.
Environment: MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2005, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, SQL PROFILER, WINDOWS SERVER 2003.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes