Oracle Pl/sql Developer Resume
- Around 8 years of extensive experience in teh IT industry in all phases of SDLC including Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Application Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Experienced in Relational Databases like Oracle 10g, 9i and 8i, MS SQL Server 2000 and MS Access 7.0.
- Around 8 years of SQL and PL/SQL programming experience including packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes and exception handling.
- Experience in Creating Tables, Views, Sequences and Normalization.
- Strong Knowledge of Loading Data using SQL* Loader and PL/SQL.
- Designed and Developed Oracle Forms and Reports. Also performed modification on existing Forms and Reports.
- Extensively worked on trouble shooting, Query Optimization and performance tuning on multiple projects.
- Well versed with UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP UNIX) and Windows Vista /XP/NT/2000/98/95.
- Over 5+ years of experience in writing UNIX Shell Scripts using commands like csh, bash and ksh.
- Experience in creating JIL files and worked on Scheduling Autosys jobs and Control M on multiple projects.
- Experience in Preparing Unit Test Cases, Conduct Unit Testing, Assembly Testing, System Integration Testing and provided support to Business Acceptance Testing and post implementation support.
- Experience in Configuration Management, Release Management Activities and also worked with Change management team for teh final project sign - off.
- Experience in Project Estimation, Preparing Status Reports for teh customer and Preparing Hand shake document for Production Support team.
- Has Experience in TEMPeffectively handling team of 7-8 members in Onsite-Offshore Model.
- Developed Tools to populate Data from Production to Test Environments for Business Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in trouble shooting failed mission critical production systems under extreme pressure conditions and time constraints including emergency code fix.
- Experience in production support model including Batch Support, Data Fix, Analyzing issues and generating Ad-hoc reports to customer.
- Over 8 years of Experience in Insurance Annuity Domain and worked on multiple projects related to Annuity business.
Languages & Technologies: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, Reports, Java (JDK), C, C++, VB.net
Operating Systems: HP Unix 11i, Solaris 10, Windows Vista/XP/NT/2000/98/95 Scripting; Shell Script, Java Scripting and Perl
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000, MS Access 7.0
Packages & Utilities: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat
Config. Management: WinCVS, Clear Case, SVN, Serena Version Manager, MS Visual Source Safe 6.0
Design Methodologies: Erwin, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control M
Other Tools & Utilities: SQL *Plus, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL* Loader, Putty, Telnet, KEA, WS FTP Pro, BMC Remedy 7.6, PVCS Tracker, HP Quality Center
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Has designed teh control file to load data from flat files obtained from various interfaces using SQL*Loader
- Created several UNIX shell scripts according to teh project and client requirements.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to process teh files on daily basis like renaming teh file, extracting date from teh file, unzipping teh file and remove teh junk characters from teh file before loading them into teh base tables.
- Designed and created new Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Generated PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation.
- Developed triggers and audit tables for insert, update and delete on Master Tables for Audit purpose.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving teh data from staging to archive tables once it is processed successfully.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in teh application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on teh tables for faster retrieval of teh data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE and AUTOTRACE.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct teh optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract teh data from teh operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned teh fact tables and materialized views to enhance teh performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving teh performance.
- Extensively used teh advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for teh ease of debugging and displaying teh error messages in teh application.
- Involved in teh implementation and post implementation activities.
- Involved in teh continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Developed a framework for extensible automated production support in PL/SQL
- Wrote larger and complex PL/SQL procedures and functions to efficiently perform complex business logic to summarize data.
- Create spreadsheets and reports using Oracle PL SQL, Toad and SQL.
- Maintained teh system, wrote scripts in Oracle SQL to monitor batch processing to get early warnings incase of wrong data processing.
- Developed Tool to import teh data into development and test environment whenever required
- Prepared test environment for QA team to test teh developed application from end-end
- Developed shell scripts to alert users in teh event of failures and also to automate jobs
- Developed a tool to enable debug features and ability to print messages to screen or DB table or both
- Performance tuned Database Queries.
- Fixed Online Application issues raised by Business with in teh SLA.
- Documented all PL/SQL procedures and user guide for different processes followed in MPS.
- Developed triggers and PL/SQL procedures for automation of jobs scheduling.
- Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed teh slow running queries in production with utilities like Explain and Trace.
- Developed Procedures and creating jobs to automate repetitive tasks.
- Proactively monitored, diagnosed and rectify performance issues.
- Responsible for Database availability (24x7) in good health as per agreed SLA.
- Responsible for engineering high-volume transactional SQL databases by working closely with development team and drive for implement teh new features like Partition, Data compression, and Archival process.
- Expert in Trouble-Shooting Production as well as non-production Environment.
- Supported 24/7 on call support for teh Mission Critical Applications
- Migration of teh modified code through various environments like SIT, CAT and PRODUCTION.
- Involved in SDLC gathering requirements from end users. Developed views to facilitate easy interface implementation and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, indexes, synonyms, triggers, functions, procedures, cursors and packages.
- Worked on concepts of Records, Collections and Dynamic SQL.
- Developed Database Triggers for audit and validation purpose. Used pipelined functions for faster data accessibility.
- Used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance.
- Developed Installation scripts for all teh deliverables.
- Involved in performance tuning on SQL using AUTO TRACE and EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Created and manipulated stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers using TOAD.
- Involved in creating IMPLICIT CURSORS, EXPLICIT CURSORS, and REF CURSORS.
- Created materialized views using different clauses like FAST, COMPLETE, FORCE, ON COMMIT.
- Experience in using various oracle pl/sql collections VARRAYS, NESTED TABLE and ASSOCIATIVE ARRAYS.
- Involved in creating various utility scripts to generate log files in UNIX using shell scripts.
- Involved in migrating database from Oracle 9i to 10g database.
- Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Designed logical and physical data models using Erwin.
- Wrote sequences for automatic generation of unique keys to support primary and foreign key constraints in data conversions.
- Created and modified SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader scripts for data conversions.
- Developed and modified triggers, packages, functions and stored procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data using cursors and exception handling.
- Designed Data Modeling, Design Specifications and to analyze Dependencies.
- Creating indexes on tables to improve teh performance by eliminating teh full table scans and views for hiding teh actual tables and to eliminate teh complexity of teh large queries.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle Hints, for Rule based optimization.
- Created some Custom reports and Forms for teh end users to check teh details and errors.
- Developed and modified a number of Forms for various modules. Also responsible for following up bugs reported by various users and provide fix.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for Data loading and DDL Scripts.
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as QA/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements and data changes.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Worked on database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Modified existing Oracle Forms and Reports based on customer requirements.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and User applications.
- Used SQL*Loader as an ETL tool to load data into teh staging tables.
- Provided user training and production support.
- Improved teh performance of teh application by rewriting teh SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes