Big Data /hadoop Developer Resume
- Over 9 years of professional IT experience which includes over 3 years of experience in Big data ecosystem related technologies and over 5 years of experience in Java related technologies.
- Excellent understanding / knowledge of Hadoop architecture and various components such as HDFS, Job Tracker, Task Tracker, NameNode, Data Node and MapReduce programming paradigm.
- Experience in installation, configuration, supporting and managing - CloudEra's Hadoop platformalong with CDH3 & 4 clusters.
- Experience with leveraging Hadoop ecosystem components including Pig and Hive for data analysis, Sqoop for data migration, Oozie for scheduling and HBase as a NoSQL data store.
- Good Exposure on Apache Hadoop Map Reduce programming, PIG Scripting and Distribute Application and HDFS.
- Experience in NoSQL database HBase
- Experience in importing and exporting data using Sqoop from HDFS to Relational Database Systems and vice-versa.
- Experience in Hadoop Shell commands, writing MapReduce Programs, verifying managing and reviewing Hadoop Log files.
- In depth knowledge of JobTracker, TaskTracker, NameNode, DataNodes and MapReduce concepts.
- Experience in understanding the security requirements for Hadoop and integrate with Kerberos authentication and authorization infrastructure.
- Experience in Big Data analysis using PIG and HIVE and understanding of SQOOP and Puppet.
- Good understanding of HDFS Designs, Daemons, federation and HDFS high availability (HA).
- Experienced in developing Map Reduce programs using Apache Hadoop for working with Big Data.
- Experience in developing customized UDF’s in java to extend Hive and Pig Latin functionality.
- Experience in programming languages like Core Java & COBOL.
- Experience in using Oracle 10g, DB2, SQL Server 2008 and MySQL databases and writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience in designing and developing database tables using SQL Server.
- Experienced in Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid/ Pricing/ PBM RxClaim) and Banking/Financial (Credit Cards Statement system)
- Strong team player, ability to work independently and in a team as well, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, commitment towards learning.
- Administering and troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems, comfortable with UNIX environment and shell scripting.
- Ability to blend technical expertise with strong Conceptual, Business and Analytical skills to provide quality solutions and result-oriented problem solving technique and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of project management concepts, software development lifecycle and quality assurance techniques.
BigData/ Hadoop Ecosystem: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, HBase, Oozie, HDInsight.
Java technologies: Java Server Pages, Servlets, Junit, Spring, Hibernate
Database technologies: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.DB2
Other technologies: HTML, UML (modeling), AJAX, CSS, Tomcat, SVN
Designing Tools: Microsoft Visio
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, LINUX, MAC
Big Data /Hadoop developer
- Extensively involved in Installation and configuration of Cloudera distribution Hadoop 3, NameNode, Secondary NameNode, JobTracker, TaskTrackers and DataNodes.
- Involved in loading data from MySQL and Oracle to HDFS using SQOOP.
- Implemented Hadoop framework to capture user navigation across the application to validate the user interface and provide analytic feedback/result to the UI team.
- Loaded data into the cluster from dynamically generated files using Flume and from relational database management systems using Sqoop.
- Performed analysis on the unused user navigation data by loading into HDFS and writing MapReduce jobs. The analysis provided inputs to the new project front end developers.
- Wrote MapReduce jobs using Java API and Pig Latin.
- Loaded the data from Teradata to HDFS using Teradata Hadoop connectors.
- Used Flume to collect, aggregate and store the web log data onto HDFS.
- Wrote Pig scripts to run ETL jobs on the data in HDFS.
- Used Hive to do analysis on the data and identify different correlations.
- Worked on importing and exporting data from Oracle and DB2 into HDFS and HIVE using Sqoop.
- Imported data using Sqoop to load data from MySQL to HDFS on regular basis.
- Written Hive queries for data analysis to meet the business requirements.
- Automated all the jobs, for pulling data from FTP server to load data into Hive tables, using Oozie workflows.
- Involved in creating Hive tables and working on them using Hive QL.
- Supported Map Reduce Programs those are running on the cluster.
- Maintaining and monitoring clusters. Loaded data into the cluster from dynamically generated files using Flume and from relational database management systems using Sqoop.
- Weekly meetings with technical collaborators and active participation in code review sessions with senior and junior developers.
Environment: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, HBase, ZooKeeper, Cloudera, Oozie, MongoDB, SQL*PLUS, NoSQL, Windows.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Installed and configured Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System), developed multiple MapReduce jobs in java for data cleaning and cessing.
- Developed data pipeline using Flume, Sqoop, Pig and Java MapReduce to ingest customer behavioral data and financial histories into HDFS for analysis.
- Used Pig as ETL tool to do transformations, event joins and some pre-aggregations before storing the data onto HDFS.
- Implemented the workflows using Apache Oozie framework to automate tasks.
- Developed Pig Latin scripts to extract the data from the web server output files to load into HDFS.
- Applied MapReduce frameworkjobs in java for data processing by installing and configuring Hadoop, HDFS.
- Created Hive External tables and loaded the data in to tables and query data using HQL.
- Developed PIG Latin scripts to extract the data from the web server output files to load into HDFS.
- Developed workflow in Oozie to automate the tasks of loading the data into HDFS and pre-processing with Pig.
- Importing and exporting data into HDFS and Hive using Sqoop.
- Created HBase tables to store various data formats of PII data coming from different portfolios.
- Involved in creating Hive tables, loading with data and writing hive queries which will run internally in map reduce way.
- Involved in writing Hive UDFs.
- Involved in HDFS maintenance and WEBUI it through Hadoop-Java API.
- Performed data analysis in Hive by creating tables, loading it with data and writing hive queries which will run internally in a MapReduce way.
- Worked on analyzing Hadoop cluster and different big data analytic tools including Pig, HBase NoSQL database and Sqoop.
- Extracted data from Hive through Sqoop and placed in HDFS and processed.
- Developed shell script to pull the data from third party system’s into Hadoop file system.
Environment: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Flume, Sqoop, Pig, HBase, Hive, ZooKeeper, Cloudera, Oozie, Sqoop, NoSQL, UNIX/LINUX.
Confidential, Thousand Oaks
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Gathering the requirements from the various Users/Business.
- Coordinate the preparation of Test Strategy document and review the same. Coordinate and perform the development activities - Coding and Unit Testing.
- Imparting domain and technical knowledge to the new entrants and also fellow team members.
- Also responsible to perform the analysis for various enhancements, perform impact analysis to find out the systems/programs that could be potentially affected by proposed change(s), coding, and testing and implementation activities.
- Effective offshore coordination to complete the development efforts as per design and review their set of deliverables to meet quality standards and clients expectation.
- Handled a team size of 6 people as an onsite client lead.
- As part of rollout type of works, the responsibilities include gathering the requirements from the clients, performing analysis on the business requirements and development of high level and detailed system design, development activities by involving offshore team, unit testing, system testing, implement the system in to the production environment and providing warranty support.
- Preparation of the following various technical and functional documents (where applicable depending on the request types) Requirement Specification document, High Level Analysis and Approach document, High Level Design Document, Detailed Design Document, System test plan and test procedure document and implementation plans.
- Reviewing the set of deliverables for completeness and correctness to ensure that the business objective is met. Performing rigorous testing. Setting up test environment for User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, IMS DB, DB2, Mainframe OS
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Involved in Design Review sessions such as Business System Design (BSD), Technical System Design (TSD) Reviews with Business Stakeholders, IT Leads, Business Analyst and Test Leads/Managers.
- Created Business Spec documents, Technical Spec documents and Development Test plan
- Conducting Internal Reviews with Impacted teams and approved the test Documents.
- Coordinate with Testing Team for any defects and issues found in testing.
- Preparing Development test plan approach.
- Conduct Meetings with Client Business Leads for weekly status, test approach, defect analysis, Risk analysis and prepare MOM document.
- Ensure that the project documentation is maintained as per Project Life Cycle and all documents are version controlled and maintained for client review and audits.
- Created JCL for executing the batch programs. Used tool to create JCL. Have good experience with DB2 database. Proficient in SQL queries to retrieve the data from DB2 database
- Created multiple online screens using CICS.
- Conducted unit testing for the programs that are developed. Made sure that all the items in test plan get executed as expected.
- Coordinated with Offshore for requirements clarification, schedule requirements
- Received multiple client appreciation for the excellent offshore coordination and timely completion of the project activities.
Environment: IBM B2 V9.1, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, Mainframe OS
- Getting the user requirements by interacting with the various interface teams
- Creating detailed level design and specifications for the new development and obtaining sign off from all the stakeholders.
- Code analysis, modification and Coding
- System, Regression and Unit Testing with the Test Plan preparation
- Co-ordination with the onsite development team to complete the development efforts as per the design, solving problems and issues faced by them and handling the development of the critical functionality.
- Installing the enhancements in production environment
- Performing rigorous testing. Setting up test environment for User Acceptance Testing
Environment: IBM B2 V9.1, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2 Mainframe OS
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes