Sr. Sql Server Dba Resume
- Around 9+ years of experience in Database Administration for very large and complex databases in SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong technical background along with the ability to perform business analysis and write effective documentation and specifications.
- Installed different versions of SQL Server on different environments and applied Service Packs.
- Expertise in T - SQL coding like stored procedures, triggers, functions and object maintenance.
- Administering SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Expert in BI tool administration like SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Implemented the new SQL Server mechanisms like data compressions, online indexing, Contained Databases, security principals and AlwaysOn.
- Worked on SQL Server 2012 migration from SQL Server 2008\2005.
- Experience in Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
- Experienced in working on different environments like Production, DR, Development and Test.
- Experience in setting up High Availability techniques like Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, Failover Clustering, Replication and AlwaysOn as per business requirement.
- Installed Failover Clustering on multiple nodes on Active-Passive and Active-Active environments.
- Expertise in handling migrations across different servers and managing Data Center Migrations along with managing security, logins, jobs and maintenance plans.
- Created jobs, alerts, operators and notifications by automating alerts using the Database Mail and SQL Server Agent.
- Troubleshooting performance and database issues and poor performance issues.
- Monitoring space and growth on databases and plan for capacity in advance to estimate upcoming space issues.
- Excellent oral, communication, written and management skills and in depth understanding on SDLC and business flow and providing effective documentation, specifications and in mentoring team members.
- Providing 24/7 technical support to Production and development environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively working as a team member as well as an individual.
Database: SQL Server 2014\2012\2008R2\2008\2005\2000, Oracle10g/9i/8i/7.x
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Shell, Python
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2003/XP, Unix, Linux, NIX HP-UX, IBM-AIX, RHEL6, Solaris 9, 10
SQL Server Skills: Upgrading\Patching SQL Server, Database Migrations, Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Log shipping, Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, Always On High Availability, Database Design and Security, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, Backup and Restore, Partitioning, Indexing
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Query Analyzer, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Configuration Manager, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Error Reporting, Activity Monitor
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Other Tools: MS Office, Erwin, Toad, MS Visio, BMC Remedy, VMWare, VXVM.0, Veritas Cluster Service 4.1, Lotus Notes, Idera, Litespeed, NFS, RAID, Nagios, Service Now, Net cool, Hqmonet, ControlView, ProcMon, HP Service Manager
Web Server: Apache http, Tomcat, ISS
Hardware: HP (PROLIANT DL380G7,DL360 G5), V440, Dell Power edge(710 & 910), IBM blade servers
VMware: VMware ESX Server -3.x, GSX, Virtual Center, VMware WorkStation (5.x, 6.x)
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Responsible for Database support, troubleshooting, planning and migration.
- Resource planning and coordination for application migrations with project managers, application and web app teams.
- Project involved guidance and adherence to standardized procedures for planned data center consolidation for in-house corporate and third party applications based on SQL 2000 in upgrade project to SQL 2008R2\2012.
- Monitoring of database size and disk space in Production, Staging and Development environments.
- Conducted various meetings and conferences with application teams to meet corporate milestones for database migration.
- Performed installations of SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012 on Windows Server 2008R2\2012 and patch servers accordingly.
- Engage in disaster recovery strategic planning and implement backups on SQL Server.
- Rebuilding and monitoring indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime.
- Extensively worked on SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters. Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Involved in Source Data Analysis, analysis and designing mappings for data extraction also responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor(DTA).
- Responsible for assigning proper user access to databases and determining the adequate security for each user.
- Configured Database Mirroring and Log Shipping and troubleshooting with connectivity, security and firewall issues.
- Configured Database mail, linked servers, Maintenance plans and SQL Server Jobs.
- Executed Change management scripts on weekly basis.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Checking Database Consistency/health by using DBCC commands at regular intervals.
- Implemented Data partitioning, Error Handling through TRY-CATCH-THROW statement, Common Table Expression (CTE).
Environment: SQL Server 2012\2008R2, Windows Server 2012\2008R2\2003, .NET Framework, Microsoft Visio, SSIS and SSRS.
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Gather and analyze client requirements and planning stages of SDLC and documenting project and coding specifications and plan deliverables.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Deploying new code base release to UAT and Production Environments.
- Perform SQL Server service pack and Windows Service pack upgrades.
- Working with customers on Application rollouts and server migrations.
- Extensively worked on Enterprise Manager for managing the database.
- Troubleshoot performance problems and fine-tuning of databases.
- Involved in Index Analysis and Performance Tuning.
- Migrating SQL Server 2000 data bases into SQL Server 2008R2\2005.
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Setting up Full and T-log backups for all databases as a DR procedure for recovering the databases from backup in disasters and implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Developed complex stored procedures using T-SQL to generate Ad hoc reports within SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Built different types of chart reports using SSRS for the business requirement like column chart, Pie Charts.
- Maintaining database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Planning migrations and moving databases and logins in different environments.
- Implementing suitable performance tuning and query optimization techniques.
- Providing 24*7 on call support.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2\2005\2000, Windows Server 2008R2\2003, .NET Framework and SSRS.
- Documented project design and coding specifications.
- Responsible for all database architecture including planning and design of Relational Data Warehouse.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 and applied SPs.
- Implemented application database code objects like tables, views, joins, stored procedures, triggers, functions, temp tables and table variables for application databases.
- Managed the migration from\to SQL Server 2000\2005\2008.
- Transferred databases, jobs, logins and objects from Old to New Servers.
- Involved in performance tuning and code optimization.
- Handled Logical Data and Index partitioning for large tables.
- Implemented Capacity planning and Load balancing techniques.
- Estimated disk storage requirements for database software, database files & database administration needs.
- Scheduled full backup nightly jobs and hourly transaction Log Backups as part of DR Procedures.
- Implemented Log shipping and Replication for high availability.
- Monitored SQL server performance using SQL Profiler to find performance and deadlocks.
- Scheduled jobs, alerts, logs and notifications with SQL agent.
- Managed security by defining roles and rights.
- Maintained database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Managed Internal SharePoint Site for Reports, Tracking Defects and High priority Issues.
- Implemented frequent database refreshes on Dev\QA environments.
- Implemented Database partitioning for large tables.
- Provided 24*7 on-call support for production systems.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2\2005\2000, Windows Server 2008R2\2003, SSIS and SSRS.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes