Sql Server Bi Developer/ Nz Developer Resume
- Over 7+ years of IT Experience in Analysis, Database Design, development, Implementation, Debugging and Testing of software applications to support reporting and Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Extensive programming, installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting experience in MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2 and Business Intelligence in SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Experience in Business Requirements Gathering, GAP Analysis, Data Modeling, Development, Testing, Implementations and Documentation.
- Extensive noledge of normalization and relational database management systems.
- Proficient in Logical and Physical database design & development (using normalization, dimension modeling, Data Modeling and SQL Server Enterprise manager).
- Strong experience in creating complex Stored Procedures, Replication, Index, Functions, DTS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements.
- Expertise in Analyzing Query Plans, Using Extended Stored Procedures, Managing Indexes and Locks, Troubleshooting Deadlocks.
- Working noledge in .net technologies ASP.NET, C#.
- Expertise in creating Reports with complex formulas and to query teh database for business Intelligence using SSRS.
- Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Table Reports, Cross - Tab, List Reports, Conditional, Pie Chart Reports, Drill-down, Drill through reports, Group reports, sub-group reports, Adjacent group reports, Total Reports, Sub-total Reports, Grand Total Reports.
- Expertise in Integrated SQL Server Reports with SQL database using views and stored procedures.
- Expertise in developing Reports like Standard parameter Reports, cascading Reports for each and every Departments.
- Experience in developing ad-hoc reports using Report Builder.
- Experienced in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools like SSIS, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Insert, BCP, and XML.
- Expert in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data manually from multiple data sources to SQL server.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduling DTS Packages
- Experienced using in FTP and SFTP servers to upload files.
- Extensively worked in creating and integrating Micro strategy reports and objects (Attributes, Filters, Metrics, Facts, Prompts, etc) with teh data warehouse.
- Created and maintained Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions, resolving deadlocks.
- Experience in MS SQL Server configuration, performance tuning, query optimization, back-up/recovery, running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC. Extensively worked on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects (SDLC) and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- Expertise in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008 Dashboards / Reports.
- Hands on experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2.
- Good Knowledge in Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Highly motivated and a conceptually strong individual with exceptional analytical and design skills.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in technical writing and presentations.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 Windows XP/Vista
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C# .Net, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, Java Script
Tools: /Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Query Analyzer, Business Intelligence Development studio, DTS, Analysis Manager, SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2005/2008, SQL * Plus, aginity Workbench for Netezza 4.1
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Oracle10g/9i, MS Access, Netezza 7.0.2
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, UML
Software: MS Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Ms Excel, MS-Project 2000
Reporting Services: Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Business Objects
Confidential, Columbia, MD
SQL Server BI Developer/ NZ Developer
- Involved in teh completeSoftware Development Life Cycleincluding Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance.
- Developed SQL Server 2008 R2 Databases objects me.e. Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored procedures and Triggers
- Designing and building data load stored procedures, using MS SQL Server.
- Written complex SQL statements using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries and Query expression.
- Written Queries usingT-SQLStatements,Views, User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures,TriggersinSQL Server 2008 R2 for inserting/Updating/Deleting teh data into teh relational tables.
- Has hands on experience integrating Web Applications with SQL Stored Procedures by using SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Design and Build Extract Transform Load processes using SQL Server Integration Services and created teh packages to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and legacy systems.
- Involved in re-design, re-code, and deploy new data extractions using SQL Server Integration Services, and designed and produced documentation of data transformations for all extractions.
- Fine-tuned teh Stored Procedures, Functions and Views for optimum performance.
- Used SQL Profiler and Estimated Execution Plan to optimize queries and Stored Procedures.
- Created SSIS packages for data load and transfer to and from various data sources like SQL Server, Netezza and IBM DB2.
- Scheduling SSIS package Jobs from SQL Agent.
- Analyzed database performance with SQL Profiler and Optimized indexes to significantly improve queries.
- Performed maintenance tasks which includes backup / restore by using SQL Server 2008 R2 using SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Profiler.
- Migration: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Database into Netezza 7.0.2 Database by using SSIS.
- Created and modified teh Mapping documents.
- Worked with NZLoad to load flat file data into Netezza tables.
- Created tables and Views in Netezza.
- Worked with NZadmin to see teh long running queries and their view plan. Identified teh right columns to distribute teh data for a given table.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, SSIS, T-SQL, Netezza 7.0.2, MS-Excel, Windows 7, VS Business Intelligence Tool, TFS, SharePoint, SQL Data Examiner, Ultra Edit, IBM DB2 10.1, Aginity Workbench for Netezza 4.1.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr SQL server BI Developer
- Created SSIS packages for transferring data from various data sources like Oracle, Excel, *.Txt file, *.CSV files.
- Involved in database designing using Normalization.
- Exported reports to various formats like PDF, Word and Excel.
- Involved in security and user role assignment to different reports.
- Created SSIS Packages for import and export of data between MS SQL Server database and others like MS Excel and Flat Files.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load and extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, and data integrity.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Worked on different levels of ETL Loads like Extract Data from Source System to Staging and tan from Staging to load data in Database Tables.
- Converted Non-Unicode data from different databases into Unicode data and move teh data to staging databases.
- Migrated databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008. Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL using Business Intelligence development studio.
- Involved in SSAS Cubes design by creating KPI, Actions and Perspective from huge dataset using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Developed MDX Queries against SSAS cubes to generate reports.
- Studied teh existing OLTP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for teh data mart.
- Created tables, stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers using T- SQL.
- Involved in development and debugging of complex batch T-SQL Procedures and functions.
- Used various Transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Derived Column, and Data Conversion Transformations.
- Responsible for creating batch files and scheduling teh jobs.
- Experienced in analyzing teh Dashboards, including Action Items, KPI’s.
- Involved in analyzing Custom Reports, Ad-hoc Reports by using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in preparing detailed technical documents.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008,SAP ECC, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, SSAS 2008, DTS, T-SQL, OLAP Service, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Profiler, Erwin Data Modeller 7.2, Windows Sever 2000/2003/2008 R2, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
Confidential, Quincy, MA
MS SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, and data integrity.
- Involved in teh tuning of teh existing Database Objects.
- Teh task involved writing a lot of TSQL Code, including use of complicated joins and cursor loops.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views and SQL Joins and other statements for various Web applications, maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Involved in translating business requirements into technical design specifications.
- Involved in managing data sources from other sources to SQL Server.
- Designed and deployed various complex reports using MS Reporting Services.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created and generated reports to display data.
- Used Query Profiler to optimize SQL queries.
- Managing teh Clustered environment databases and was fixing teh errors when they arose.
- Involved in execution and creation of SSIS packages using Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Involved in Deployment and Administration on SSIS packages
- Performed ETL operations to support teh data loads and transformations.
- Developed and designed DTS packages for importing teh data from MS Access and MS Excel.
- Loaded data from flat files into SQL Server 2005.
- Developed and executed several optimized queries in SQL.
- Setup and installation of databases including test, development environments
- Involved in DBA activities such as Backup, Recovery, Performance tuning and User administration
- Developed highly scalable report automation system utilizing SSIS, T-SQL, stored procedure, cursor, Query Analyzer.
- Fine tuning of database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000/2003/NT/XP, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, MS Access 2003, MS Excel 2003, Visual Source Safe 2005 and MS Reporting Services.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Developed complex T-SQL code for teh application.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, DTS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Designed and implemented teh stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Developed SQL Server Stored procedures and DTS packages to extract data from database.
- Implemented constraints on tables.
- Created so many queries, Stored Procedures to integrate with Web Applications.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Created stored procedure for generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Testing of applications for performance, data Integrity
- Database and Log Backups and restoration, backup strategies, scheduling backups.
- Generated reports using MS Reporting services.
- Worked on complex data loading (implemented teh batch data cleansing and data loading).
- Developed stored procedures to transform teh data from enterprise data warehouse to APT data mart to build dimensions and load data to fact tables.
- Created DTS package to schedule teh jobs for batch processing.
- Created indexes, constraints and rules on database objects.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, MS Access, DTS, Query Analyzer, SSIS, SSAS, MS reporting Services, BCP, MS Reporting Services, Windows 2003 Server.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
SQL Server BI Developer
- Interfaced with Business users for better understanding teh reporting requirements.
- Interfaced with teh client as part of teh Requirements engineering team to finalize teh project scope.
- Involved in Database design including optimizing teh database schema, creating database indexes and coding database procedures/queries.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000 DTS packages to SQL Server 2005 SSIS Packages
- Implemented SSIS for data transformation logic process.
- Designing and building data load procedures, using MS SQL Server SSIS
- Extracted data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Flat files, and XML files and Loaded in to Fact and Dimension tables of data warehouse.
- Extracted Data from Various OLTP Databases to OLAP Database.
- Maintain Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules. Monitor connections, locks and performance of SQL server.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers.
- Developed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed reports and Landscape reports.
- Developed Complex reports using SSRS and created a tree view application to view teh recent reports generated and a scheduler to schedule a selected report to be run on a particular date.
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Created datasets using stored procedures and reports using multi value parameters.
- Created sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports.
- Developing a Report as per user requirement using MS Reporting Services
- Published reports as PDF formats.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows 2000/2003, Excel, TSQL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005,SQL Reporting Services, SQL integration services.
SQL Server Developer
- Analyzed business requirements and build logical data models that describe all teh data and relationships between teh data.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in SQL Server 2000.
- Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations. Standardized teh implementation of data.
- Promoted database objects from test/develop to production. Coordinated and communicated production schedules within development team.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access.
- Created and managed new security accounts.
- Backup and restore databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, DTS Designer, MS-Office, Ms-Excel, VSS.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes