Sql Server Developer /ssis/ssrs Resume
- 7+ years of extensive IT experience as SQL Server and Microsoft Business Intelligence developer. Specialized as an ETL Developer wif expertise in SQL Server Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS). Proven ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Self - motivated wif high attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Expertise in analyzing, designing, and developing Client/Server, Business Intelligence (BI) database applications and various segments of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , SQL Server Integration, Reporting & Analysis Services.
- Extensive expertise in Insurance, Healthcare, Finance, Automobile sectors.
- Expertise in using T-SQL (DML, DDL).
- Involved in creating numerous database objects like tables, stored procedures, views, functions, indexes and constraints (Checks, Primary and Foreign Key).
- Involved in designing complex queries, stored procedures, triggers, and user defined functions using T-SQL.
- Well versed in OLTP/OLAP environment.
- Experienced in working wif SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various sources (flat files, excel files, legacy systems) and loading into SQL server using Import Export Wizard.
- Experience in Transforming and validating data using Control Flow item and Data Flow Transformations.
- Involved in migration of DTS packages to SSIS (2005/2008/2012 ) and troubleshooting migration issues.
- Experience in creating SSIS package configuration, logging, scheduling, and error handling in SSIS packages.
- Experience in performance tuning in SSIS using row transformations, block and unblock transformations.
- Involved in installation, configuration, development, deployment of Reporting Services using SSRS 2012/2008/2005
- Experience in developing Ad-Hoc, drill down, drill through reports, parameterized reports, sub reports, linked reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in building reports using Crystal reports.
- Expertise in scheduling and deploying reports and uploading files to a report server.
- Proficient in data warehouse design concepts, experienced in relational, multi-dimensional (Star) and snowflake, logical and physical data modeling and data mapping.
- Hands on experience in creating Cube in SQL server analysis services and edit various properties, including teh measure groups and measures, cube dimensions and dimension relationships, calculations.
- Performance tuning in cube by creating storage modes (MOLAP, ROLAP and HOLAP), aggregations, and usage based optimization.
- Good knowledge about administrative tasks such as data loading, unloading, scheduling backup, performance tuning, optimization, recovery.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to learn new concepts.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team, quick learner and self-motivated.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP,2003/2008 Server, Windows 7
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/R2/2012,Access 97/2000/2003
SQL Server Tools: Management Studio(SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS, Informatica
Data Modeling: ERWIN, ER Studio, Enterprise Architect.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, VB.NET
Packages: MS Office.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
SQL Server Developer /SSIS/SSRS
- Created and maintained SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Created database objects like tables, views, synonyms, procedures, functions and database triggers to meet teh business requirements using T-SQL.
- Conducted Data Migration processes in teh SQL Server environment using SQL Server Integration Services 2005.
- Conducted and automated teh ETL operations to Extract data from multiple data sources, transform inconsistent and missing data to consistent and reliable data, and finally load it into teh Multi-dimensional data warehouse.
- Involved in Developing, Monitoring and Deploying SSIS packages and successfully created dynamic configuration packages in SSIS.
- Used different transformations like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join, Aggregate etc. for creating many SSIS packages.
- Created many Variables that were used to pass parameterized values into teh package which makes teh package Dynamic.
- Designed many Configuration files that were used to pass parameters from outside teh Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) into teh packages using XML files.
- Designed Incremental Load Packages which were used to load teh updated and new data into teh Enterprise Data Warehouse wifout removing teh existing data.
- Worked wif different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Worked on Event Handlers to do Event handling on error at teh package and task level on error, on warning and configured it using send email task and script task.
- Created packages in SSIS wif error handling.
- Migrated all teh packages to Test Environment and finally deployed from Test Environment.
- Designed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports in teh SQL Server Reporting Services 2005
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on teh requirements.
- Designed SSRS reports wif sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for teh report and deployed SSRS reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Integration Service, SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL, VB.NET, Windows XP, Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Analysis Services, Toad, MS Excel.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
Business Intelligence / SQL Server Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering, design and development.
- Responsible for Dimensional modeling.
- Analyzed and designed software and database solutions.
- Developed reports using efficient data retrieval techniques.
- Involved in creating views to display only required information and to maintain privacy.
- Created triggers to validate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Created SQL packages, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL commands.
- Wrote several complex T-SQL queries and created constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS application solutions for various business units across teh organization.
- Created SSIS package to transfer data between heterogeneous data sources.
- Transforming and validating data using SSIS Transformations and scheduled SSIS packages.
- Extensively used various SSIS control flow tasks like Loop Containers, FTP, Bulk insert task, Transfer job task etc. and different data flow tasks like Derived Column, Fuzzy lookup, merge join, Multicast, data conversion etc.
- Extensively used SSIS Data Profiler Task to profile target source systems (tables & views)prior to building ETL solutions, which was instrumental in cleaning data for data consistency and designing teh table structures.
- Deployed SSIS packages across various Environments (Development/Test) using configuration files and variables.
- Worked on SSRS Reports, Sub Reports, Data Drill-Down, and Data sorting/grouping.
- Created several types of reports, such as bar charts, line charts and pie charts on data from cubes and SQL Server in Excel.
- Deployedanduploaded teh SSRS reportstoSharePoint Serverfor teh end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Scheduled teh reports to refresh and run on daily, weekly and monthly basis in teh report manager.
- Formatted teh reports using teh Global variables and expressions.
- Developed multi-dimensional databases, OLAP Cubes and data marts using SSAS.
- Experience in using Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX) to query teh SSAS Cubes, identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and in creating Dashboards and Score Cards.
- Involved in performance tuning of cubes, optimization of queries, to improve performance.
- Supported team on performance testing by extending work hours and on weekends.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, OLAP Services, MDX, Share point 2010, MS Access, ASP.NET, XML, Microsoft Source safe, Clear Quest, Export Data
Confidential, Boston, MA
SQL Server Developer/ Business Intelligence
- Created huge Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views and Implemented teh Error handling in Stored Procedures and SQL Objects and also altered existing stored procedures, triggers, views, indexes depending on teh requirement.
- Created Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes for Query Optimization and also involved in tuning teh Stored Procedures.
- Called Complex Stored Procedures in SSIS Packages and SSRS Reports.
- Used Dynamic T-SQL to implement multiple processes wif same code.
- Used joins and common table expressions to simplify queries involving multiple joins.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions based on teh requirements.
- Worked on comprehensive backup and disaster recovery Strategies for SQL Servers.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across teh organization.
- Developed and deployed complex SSIS packages for extracting data from different sources.
- Implemented teh concepts of Incremental Data Load and Slowly Changing Dimensions for updating and maintaining teh history of teh records.
- Designed many SSIS Configuration files that were used to pass parameters from outside teh Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) into teh packages using XML files.
- Experience in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL.
- Worked on DTS/SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export Wizard for transferring data from heterogeneous database sources
- Extracted data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Flat files, Excel Spread sheets and loaded in to Fact and Dimension tables of datawarehouse.
- Created and configured OLAP Cubes (Star Schema and Snowflake Schema) using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Involved in Cube Partitioning, Refresh strategy and planning and Dimensional data modeling in Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Knowledge in creating MDX codes to meet additional needs that are calculated from existing measures.
- Involved in generating SSRS reports for Forecasting Revenues based on teh historical data.
- Created Ad-Hoc, Sub-Reports, Drill Down, Drill Through, Summary and Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Ensured project requirement and delivery wif active interactions wif end users
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), VB.NET
Confidential, Riverside, CA
SSIS/SSRS/SQL Server Developer
- Transferred data from various data sources systems including MS Excel, MS Access, Flat Files to SQL Server using SSIS using. Created SSIS packages and scheduled teh jobs to run automatically.
- Created SSIS Configuration files and logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Created several KPI’s, perspectives, calculated members and used them in teh BI application for analysis and reporting purpose.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Event Handling, Error Handling, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Involved in development, integration and creating reports.
- Created reports such as Drill down, Drill through, Sub-reports and Parameterized Report.
- Used subscription for delivery of reports to intranet company managers.
- Created several SSIS master child packages for loading data from various heterogeneous sources, cleaning data and populating teh data marts.
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specifications for development.
- Created reports out of teh views and developed OLAP cubes.
- Involved in daily data loading using Full and Incremental load into database.
- Created SQL and PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints on various database objects to obtain teh required results.
- Experience in SQL joins, sub queries, tracing and performance tuning.
- Involved in trouble-shooting of reports in Authoring, managing, and delivery phases on multiple servers.
- Maintained Locks and performance of SQL Server.
- Used Notification services to generate error messages and mail them to teh user.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005 (Query Analyzer, SSIS, SQL Profiler), MS SQL Reporting Services 2005, MS Excel, Window XP, Toad.
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and deployment.
- Creating SQL Server stored procedures for clinical databases.
- Tuning and updating stored procedures according to teh requirements.
- Created tables, relationships, constraints and wrote SQL Queries, views for preproduction and postproduction clinical data.
- Maintained teh customer databases and tuning database instances.
- Worked wif all database objects, including tables, cluster indexes, views, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems concerned wif teh databases, applications, and development tools.
- Implementing MS SQL Server Security and database Permissions.
- Worked on Data modeling, normalization, de-normalization, physical database design, and relational data models.
- Design and implementation of Backup & Recovery strategies.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance teh performance of database servers.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows 2003/XP, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio,.Net 2.0 Framework, SQL Server Profiler, SSIS, SSAS,SSRS, IIS, T-SQL, PL/SQL.
SQL Server Developer
- Studying teh business requirements, interacting wif teh client and preparing teh detailed design document.
- Involved in installation and configuration of SQL server.
- Data gathering and importing into SQL Server Database.
- Created database objects like tables, user defined functions and cursors using DDL, DML statements.
- Developed stored procedures and views for managing efficient data retrieval.
- Created and Implemented triggers in T-SQL to facilitate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Used Indexes to enhance teh performance of individual queries.
- Created clustered/non-clustered indexes on tables.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Testing and Tuning SQL query for better performance.
- Evaluate and monitor database performance and carry out maintenance duties such as performance tuning, backup, restoration.
- Analyzed database performance wif SQL Profiler and Optimized Indexes to significantly improve queries.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, DTS, Windows XP, MS Visio 2000, MS Projects 2000.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes