I am a Microsoft Certified SQL Server Database Administrator and seeking a SQL DBA position to an organization that will allow me to utilize and develop my academy education and experiences and skills.
- 6 years of Database Management experience in different environments
- Excellent in customer service or clients support
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Excellent ability to work with team and quick learner
- Development and maintenance of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Attention to detail
- Proven record of liabilities and responsibilities
- Excellent organization skills
- Skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experiences and Skills
- Strong knowledge and working experiences as Database Administrator of MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012
- SQL Server Upgrade to later version
- SQL Server Database Migration one server to another.
- Strong working experience and knowledge with SQL Server Log shipping,
- Database Mirroring,
- Performance Tuning,
- Database Backup/Recovery,
- Query Optimization
- Security Management
- SQL Server Configuration manager
- Reporting Services Configuration manager
- SQL Server Management Studio SSMS
- Enterprise Manager EM
- Activity Monitor
- Query Editors
- Query Analyzer
- SQL Profiler
- Database Tuning Advisor DTA
Third Party Tools
- Toads for Data Modeling
- Spotlight for Performance Monitoring
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2003
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8
- Stored Procedures
- Performs all duties as assigned and necessary.
- Capacity Planning for Servers and Databases
- Install Configure SQL Server 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005 in development, test, and production environment.
- SQL Server Database Upgrade from 2005to upper versions
- SQL databases Migration into different MS SQL Server platform
- Exported and Imported databases and database objects using Export/Import Wizard Copy Database Wizard
- Very good understanding for manage, implement and optimize Relational database design
- Create/ Implement database users, implement privileges, grant user permission, and perform auditing.
- Establish and maintain sound Backup and Recovery policies and procedures
- Experienced with Point-in-Time Recovery
- Strong experience on database Monitoring and Performance tuning
- Scheduled jobs to automate different activities such monitoring database health, disk space, job alert, index monitoring, stats monitoring and so on
- Used DBCC to check database conditions, fix database corruption, rebuild indexes and other database Maintenance purposes as well
- Understand T-SQL, Trigger, and Stored-Procedures, functions
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services SSIS
- SSRS: Install configure Reporting Services SSRS
- Deploy Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers to production databases
- Create Views for Developers to maintain database security
- Maintain and update documentation
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Database Mirroring.
- Snapshot and Transactional Replication
- Configured Log Shipping as Standby database from Production database for Reporting purposes.
- Support Multiple IT, cross functional team, and Business Unit
- Performs and recommends capacity planning and management of database environments.
- Responsible for the overall configuration management of the database technologies, including database installations, upgrades to new product releases and the installation of service packs.
- Apply patches for Systems and SQL Servers.
- Provide ongoing support for designated applications and databases.
- Experience with SQL Server Upgrade to later version
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all Database system.
- Monitors and analyzes database performance, producing reports and recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Performs database tuning for diagnosing issues and optimal database performance.
- Manage security procedures for specific user, user applications, access to secure databases.
- Manages backup and recovery of the database, including establishing standards and schedules for database backups, developing recovery procedures for each database and ensuring that the backup schedules meet recovery requirements.
- Provide technical direction for Logical/Physical database design, maintenance, and administration.
- Review developer SQL queries and stored procedures for optimization and security purposes
- Used DBCC to check physical and logical consistency of databases
- Working experience with T-SQL, Trigger, Function, Indexes, Constraints, File File Group.
- Implement and Configured Log Shipping from Production to Standby Server Running as Reporting Server
- Experience with ODBC Connection
- Implement and Configured Database Mirroring for High Availability solution.
- Export Import data from Oracle Database, MySQL, and Access Database including flat files like text, excel.
- Write and maintain database and application documentation, including data standards, procedures, definitions for the data dictionary and logical and physical models of the databases.
SQL Database Administrator
- Performed capacity planning for SQL Server Instance Database.
- Installed and Configure SQL Server 2000, 2005 2008R2 in development, test, and production environment
- Experience in Operating System, Windows Server 2000, 2003 2008 .
- Experience with SQL Server Upgrade to later version
- Migrated databases within SQL Servers in test and production environment.
- Identify and address database performance issues and capacity issues.
- Strong experience in operational monitoring and management of databases to ensure maximum uptime and performance, Monitor Servers activity.
- Tune and solve performance problems.
- Experience SQL Server Error Log, space usage, DBCC Command,
- Write T-SQL and Stored-Procedures. Assist SQL developers to optimize SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Strong working experience in backup, restore and recovery procedures. Scheduled jobs
- Strong working experience Maintenance Plan.
- Export Import Databases.
- Experience with Data Modeling: Designed Logical Physical Database, Backward Forward Engineering.
- Involved in creating and modifying tables, Index Cluster/Non-Cluster , Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers
- Rebuild Servers Restore Recovered from tape/CD backup from backup
- Configured Log Shipping from Production to Standby Server Running as Reporting Server
- Configured Database Mirroring
- Writing documents for Server and databases