SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Self-motivated and diversely skilled Information Technology IT professional with 10 years' experience in developing, deploying, and training of various software and web solutions looking for new challenges both personally and professionally in supporting the Confidential and Cyber Warfare missions with core competencies in the following areas:
| || || |
- Operating Systems: Windows 3.x, 95, 98, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7 2008 R2 , MS-DOS Linux Red Hat, Ubuntu BackTrack
- Databases: MSSQL Server 7, 2000, 2005 2008 , mySQL 4x 5x Microsoft Access
- Enterprise Applications: eEye Retina Network Security Scanner, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager SCCM , EMC Smarts and CITS/USAF NetCOP Monitoring Solution, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, Microsoft Internet Information Services IIS 5, 6 7 BMC Remedy 6.3 - 7.6 Flavors: CITS eTANG, AFMC ITCentral 6.3, WPAFB 7.1, Hill AFB 7.6 AFNET EITSM 7.x
- Desktop Applications: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Reader etc. , FTP/PFTP/SCP software PuTTY , Microsoft Office 2000, 2007 2010 , VMware Workstation 7.x DISA Defense Connect Online DCO
- DoD IA Tools: DISA Vulnerability Management System VMS , Security Content Automation Protocols SCAP , Gold Disk STIG Security Technical Implementation Guides Viewer
- Reverse Engineering Applications: SoftICE, OllyDbg, IDA Pro, WDASM32, Hex Workshop, WPE Pro TCP/UDP monitoring app. , Wireshark, Regmon Filemon
- Responsible for performing network security monitoring, event analysis, remediation, incident escalation and impact/trend analysis on vulnerability scan results for over 150,000 network devices across Air Force Materiel Command AFMC on NIPRNET and SIPRNET utilizing eEye Retina Network Security Scanner, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager SCCM , custom PHP web tools and MSSQL jobs.
- Actively assist in implementation, development and enforcement of security technologies and policy as it pertains to Department of Defense DoD Information Assurance IA best practices and standards.
- Command Cyber Readiness Inspection CCRI experience Det 3 assists all AFMC IA Officers in preparation of their yearly base inspections.
- Analyze and communicate security risks associated with systems or practices performed.
- Review and recommend security safeguards and configurations.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols .
- Designed and implemented the 83 NOS Det 3 VA Web Reporting Tool. Due to limitations in Defense Information Systems Agency DISA Vulnerability Management System VMS , specifically the lack of reporting options and the inability to archive and analyze previous month scan results we are required to manually archive and process VMS reports using a 3rd party Visual Basic application known as Valiant. Valiant has been an excellent tool, but suffers from the same issues as VMS in that it does not archive previous month scan results and is also limited in filesize when compiling data sets from all of AFMC Roughly 150,000 network devices . This lack of archiving functionality and filesize barrier when using Valiant creates too many manual steps when researching or building trend analysis reports at the I-NOSC level. By archiving and automating much of the data mining process I drastically reduced the total number of man-hours involved when compiling detailed reports for IAO Information Assurance Officers and military leadership.
BMC Remedy Administrator
- Served as the technical lead for the 83 NOS Det 3 EITSM Remedy 7.6 Incident Change migration efforts into the AFNET.
- Provided assistance and oversight for all 83 NOS Det 3 information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, web strategy and operations.
- Provided input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Developed custom applications using a variety of platforms BMC Remedy, IIS PHP/HTML etc. for improving and automating daily operations.
- Successful migration of AFMC Remedy 5.x-6.x to the AFNET EITSM 7.x platform decommissioning of all legacy Remedy environments. This was a 3 month effort that involved migrating roughly 3,000 user accounts to the new platform, while providing hands-on training to all Det 3 and AFMC personnel.
Software Engineer/Database Administrator DBA
- Served as Application Support Team Lead to software developers within the 83rd Network Operations Squadron NOS Detachment Det 3.
- Provided Tier-2 3 technical support for BMC Remedy Incident Change , PHP/HTML websites, mySQL, and MSSQL Server to over 4,000 customers across AFMC.
- Developed dynamic web-based solutions leveraging Microsoft IIS and BMC Remedy to support operations within the 83rd NOS Det 3.
- Provided BMC Remedy 6.3 and CITS Enterprise Tracking and Notification GUI eTANG admin support to the USAF 83rd NOS Det 3, Air Force Office of Scientific Research AFOSR , Eglin Network Control Center NCC , Mesa Help Desk and general AFMC customers.
- Performed database administration functions for SQL Server and mySQL.
- Provided briefings to general officers relating to network connectivity anomalies and web security events observed within our environment.
- Developed and implemented Common Access Card CAC authentication techniques for various internal Det 3 web applications.
- Improved efficiencies at the AFMC NOSC by designing, managing, and maintaining the following web applications: Boundary Exception System BES , Proxy Exception System PES , Notice to Airmen NOTAMs Creation Tool, Forward Schedule of Change FSC , Boundary Auditing System BAS , USAF 1146/265 Change Request forms and many other database driven applications.
- Conducted regular training with support staff on efficient and effective toolset utilization.
- Collaborated with application developers and system administrators on various problems, best practices and policies.
- Conducted risk assessment against proposed system changes to determine impact to infrastructure.
- Ensured compliance with Time Sensitive Network Orders TCNOs , Time Compliance Technical Orders TCTOs , NOTAMs, and Air Force Instructions AFIs .
- Streamlined the AFMC NOSC NOTAM creation process via web application that utilized user permissions and workflow logic. This tool saved several man-hours per notice by automating much of the NOTAM process by automatically sending notifications to targeted distribution lists and automatically posting the notices out to the AFMC NOSC web site upon digital approval through the web-driven workflow.
Help Desk Support Technician
- Provided Tier-1 phone support at the Air Force Materiel Command AFMC Network Operations and Security Center NOSC for IT related issues across AFMC MAJCOM 140,000 users .
- Authored TCNOs, SEC4Ns, UEC4Ns and IC4Ns for distribution across AFMC Command.
- Maintained ISO 9001:2000 operational policies and procedures pertaining to AFMC NOSC Help Desk operations.
- Tracked and organized TCNOs, Security Incidents SIs and Classified Message Incidents CMIs across AFMC.
- Generated TCNO/SI metrics and briefings for management to aid in the operational decision making process.