Senior Sql Server Dba Resume
- Around 8 Years of Database Administration and Development experience on MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 in OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Experience installing MS SQL SERVER 2005,2008,2008 R2, 2012,2014; updating wif hot fix and service packs
- Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts as well as Data Modeling Concepts.
- Extensive experience in implementing High availability and Disaster Recovery solutions like Always On Availability groups, Replication (Snapshot and Transactional), Log shipping, clustering and mirroring on physical and virtual machines.
- Extensively worked on Active - Active and Active-Passive Clustering.
- Implemented new features in MS SQL Server 2012 like Always On HADR in prod and non prod environments.
- Implemented In-place and Side by Side Migration of MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005 to 2008 R2 and 2008R2 to 2012
- Experience in developing T-SQL (DDL, DML, and DCL) statements.
- Experience in Migrating DTS 2000 packages to SSIS packages in 2005 using Migration Wizard.
- Experience using SQL Server 2008 new features like Policy Based Management, Data Compression, Resource Governor, Performance Data Collector and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- Experience in using the DMVS, DMFS, SP PROC’s, INFORMATION SCHEMA, SYSTEM VIEWS and in-built GLOBAL VARIABLES for the instant analysis.
- Expert in Data Integrity, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization
- Expert level skills in Objects creation such as Table, Normalization, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Triggers and other SQL joins and query writing.
- Expert in creating Views.
- Performed BCP, BULK INSERT, Imported and Exported data from different Data Sources.
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling of the database in ERWIN and MSVISIO.
- Experience in Normalization, Database design, Performance Analysis and Production Support for very large (VLDB) and Complex Databases.
- Handling Memory configurations for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on Windows 2003 Server.
- Experience in SQL Upgrades SQL 2000 to 2005 and Building SQL Clustering.
- Experience in analyzing Locks, Dead Locks and Handling the Isolation Level and Concurrency Effects.
- Extensively used the native tools like index tuning wizard, data base tuning advisor, profiler, performance monitor, activity monitor, Event viewer for performance analysis.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database health Check, Indexing, Updating Statistics.
- Expert in analyzing the execution plan and index management for better Query Optimization.
- Configured SMTP Server for Database Mail setup and received Alerts for the Threshold values.
- Extensively used Repositories like Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual source safe and Clear Case for Data Archival.
- Handled multiple SQL Instances on Cluster environment for Server Consolidation projects built on SAN using RAID levels.
- Experience in using DMV and DBCC commands for various performance issues.
- Extensively used third party tools like Lite Speed, Fog light and Red gate.
- Auditing of database for users transactions, login and database action and removing orphan users
- Worked wif a team of business analysts, data architects, application developers, ETL developers and testers
- Experience in building SSIS packages (.dtsx) involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server.
- Experience in creating deployment utility to deploy SSIS packages over Production, QA and Local System.
- Experience in creating SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005 and 2008.
- Experience working on Hyper-V and VMware environments
- Experience working wif Change control process/Change management
- Strong experience in mentoring junior team members, documentation and 24/7 on call production support
- 24*7 Production support experience
Operating System: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/NT, Server 2012/2008R2/2003, Exchange 2003, Linux, UNIX
RDBMS: MS-SQL Server 2005/ 2008/ 2008 R2/ 2012/ 2014, MS Access
Languages: Transact-SQL, SQL, C/C++, Java, Mat lab, Lab view, and Visual Basic
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager SQL Profiler, me-SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSRS, SSAS, ODBC, OLTP, ADO, SQL OLEDB, ERWIN, PSSDIAG, VISIO, IIS,HP SAN SCSI, LITE SPEED, RED GATE, VSS, BMC(MAGIC Help Desk),TFS, Double Take, SQLMON, Quest Lite speed, SQL Safe, Redgate, Tivoli, Iderax
ETL Tools: SSIS 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, DTS
OLAP Tools: SSAS 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012
Reporting Tools: SSRS 2005/2008/2012 , Crystal Reports, MS-Excel(Pivot Tables, VBA, Macros)
Data Modeling Tools: CA Erwin, MS-Visio, MS-Visual Studio
Confidential, Denver, CO
Senior SQL Server DBA
- Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2005/2008(R2)/2012/2014 on Production and Non-Prod environments.
- Migrated sql servers from Virtual to physical environments for improving performance.
- Upgrades of sql server 2005/2008R2 to 2008R2 /2012 and apply Service packs wherever needed.
- Implemented Database Mirroring and Transactional Replication as a part of DR plan.
- Configured Active- Active, Active- Passive clustering (two node and multi node) on physical and virtual environments.
- Configured Always-On wif synchronous and asynchronous secondary replicas.
- Configured Transactional replication from multiple publishers to one subscriber.
- Creating and Maintaining Database Maintenance Plans.
- Performed database refreshes from prod to non prod environments
- Configured Database Mail for failure Job notifications
- Modify Stored Procedures and complex T-SQL Queries to improve query execution process.
- Write T-SQL Scripts for database backup jobs and daily/weekly jobs.
- Tune slow running queries using SQL Server Profiler
- Worked wif database tuning advisor, SQL server profiler, Performance counters and activity monitor for Performance tuning
- Used DBCC and DMV commands for day-to-day troubleshooting tasks.
- Import data across multiple instances using BULK INSERT and BCP Utility.
- Involved in Capacity Planning, Database Normalization and De-normalization process.
- Optimized the database server usingDMV’s and DMF’sand performed acode reviewandtuningfor the best performance of the application.
- Involved in Logical and Physical Data Modeling process using MS Visio.
- Use MS Visual Source Safe as a Version Control System.
- Involved in Change Data Capture process.
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and analyzing and continuous update of documentation.
- Mentoring junior team members and creating documents on daily basis.
- 24* 7 on-call production support
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2014, Windows 2003/2008R2/2012, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PL/SQL, MS Access, Perl.
Confidential, BELOIT, WI
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 on Prod and Non-Prod environments.
- Configured HADR techniques like replication (snapshot and transactional), Mirroring, log shipping and clustering on virtual and Physical environments.
- Worked on side-by-side migrations of sql server.
- Applied service packs as a part of standardization project.
- Implemented SQL Server Auditing to collect data for Quarterly audits.
- Troubleshoot Performance issues on production environments using Performance counters, extended events/Profiler and DMV’s to find the resource bottlenecks.
- Resolve locking and blocking issues.
- Refresh non-prod environments wif production data on regular basis.
- Implemented data availability solutions like online restore, online index, database snapshot and fast recovery.
- Provided RAID level suggestion for data files, log files and tempdb drives
- Used Index tuning wizard for optimal query performance.
- Monitoring SQL Server LOGS, Application logs and analyzing the logs.
- Reorganizing or Rebuilding Indexes based on the Index fragmentation
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Creating Backup strategies and scheduling them as a part of database maintenance plans.
- Providing 24*7 support
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2/2005/2000,Windows 2003/ 2008 Server, C#.net, VB and ASP.NET, Lite Speed, MS Visio, Microsoft SQL server Visual Studio 2005/2008 R2
Confidential, Irvine, California
SQL Server DBA
- Migrated SQL server 2000 databases into SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2005 databases into SQL server 2008databases by In-place upgrade process and also used upgrade advisor tool in upgrade process.
- Setting up and Monitored Clustering, transactional replication, Database mirroring on Production environments.
- Migrated DTS packages into SSIS packages.
- Handled up to 2 TB Size databases wif clustered and stand alone environment
- Configured Transactional replication on migrated server.
- Extensively worked on Dynamic Management Views (DMV’s) and Dynamic Management Functions (DMF’s).
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Integrated SQL traces wif Perfmon log to have better graphical analysis to find system bottlenecks.
- Implementation of SQL Principal, Securable, Permission, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Maintaining SQL Script for creation of Database Objects using VSS (Visual Source Safe).
- Experience working wif MS SCOM and MS SCCM.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server which covers Database Integrity Checks.
- Planned the Complete Backing up of Database and Restoring the Database from Disaster Recovery.
- Used DTS packages to move logins and jobs from one server to another server.
- Used log shipping for synchronization of database.
- Good experience in data modeling and metadata services.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find performance and deadlocks.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Functions for the Application.
- Extensive testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, T-SQL, Excel, Windows 2003/2008 Server
Confidential, Laredo, TX
SQL Server DBA
- Installing and configuring and tuning and providing 24X7 support for SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2
- Created and scheduled jobs to setup log shipping between production servers.
- Implemented Database Mirroring on the SQL Server 2005 production databases.
- Job Monitoring and making sure all jobs run successfully every night.
- Creating databases and logins wif permissions in SQL Server 2005 as per the developer’s request.
- Worked extensively on SQL Server Reporting Services to generate reports.
- Created Linked Servers between 2005 and 2008 R2 servers.
- Involved in Migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2005 and 2008
- Created Database Diagrams using Erwin Data Modeler.
- Developing stored procedures, triggers, views and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation and data extraction.
- Migrated and tested DTS packages to SQL Server 2005 Integration Services.
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Restore Development and Staging databases from production backups as per the requirement.
- Extensively used SSIS to move data from text files to SQL Server.
- Monitor backup jobs daily and run the jobs manually in case of failure depending upon the necessity.
- Prepare daily report on the job failures, backup failures and disk space.
- Extensively used Database Performance Monitoring tools for performance tuning.
- Designedandimplemented database maintenance plan.
- Used Index tuning wizard and rebuilding indexes for faster Query Performance.
- Involved in resolving dead lock issues and performance issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers, NET, MS Access.
SQL Server DBA\Developer
- Installation and configuration of MS SQL Server 2003/2000/7.0
- Created Stored Procedures, User defined functions, Views and Wrote T- SQL codes maintaining query standards for the project.
- Created ER diagrams
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables, added Columns, triggers and configured IIS and Worked on Index tuning, stored Procedure tuning.
- Involved in Optimization and normalization of database and tables.
- Involved in conceptual and physical modeling of data using Erwin tool.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers and functions and added/changed tables for data extraction and transformation, and data loading (ETL).
- Part of team for analyzing and implementing the physical design for database.
- Writing complex Stored Procedures to meet the business requirements.
- Designing logical and physical database structure to facilitate analysis of data from both operational and customer perspectives.
- Created new database objects like Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000.
- Designing and building data load procedures, using MS SQL Server.
- Wrote DTSActiveX scripts that extract data from database tables and write the data to text files
- Responsible for transferring of database and database objects from Development to Production Server using DTS.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and Stored Procedures.
- Involved in Analysis and tuning complex Queries/Stored Procedures in SQL Server 2000 for faster execution and developed database structures.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Windows NT/2000/ 2003
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes