Possesses over twenty years in the IT industry as an application developer/analyst with extensive experience in providing production and application support. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable interacting with peers and managers at all levels.
Operating Systems: Windows NT / 2000, Novell Netware, UNIX
Languages: PowerBuilder v2.0 to v12.5 , SQR, SQL, PL/SQL
Software: Oracle 8i, Sybase 9/10, MS SQL Server 2000 - 2008 , PFC 11.5
Applications: Customer Care Toolkit proprietary , MS Office, MS Project
Energy Trading Apps: GASMAN, GTS, Altra GMS Caminus , Epsilon Sungard
- The client owns a chain of dental practices that are all connected by a large Powerbuilder 12.5 application running on SQL Server 2008.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements to Powerbuilder 12.5 application.
- Maintain and develop SQL Server 2008 stored procedures and triggers
- Developed several new screens and processes pulled from a backlog of enhancement requests submitted by the user community.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements to 3 legacy Powerbuilder 9.0 applications
- Maintain SQL Server 2008 stored procedures and triggers
- Currently migrating the applications to Powerbuilder 12.5
- Performed maintenance on several small Powerbuilder 9.0 applications with an Oracle 8i backend. Some of the corrections included fixes to Oracle stored procedures.
- Brought in to build a new system from the ground up to replace the client's existing Powerbuilder application.
- Using Powerbuilder 11.5, PFC 11, and SQL Server 2008, built 95 of all datawindows, windows, reports, and stored procedures.
- Regularly interfaced with client personnel to resolve issues and gather additional requirements
- Moved access of the application to the web using Appeon for Powerbuilder.
- Performed all releases and builds to the Production environment including release notes.
- Resolved several showstopper issues with Appeon which resulted in maintenance releases from this vendor.
- Responsible for applying Powerbuilder maintenance EBFs when necessary.
- Regularly used SQL Server 2008 Management Studio to move data between databases and assign appropriate permissions to tables and stored procedures.
- Successfully completed first 2 phases of the project which resulted in a feature complete product ready for commercial sale.
- Currently preparing for migration to Powerbuilder 12
- Provide technical analysis, development, on-call support, and maintenance of applications used to manage a railroad transportation management and EDI system. Tools included PowerBuilder 6.5 and 10, SQL 2000, MS VB6, MS Visual Studio 2005, proprietary issue tracking system, Crystal Reports 7.0, Sterling's Gentran:Server for Windows 5.1.
- Work with client and users to analyze the business requirements and recommend solutions.
- Spec and code modifications to existing application code in PowerBuilder.
- Develop test cases and write test plans.
- Compile, prepare, and deploy software releases.
- Manage updates of industry reference data files.
- Manage updates of industry EDI standards data mapping.
- Hired on to aid in the completion of a large project for the Veteran's Administration.
- Built datawindows to house large medical forms using Powerbuilder 11.0 .
- Learned and began to build ASPX pages using HTML and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Responsible for translating data elements on a medical form into XML.
- Built and maintained a process in SQL Server 2005 that parsed values out of an XML string in to a Powerbuilder datawindow and then pushed the data into a MS Word document.
- Became the informal interface between the users and the technology group to clarify requirements.
- Provided production support for an existing Powerbuilder 9.0 application
- Developed enhancements to that application based upon new user requirements
- Gathered and documented all user requirements for a new system involving the management of cash flow for large pipeline construction projects
- Developed a thorough understanding of the overall business of my user group
- Created the functional and technical design for the application
- Designed the structure of all database tables and defined the relationships between them.
- Performed most programming tasks in the construction of the application.
- Written multiple Database stored procedures and query programming using T-SQL
- Was later asked to lead two additional developers when the scope of the project increased.
- Provided technical support to my user group for many non-Powerbuilder related issues no problem was left unsolved
- Provided troubleshooting assistance for a new PeopleSoft implementation when several critical issues remained unsolved