- ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS in OLTP and Data warehouse Environment.
- Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Very Good Understanding and Experience in SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS and SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- SQL Server 2008 OLAP database development including KPIs, Data mining, working with changing dimensions.
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 RDBMS database development including T-SQL programming.
- Working Experience on SQL 2000/2005/2008/R2/2012 including DTS, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development and experience Microsoft BI Tools.
- Around 8 years of IT experience in the Analysis, Administrating, Design, Development, Implementing and Testing Client/server application using Microsoft SQL Server and BI suite.
- Created complex DTS Packages in SSIS for Data Migration from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets to SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 and Transformation.
- Experience in Designing Dimensions, Data Aggregation and Storage design of Cubes, measures with Star schema and Snow-flake schema using SQLServer Analysis Services SSAS .
- Expert in performing ETL operations using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading ETL data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP utility, DTS and SSIS services.
- Expert in designing complex reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad-hoc reports using SSRS.
- Experience in defining Queries for generating drill down and drill through reports in SSRS 2008.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing and troubleshooting SQL Server, and have excellent communication and analytical skills, understands business requirements in various domains.
- Experience in developing Life Cycle using Agile Methodology.
- Databases : MS SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, ORACLE
- Database Tools : MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, SSIS, DTS, SSAS, OLAP, and BIDS
- Development skills : T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Languages : COBOL, CICS, JCL, MVS, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SSAS, OLAP, C, C ,
- Reporting Packages : SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel
- Tools/Methodologies : MS Visio, MS Project, SQL Profiler, MS Office
Role: SQL Server Developer/SSIS/ BI developer
- Created several prototypes using MS Access.
- Developed several data mapping documents and data mining SSIS transformation documents according to protocols.
- Created Queries in T-SQL, tables and stored procedures, and Views to store the data of clients using SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Developed Report Models in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS in Business intelligence development studio BIDS of Visual Studio 2008.
- Wrote different complex SQL queries including inner, outer join and updated queries.
- Developed reports for payment and BI Count to show organizational and seasonal comparison.
- Created several SSIS jobs and packages and executed those tasks.
- Developed DTS packages to extract, transform and load into the database from OLTP database using SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services SSIS .
- Creation and scheduling of Maintenance plans database and log backups and cleanups , DTS to SISS package conversions. Business Intelligence package design. Created tables and performed data imports and restores for successful migration.
- Loading data to the destination base tables.
- Involved in Data scrubbing/Cleansing/Validating/Translating and scheduling SSIS packages.
- Developed windows schedule tasks for different data pulls and directly populate data to SQL Server by creating several ODBC connections.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various DTS /SSIS packages.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2008 R2 and also Upgraded the existing database to SQL Server 2008 R2.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Management studio, Visual Studio 2008, XML, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , Windows Server XP.
- Created tables, indexes and constraints.
- Created complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers, joins and SSIS/DTS packages.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000 DTS packages to SSIS 2005.
- Developed SSIS 2005 Packages to migrate data from Oracle, Access, flat files and Excel into SQL server 2005 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations.
- Performed complex SSIS ETL operations to validate, cleanse, transform and load data to data warehouses.
- Worked with SSIS Variables, Scripting, event-handlers, package configurations and deployment.
- Configured Database Mail for sending automatic emails when a SSIS package is failed or succeed.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SSRS.
- Developed Parameterized, Drill-down, Drill-through, Sub-Reports and Charts in SSRS.
- Developed Stored Procedures for parameterized, drill-down and drill-through reports in SSRS.
- Formatted reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Created dashboards using Performance Point Server, combining scorecards and reports generated in SSRS, PPS, and Excel Services.
- Configured Report Model for developing ad-hoc reports by the end-users.
- Uploaded reports on to the report manager and organized them into folders.
- Involved in Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Automate and enhance daily administrative tasks, including space management, object alteration, backup recovery and performance monitoring.
- Assisted in the application development, debugging, configuration, and optimization from database perspective.
- Involved in implementation of replications like Snapshot and Transactional.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, PPS, T-SQL, ETL, Excel, Visual Studio 2008.
Role: Software Test Programmer Bilingual
- Participating in reviews with Team members. Manual testing was done to check the functionality of the application.
- Developed functional and GUI Test cases. Prepare the Test data as per client requirement. Tracked the results and reported the system defects and bugs.
- Involved in preparation of test reports. Developed test scripts for the requirements.
- Involved in Regression testing, System testing, Integration testing and Batch Testing.
Tools and Technology: Windows NT, C program, DB2, WinRunner 4.0.
Role: SQL Server Developer
- Designed and created SQL Database, tables, indexes, and views based on user requirements.
- Created User Defined Functions, cursors, and Triggers.
- Created used stored procedures for database transactions in SQL Server.
- Created tables, views, clustered non-clustered index, user defined data types and functions.
- Developed stored procedures and views for managing efficient data retrieval.
- Wrote various Stored procedures for the purpose of application development
- Developed backup restore scripts for SQL Server as needed.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Used multiple join statements to retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Worked in the team for gathering and analyzing the needs of end user requirements.
- Worked in enhancing the bug/issue tracking system used by the entire team, to produce flexible reporting with respect to the life cycle of an issue.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005 Enterprise Edition, MS Access, MS Excel, DTS, SQL Profiler, PL/SQL.