Bi Developer Resume
Thousand Oaks, CA
- Over 8 years of experience in MS SQL Database Modeling, Design, ETL / Database Development & Data Warehouse Developing and Implementation
- Experience in development of Business Intelligence applications using SQL 2012/2008, Integration Services (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in Data Modeling (Logical and Physical design) of databases, Normalization and building Referential integrity constraints
- Strong working experience in SQL Server and T - SQL in constructing triggers, tables(DDL), Joins, cursors, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries and data integrity.
- Written Complex Stored procedures as well as analyzing and debugging existing complex stored procedures, suggested creating Clustered and Non Clustered indexes on tables.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning SQL server and database performance using SQL Profiler, Index tuning wizard, performance monitor and execution plan review
- Experience in using recursive CTEs, CTE, temp tables and effective DDL / DML Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency as well as to support the existing applications
- Experienced in SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) cube designing using multiple dimensions and hierarchies
- Experience in SSAS tools on making dimensions and cubes to analyze data from complex databases
- Experience in building perspectives, translations, KPIs and browsing via Excel to analyze different department performance in SSAS.
- Experience in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Used SSIS to copy, transform, create, compare and modify data, validate test data results and restore test data to its baseline state.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations
- Having extensive knowledge in data cleansing and query performance processing using containers, lookups, derived columns, DQS etc. in SSIS packages
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Having Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) on making instantaneous and scheduled reports
- Experienced in SSRS dashboard, table, chart report designing and deploying on Share point / SQL server.
- Experience in creating various type of reports such as Complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on Relational and OLAP databases.
- Experience in deploying created reports in various sources like Web browser, XML and PDF.
- Experience using various reporting and data analysis tools like Tableau /Cognos and Business Objects
- Exposure to working with NO SQL databases like Mongo DB /Cassandra in Hadoop environment
- Strong analytical, logical and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, oracle 11g, MS-Access
ETL/BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services (DTS)
Project Management: Microsoft Project 2013
Modeling Tool: Erwin
Version Control: TFS, Rational Clear Case, Visual Source safe
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Writing and Debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, Views and User Defined Functions
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages
- Highly skilled in T-SQL - simple and complex joins, sub-queries, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, functions, views, CTE, DDL, DML
- Thorough analysis and testing of database objects &T-SQL statements before deployment to the production server.
- Performance optimization and normalization of database. Query and index tuning through T-SQL.
- Utilize Transact-SQL for queries and various ad-hoc requests.
- Designed data warehouse using star/snowflake schema to sort data into dimension and fact tables.
- Designed Data Warehouse using star/snowflake schema to populate data into Dimension modeling and Fact tables to support OLAP reporting system
- Migrated data from different company branches to MSSQL database and data warehouse using SSIS ETL Tools.
- Setup the MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) environment for development team, Build definitions, and other SDLC related processes.
- Used necessary data cleansing and backup tools for migrated data like CDC (Change Data Capture) components and DQS (Data Quality Services) knowledge system.
- Created data transformation package tasks using conversion, derived column, join / union, conditional split tools.
- Created parameterized reports and linked reports with thorough knowledge of reporting architecture.
- Responsible for creating the reports basing on the requirements using SSRS 2008
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them
- Worked on the capacity planning, space requirements and management of the data checking the data and log files growth.
- Created and documented all scripts for loading the data into the database and scheduling scripts for jobs.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, TFS, Share Point, .Net, JavaLite Speed
Confidential, Barrington, IL
Sr. SQL Server BI Developer
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, developing and deploying Business Intelligence solutions using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such asLookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL server and MS access and non-relational sources like flat files into staging area.
- Involved in designing and creating Databases, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Created and enhanced streamline data models and data integration strategies.
- Predictive modeling/scoring system development to calculate the risk of improper payments.
- Performance optimization for maximum efficiency, Query tuning using SSMS and troubleshoot slow running queries and stored procedures..
- Using DMV and DBCC commands for identifying missing indexes, index stats and fragmentation levels of indexes for query/stored procedure tuning.
- Interacted with application team at the time database migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Highly used T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures using CTE.
- Responsible for rebuilding the indexes and tables as a part of performance tuning
- ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Applying some business logic and data cleaning in staging server to maintain child and parent relationship.
- Troubleshooting various issues encountered while converting existing DTS Packages to SSIS Packages.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Interacted with concerned application team in fixing the problems when ever needed.
- Modified Job scheduling, alert and notification Email settings.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, TFS, Share Point, .Net, Java, SQL Spotlight
SQL Server BI Developer
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS
- Performance optimization and normalization of database
- Monitoring SQL Server activity and performance through profiler.
- Monitoring SQL jobs and checking log files growth.
- Research, test and propose SQL code and SQL server best practices.
- Coordinated in maintaining, modifying and creating database structures.
- Created & implemented of stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Created and documented all scripts for loading the data into database and scheduling scripts for jobs
- Executing data validation stored procedures in SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- SQL Diagnostic Manager to analyze poor performing store procedures, SQL batches and Single SQL statements on daily basis and reporting to developer community.
- Involved in maintaining the quality of data and also to improve the metadata capabilities using ETL.
- Involved in extracting the data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Evaluates alternatives and recommends situations in on-call situations.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008 Server, PVCS, Share Point, .Net, Java, SQL Spotlight
SQL Server Developer/ETL
- Created SSIS packages for importing the Excel layouts into the database using SSIS.
- Used BIDS to design SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, and archived data file from different DBMS. Scheduled the job to do dis task periodically.
- Loaded data from ODS to Data Warehouse using SSIS packages. Experience in SSIS script tasks, Look up transformations and Data flow tasks using T- SQL, C# and Visual Basic scripts.
- Using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports using SSRS 2012.Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Wrote new Stored Procedures for new system and optimized old Store Procedures and Functions on Production Server.
- Developed packages using various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Improved data load performance by analyzing database design and query plans.
- Modified and Create Joins to Improve the Database and execution speed.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Involved in Performance Tuning using SQL Server Profiler and SQL server Hints. Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2012.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008 Server, TFS, Share Point, .Net, Java, SQL diagnostic manager
SQL Server Developer
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- Deployed theSSISPackages and created jobs for efficient running of the packages. Import/export packages.
- Expertise in creatingETL packages using SSISto extract data from heterogeneous database and tan transform and load into the database.
- Involved in creating SSIS jobs to automate the reports generation, cube refresh packages.
- Creation of usefulindexes.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Expertise inDeployingSSISPackage to Production and used different types of Package configurations to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)to author, manage, and deliver both paper-based and interactive Web-based reports.
- Developed storedprocedures and triggersto facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Loaded fact and dimension tables as part of modified data warehouse solution
- Built an Analysis Services database on already existing data warehouse solution
- Created measures, measure groups, dimensions and multi-dimensional cubes
- Created different types of Tabular reports like Cascaded Parameters, Drill through, Drilldown, sub-reports and Matrix reports and developed some graphical reports using Report Designer.
- Report parameters included single valued parameters, multi-value parameters which also consist of different parameter types like hidden, internal, default (queried and non-queried parameters).
- DesignedSSRSreports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, TFS, Share Point, .Net, Java
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes