Sr. Oracle Pl/sql Consultant Resume
North Brunswick, NJ
- 8 years of experience in designing and building custom applications using Oracle databases and SQL Server tools in UNIX and Windows environments.
- Expertise as an Oracle Developer and experience with Oracle Forms/Reports, SQL, PL/SQL, Open Interfaces and APIs.
- In - depth knowledge of PL/SQL with the experience in constructing the procedures, functions, triggers, cursors, table collections, user defined data type etc.
- Worked on various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Project Requirement Study, high level design, low-level design, Coding, Testing, Quality assurance Documentation, Implementation and Project Planning.
- Performed Key Role in Logical and Physical Database design and development, Normalization and Data modeling for multidimensional cubes using Erwin and SQL Server Enterprise manager.
- Expert in ETL, Data warehousing, Operations Data Store concepts, Data Marts and OLAP technologies.
- Experienced in ETL processes, Data warehousing methodologies and concepts including star schemas, snowflake schemas, dimensional modeling and reporting tools, Operations Data Store concepts, Data Marts and OLAP technologies.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, and delivering business intelligence solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Involved in creating/modifying BI Dash Boards using OBIEE as a reporting tool.
- Expert in using Oracle Export/Import, SQL*Loader and data pump utilities.
- Worked on Crystal Report 2008
- Extensive experience in identifying performance issues, debugging and performance tuning using SQL Trace, Explain plan, Indexing, Hints, Partitioning.
- Proficient in Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.3, PL/SQL back end applications Development Toad, SQL Plus, PL/SQL Developer, UNIX, Perl and working knowledge of UNIX editors, Debuggers.
- Hands on experience with Data warehousing tools, Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Unit Testing, Migration, Conversions, and Process Documentation and robust knowledge in STAR Schema, Snow Flake Schema, FACT Tables and Dimension Tables.
- Worked on advanced PL/SQL constructs like Oracle supplied packages, Nested tables, Varrays, Records, Types, Dynamic SQL and Analytical Functions.
- Thoroughly worked on ETL process consisting of data transformation, data sourcing, mapping, conversion, migration and loading into OLAP systems.
- Very good experience with shell scripting for creating UNIX processes, running background processes and scheduling Autosys jobs.
- Strong knowledge of different Database management and Database administration activities.
- Extensive experience in developing applications using UNIX shell scripts and Perl scripts.
- Very good academic and practical knowledge in JAVA programming language (object oriented programming).
ETL: Informatica Power Center 8.6/8.1.1/7.1.4/7.1.1
Database Tools: SQL Developer 2.0, Toad 9.0, SQL*Plus, SQL*loader,Crystal Report 2008 Erwin, Oracle forms/reports.
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling -Star, Snowflake Modeling, Erwin.
Data Analysis: Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, detail design, data flow diagrams, data definition table, Business Rules, data modeling, Data Warehousing, system integration, and team building.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, IBM DB2 UDB 8.0/7.0, MS SQL Server 2000.
Environment: Windows Xp, Red Hat Linux, Unix, Sun Solaris.
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Java
Sr. Oracle / Data Warehousing Consultant
- Involved in developing detailed designs based on business and system requirements.
- Created low level database designs necessary to fulfill the request within existing system constraint.
- Created Database and Application level Triggers, Stored procedures, Sequences, Views and Synonyms.
- Designed and implemented batch processes with PL/SQL and optimized the existing PL/SQL packages for faster retrieval, transactions and updates of online and bulk processes.
- Assisted in design of tables, databases, forms, and reports connected forms with Oracle forms/report developer and other applications.
- Analyze the database schemas involved and develop approach for accessing and updating data as required.
- Choose best fit technology and solutions to meet requirements
- Performed detailed code review of all the requirements of the peers to ensure normal implementation.
- Maintained and enforced coding standards.
- Extensively used logical modeling and physical modeling to create database objects like table’s relations, and PL/SQL & data process flows.
- Involved in coordination between development teams, business analysts, QA, internal stakeholders, vendors and the Production support organization.
- Worked on SQL Tuning, Query Optimization Techniques for complex SQL Statements.
- Design of User Interface form for reports to provide user with a selection criteria, and built Triggers to handle various parameters of the Interface form in Reports.
- Direct interaction with users and helped in the development of functional specifications.
- Customization of Oracle forms & Reports (crystal reports 2008) based on the user requirement, Understanding the business logic to modify existing SQL Code and Performance Tuning, indexing, table partitioning.
- Involved in developing logical and physical database using Erwin, Normalization, Dimension Modeling and Enterprise Manager.
- Converted data from various excel and access files using SQL*Loader and PL/SQL scripts and extensively fine tuned SQL queries written in procedures/functions at the back end.
- Used Oracle features like Global Temporary tables, Analytical functions, and Table functions.
- Designed and developed Business Intelligence reports and dashboards using Oracle Enterprise Edition BI Answers and BI Interactive dashboards.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to invoke all the stored procedures, parse the data and load into flat files.
- Writing UNIX Shell Scripts to automate load process, Scheduling batch jobs in Crontab.
Environment: SQL*Plus, SQL Developer, Oracle 11g, Sun Solaris UNIX, Forms 5.0, ErwinSQL* Loader, Crystal Reports 2008,Oracle Forms and Reports.
Confidential, EXTON, PA
Oracle / Data Warehousing Consultant
- Gathering the functional requirements from users and converting them into Technical requirements to get sign-off by architect before the execution.
- Created logical, physical data models, and built data marts in the data warehouse using Erwin tool.
- Analyzed data quality, worked in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
- Managed the Metadata associated with the ETL processes used it to populate the Data Warehouse.
- Analyzing performance of database objects and suggesting DBA for Indexes, schema gathering, partitioning, explain Plan.
- Created and maintained Oracle Database Objects like tables, views, materialized views, indexes, constraints, sequence, synonyms and database link using SQL.
- Designing and modifying of Database tables, keys, indexes, triggers, packages, functions and stored procedures etc.
- Used the Business Intelligence Developer Suite (BIDS) to design, develop and reverse engineer SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report projects, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) ETL projects
- Created partitioned tables, partitioned indexes for manageability and scalability of the application.
- Developed Database Triggers for the integrity and security purpose.
- Participation in reviewing code and ensuring testing, facilitate code delivery to production environments.
- Knowledge on system configuration for the database PL/SQL applications.
- Actively involved with DBA for deployment of objects to production environment.
- Reorganized databases and sized database objects to meet standards and improved performance by 30%.
- Created Purge process to remove data older than the requirement.
- Used SQL*Loader to load flat files and created log tables containing data with discrepancies.
- Performed data analysis and generated reports for the senior management for their use in taking strategic decisions.
- Extensively used Transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup, Expression, Router, Aggregator, Joiner and Sequence generator.
- Data modeling included dimensional models using capabilities for multidimensional Cubes and Hierarchies.
- Developed simple & complex mappings using Informatica to load Dimension & Fact tables as per STAR schema techniques.
- Developed automated notification of Emails, using UNIX shell script, to the users in case of failure in the process from time to time.
Environment: SQL*Plus, SQL Developer, Oracle 10g, Sun Solaris UNIX, Forms 5.0, Erwin, SQL* Loader, Informatica Power Center 8.6/8.1,OBIEE 10.1.3.2.
Confidential, North Brunswick, NJ
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Consultant
- Responsible in requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of any enhancements in the application.
- Involved in maintaining and updating the procedure for ETL process.
- Extensively involved in writing and managing PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages to meet the business requirements and update the existing objects based on change requests.
- Created and maintained database objects like tables, views, materialized views, synonyms, procedures, functions and database triggers to meet the business requirements.
- Optimizing the performance of Cubes, and Reports.
- Extensively used Informatica Client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Developed many Reports using different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, and Column Selector), Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities, charts, tabular using Dashboard and Page Prompts.
- Modeled the Data Warehousing Data marts using Star Schema.
- Coordinate with the front end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures, packages and the necessary data.
- Provided knowledge transfer to other team members about the new technology and allocation of tasks to the team.
- Written UNIX shell scripts to automate processes like data load and sending notification mails.
Environment: SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Oracle 9i, UNIX, Erwin, SQL* Plus, Informatica power center, Oracle Forms, OBIEE.
Oracle PL/SQL / SQL Server Developer
- Involved in requirement Analysis, Review, Design and Developed ETL files to get data from staging tables and batch files, transform that data and load into the fact tables and data marts to populate parallel and attribute changes reports.
- Developed conceptual model to capture business requirements & present on MS Visio.
- Wrote PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and Functions to implement the business rules and to generate the attribute corrections and parallel comparison reports.
- Created SQL*Loader control files to load data from external flat files to oracle.
- Used reverse-engineering on JAVA codes from legacy system and re-wrote them in PL/SQL for the purpose of data comparisons.
- Development generic PL/SQL module for new parallel comparison reports and modified existing PL/SQL comparison reports.
Environment: SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL *LOADER, SQL*Plus, Sun Solaris, Red hat, Oracle Forms and Reports.
PL/SQL / SQL Developer
- Worked on analyzing the systems and gathering of requirements.
- Documented business requirements and translated them into system solutions and developed implementation plan and schedule design changes.
- Implemented Data Warehousing-Star Schema Design.
- Developed stored procedures and packages using PL/SQL to check differences between Source and Target.
- Involved in designing and development of data warehouse environment.
- Involved in implementing star schema for the data warehouse for Logical / Physical Data Modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling.
Environment: SQL*Loader, Oracle, UNIX, Windows XP, SQL Developer, SQL* Plus, Toad.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes