Sql Server Dba Resume
- Over 8 years of experience in MS SQL Server Database Administration, Design, Development & Support.
- Good Expertise in installation of 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2014 MS SQL servers
- Experience wif upgrading SQL Server software to new versions (side by side and In - Place) and applying Service packs and hot fixes.
- Implemented Always-On High availability groups in SQL 2012.
- Extensive experience wif configuring high availability and Disaster recovery techniques likes Clustering, Replication, Log shipping and mirroring.
- Experience in setting up Active-Active and Active-Passive clustering (Two node and Multi node) on physical and VMware environments.
- Implemented new features introduced in SQL Server 2008 like Policy Based Management, Resource Governor, Data Collector sets and Backup Compression Techniques.
- Expert in Performance Tuning by Index Defragmentation, optimizing execution plans, proper usage of indexes, Index rebuild, reorg, horizontal and vertical partitioning.
- Expertise in working wif Performance counters, SQL Profiler and Extended events.
- Experience in using DMV, DBCC and dynamic management functions (DMF) of Tables, Triggers, and Store Procedure etc. for finding out long running queries.
- Used recursive CTEs, CTE, temp tables and effective DDL / DML Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency as well as to support teh existing applications
- Experience in identifying teh I/O and memory, bottle necks, blocking and deadlocks caused by complex queries using SQL Server Activity monitor/profiler, and handling them by implementing better Query Execution plans.
- Experience in data partitioning to improve teh performance of large table reduces contention and improves availability of data.
- Configured and managed Linked Servers and Data transfer between SQL Server and other heterogeneous relational databases such as Oracle and DB2.
- Configured Registered Servers and Multi Server Administration.
- Experience in working wif both OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Hands on Experience wif using Data Modeling Tools such as Erwin and MS Visio.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions.
- Hands on experience in writing and debugging Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Complex queries using T-SQL Scripts and Batch files.
- Expertise in reading and understanding execution plan and fixing query to execute wif low cost using joins like merge, nested loops, hash join etc.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
- Extensive experience in Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning, Disaster Recovery, Troubleshooting, Backup and Restore Procedures.
- Overall database design thatinvolvescreating normalized databases, user authentication, query tuning, assigning proper indexes, creating stored procedures, functions, triggers and data types.
- Worked on VLDB’s sizing around 250 GB to 4 TB.
- Configured SMTP Server for Database Mail setup and received Alerts for teh Threshold values
- Experience in working wif Data Compression techniques like Row Level and Page Level Compression and Database backup Compression in SQL 2005 and 2008
- Experience wif IIS Administration and configuration
- Thorough Understanding of different RAID levels implementation.
- Experience wif Third Party tools like Litespeed, Foglight, RedGate, Erwin and Idera and MS tool SCOM.
- Experience in creating documents for Disaster Recovery and also documenting issues wif Root cause analysis.
- Experience in creating deployment utility to deploy SSIS packages over Production, QA and Local System.
- Experience in building SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server.
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise storage solutions using Storage area Network (SAN)/network attached storage(NAS)
- Extensive experience in teh development of Reports using SQLServer2000/2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Access and developed Custom Report and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, and Drilldown Reports in multiple formats using multi - dimensional objects.
- Strong ability in Scheduling and deploying reports on Report manger
- Strong analytical, logical and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
- 24*7 Production on-call support
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS Office Access 2000/2003,oracle 11g
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data IntegratorData Transformation Services (DTS)
Languages: T-SQL, C/C++, C#, VB.Net.
Other Tools: Erwin, Redgate, LiteSpeed, Idera, Visio, Comvault.
SQL Server DBA
- Installing and maintain SQL server 2008R2/2012/2014 on standalone and clustered environments and apply service packs/Hotfixes.
- Migration of SQL servers from 2008 R2 to 2012 on virtual and Physical environments and apply service packs.
- Set up Transactional and snapshot Replication for load balancing.
- Configured Always-On high availability group on SQL 2012 servers.
- Migrated SQL server cluster from Virtual to physical environment to improve Performance.
- Capacity planning teh new and existing Applications on Virtual and Physical environments.
- Used DMV and DBCC commands for identifying missing indexes, index stats and fragmentation levels of indexes for query/stored procedure tuning.
- Used Performance monitor, DMV’s and SQL Profiler to capture teh activities of teh databases and used teh trace file as workload file to teh Database Tuning Advisor for index recommendations.
- Managed Security usingSQL Logins, Roles and Security Modesfor various users and handled orphan users while moving databasesand worked on data encryption wif certificates and security keys at various levels.
- Refreshed non-prod environments wif production data on regular basis.
- Ensured timely completion of activities for database backup, restoration and health check of databases.
- Documented Disaster Recovery plans and participated in disaster recovery drills.
- Worked wif IDERA Tool by setting up alerts for teh Monitors of various SQL Servers
- Troubleshooting various issues encountered while converting existing DTS Packages to SSIS Packages.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Coordinated project activities wif an emphasis on quality and meeting timelines, ensuring successful implementations, which are focused on positive impact and response from both an internal and external perspective. Identifying conflicts and proactively communicating them to teh appropriate individuals /department(s).
- Used change control processes and procedures to ensure business and regulatory compliance.
- 24*7 production on-call support.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014, Windows 2003/2008R2/2012 Server, TFS, Share Point, Lite Speed.
Confidential, Barrington, IL
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Setup several two-node and multinode clusters using an Active/Active and Active/Passive configuration.
- Setup and maintain Database Mirroring in high performance/ high availability mode as DR strategy.
- Creating logins, users, and roles, giving permissions pertaining to Databases security. Design and Implementation of user login and security modes. Security issues related to logins database users and application roles and linked Servers of MS server and DB2.
- Configured Snapshot and Transactional Replication.
- Perform restore/recoveries on a periodic basis to ensure teh recoverability of teh databases.
- Successfully upgraded SQL 2005 to SQL 2008/2008R2 and SQL 2008 to SQL 2012 ( side by side and in place)
- Performed DR tests periodically for mission critical application.
- Automated daily database refreshes from production to staging and on-demand refreshes from production to non- prod environments.
- Created DDL triggers for auditing any DDL change in SQL 2005/2008R2/2012.
- Implemented data partitioning to improve teh performance of large table reduce contention and increases availability of data.
- Created teh custom backup using Redgate tool and restore strategy for production, development and test environments.
- Involved in performance tuning using Activity Monitor, Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer and Index tuning wizards.
- Involved in change management, problem management activities using BMC Remedy tool before implementing database changes in production.
- Responsible for creating teh reports basing on teh requirements using SSRS 2005
- Commitment to SLA based on ticketing system where responding time wif 15 minutes to production and 45 minutes to other environments.
- 24x7 Production on-call support
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, TFS, Share Point, .Net, Java, SQL Spotlight
Confidential, Englewood, NJ
SQL Server DBA
- Installing, Configuring and administration of SQL Server Databases
- Implemented and Logical and Physical design of SQL server databases using Erwin
- Database configuration including instance and database creation, database sizing, file placement, specification of storage media.
- Implemented and maintained high availability systems (clustering, database mirroring, log shipping).
- Successfully migrated SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2008R2 on both physical and virtual environments (VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Automated daily backup/restore processes, implemented batch jobs to automate DBA maintenance tasks.
- Created and managed database maintenance plans and design and implemented backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Defined and enforced database standards, policies, security and documentation.
- Work wif vendors and Developers as needed to resolve issues.
- Developed and implemented Disaster Recovery (DR) on production SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Assisted many deployments and code releases for mission critical applications.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive disaster recovery strategies.
- Scheduled jobs for backup using Redgate tool, and created alerts for error reporting
- Migrated DTS packages from Legacy system to SQL SERVER 2005.
- Supported databases in production as well as lower environments and managed multiple Oracle 11gR2/11gR1 databases in fast paced operational environment.
- Monitoring various targets through Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Grid Control. Monitoring Table spaces and Data files utilization.
- Applied Oracle quarterly patches to multiple databases in production and lower environments.
- Created and Maintained jobs, alerts and Maintenance plans.
- Worked in Huge Transactional, Merge Replication environment.
- Implemented Database mirroring, configured TEMPPrincipal, witness and mirror.
- Used Performance monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance teh performance of database servers.
- Executed data validation stored procedures in SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency
- Created Documentation for all teh issues wif their RCA and fixes.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008 Server, PVCS, Share Point, .Net, Java, SQL Spotlight
SQL Server DBA
- Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2 databases in Production, Staging, QA and development environments.
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining SQL Server 2005/2008R2 on Active/Active and Active/passive Cluster wif latest Service Packs, Hot Fixes.
- Designed teh Database Recovery plan and implemented teh Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2005 and participated in Disaster Recovery Drill processes.
- Provide and Monitor database "health" - availability, reliability, performance and capacity planning using SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Wizards.
- Provide Reliability using Transactional Replication.
- Troubleshooting blocking issues, deadlocks using blocker scripts, trace flags and activity monitor.
- Resolving performance issues using DMVs (Dynamic Management Views).
- Performance Tuned Stored procedures using Index Tuning Wizard, Estimated Execution plan, Profiler and Performance monitor.
- Used teh DMV’s to find teh missing indexes on teh tables for most appropriate used and missing indexes.
- Setup, Installation and Configuration of SQL Server RDBMS. Evaluating and installing patches/Service Packs.
- Optimization, performance tuning of SQL Server Systems and databases.
- Login and User Management like Adding logins, roles, groups to teh Window NT and MS SQL Server and maintaining proper security procedures and assigning object level permissions.
- Worked wif highly transactional merchandise and investment databases wif PCI compliance involving data encryption wif certificates and security keys at various levels.
- Analysis, development and maintenance of Backup Plan, Disaster Recovery Plan, Procedures and Strategies using Maintenance Plans.
- Created Auditing procedure related Data using DDL/DML Triggers to keep track all teh changes to database and data in tables.
- Involved in Generating reports using SSRS, Excel (Pivot) that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers.
- Involved in developing integration services (SSIS) for data imports and exports.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Windows NT/2003/2008R2 Server, TFS, Share Point, .Net, Java, SQL diagnostic manager
SQL Server Developer/DBA
- Maintaining SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2 servers for day-to-day activities.
- Regular SQL Server Maintenance Activities Index rebuilds and update statistics, Database Backup, Data Imports and Exports.
- Monitoring SQL Server activity through profiler.
- Involved in creating triggers and cursors to maintain database an audit trail of all records in teh database.
- Maintained security related activities such as logins and database object permissions. Managing Login Authentication and User Privileges for more than 100 users.
- Resolving security issues by creating new roles and granting required permissions to teh users at various levels.
- Created Database objects like store procedures, triggers, views etc.
- Used log shipping for synchronization of database.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables, added Columns, triggers and configured IIS and Worked on Index tuning, stored Procedure tuning.
- Involved in Optimization and normalization of database and tables.
- Involved in conceptual and physical modeling of data using Erwin.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers and functions and added/changed tables for data extraction and transformation, and data loading (ETL).
- Part of team for analyzing and implementing teh physical design for database.
- Writing complex Stored Procedures to meet teh business requirements.
- Designing logical and physical database structure to facilitate analysis of data from both operational and customer perspectives.
- Created new database objects like Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Windows NT/2003/2008 R2, TFS, Share Point, .Net, Java
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes