- Competent, analytical candidate with extensive and progressive experience in the design, development, and management of business applications. In-depth understanding of data modeling and ER design.
- Adaptable, quick learner with more than 15 years of professional experience in an IT environment and corporate business working with teams demonstrated excellence in project management and leadership.
- Excellent written skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Database Management Skills: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, XML, Query Performance Tuning, T-SQL, Data Flows, Scripting Custom Components, Reporting Services, Package Deployment/Management, SQL Server 2008 Implementation, Error Logging Handling, Advanced SQL Querying Programming
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, and Business Intelligence Development Studio
Software/Hardware: MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services SSIS , MS SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services SSRS , IBM Mainframes, OS
Experience: COBOL, COBOL II, MICROFOCUS COBOL, DB2/SQL
Exposure: IMS and CICS
Training: Database Management, Access 2007, COBOL, JAVA, VB.Net Visual Basic Studio 2005 , ASP.Net 2.0 Visual Basic Studio 2008 , HTML/XHTML, XML
SQL MASTER'S PROGRAM/WORK-STUDY EXPERIENCE
Advanced SQL Programming
- Created numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlated sub queries, CTE's and XML techniques for diverse business requirements. Tuned and optimized queries by altering database design, analyzing different query options, and indexing strategies.
SQL Database Design and Implementation
- Analyzed the business requirements and systematically designed a database for an online-movie DVD/Blu-Ray rental company working as a team. Employed best practices in creating a complete schema including tables, relationships, stored procedures, views, clustered and non-clustered indexes and triggers, and implemented the import and export of data using XML and SSIS. Implemented a nightly maintenance and backup job. Created various reports according to the business requirements for the movie rental company in a team-oriented environment.
- Individually authored, installed, deployed and managed reports using SSRS for a library database.
- Individually designed a bank application according to business requirements, and implemented robust stored procedures, functions, and triggers to implement required functionalities.
- Created an ETL solution that reads Product, Vendor, and Order data from. CSV files on a network share into a SQL Server database. Solution validated incoming data and performed notifications when jobs complete. The order data thus loaded into SQL Server and was used to generate reports using the new SSRS 2008 reporting functionality including the Tablix control . Reports were set up for automatic delivery based on standard report subscriptions.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
- Enter all transactions, pay bills and other disbursements using Shelby Systems Software
- Reconciliation of complex accounts payable purchase orders, receipts, and invoices
- Reconciliation of credit card accounts and other general ledger accounts
- Insure compliance regarding taxes and government requirements such as W9's and mileage reimbursement requirements
- Author and maintain clearly written sets of accounting procedures
- Process and post weekly contribution deposits cash and checks to the appropriate member account ensuring reconciliation of the batch
- Process contributions via online checks, credit cards and ACH payments, and post to the appropriate member account ensuring reconciliation of the batch
- Produce quarterly and year-end statements of member contributions
- Assist members with questions regarding their contributions
- Backup for payroll processing from timesheets to ACH deposits and printed checks
- Perform month-end closing procedures
- Assist with year-end closing procedures and producing reports for external CPA audits
- Interface with vendors, members, and senior level management in communicating and resolving issues
- Family owned company providing Mainframe Consulting, Web Development, and Web Hosting.
- Responsible for Mainframe Consulting, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable using Quickbooks Pro.
Collected business requirements performed analysis for enhancements to package CIS system
- Gathered user requirements for designing enhancements to IBM's CIS package Meter Reading and Service Order systems
- Wrote functional and technical specs for programming the interface design
- Using COBOL II and DB2, coded, unit tested, and debugged interface programs
- Worked with users to system test interface programs make final changes
- Involved in implementation and initial maintenance of new CIS system
Conversion Team Lead
- Supervised/lead team of 7 people maintained team schedules, guided system design, and programming accuracy
- Heavily involved in analysis and design of programs needed for CIS conversion billing, consumption history, receivables, and payment plans
- Involved in coding, unit testing, and debugging of COBOL II and DB2 programs
- Involved in system testing and preliminary runs of the Conversion programs testing for accuracy
- Designed, coded, tested, and debugged Masterfile Applications customer information, promotions, patterns, and the list system
- Applications used EASEL as a GUI front-end, hooked to MICROFOCUS COBOL programs on the workstation, then COBOL II, DB2, and IMS programs on the mainframe.
- Using ADW design tools, completed design and analysis of the Batch Billing System Meter Readings, Calculation of Usage Metered, Non-Metered, and Measured , Creation of Estimates, Exception Processing, Retract/Rebilling, Pricing, and Bill Print
- Used COBOL II, DB2,and MICROFOCUS COBOL to Code, Unit test, debug, and system test programs
- Responsible for upgrades to existing annual report programs Batch COBOL
- Conversion Team Lead for 6 people of an 18 person team responsible for schedules, system design, and problem solving for the team
- Responsible for analysis and design of the modules needed to convert Meter Readings, Meter Info., Usage Calculation, Payment Plans budget, low income , Receivables, Charges, Bill Imaging
- Coded, unit tested, debugged COBOL II and DB2 programs. Confirmed our programs worked together, produced the expected results, and could run in the 3 day window allotted
- Coded upgrades to DCIS system using IDMS/ADSO
- Analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, on data conversion team
- Converted IMS/COBOL billing system to DB2/COBOL II, keeping 2 years of historical data
- Coded IDMS dialogs for a Customer Information System
- Converted an electric DCIS Distribution Construction Information System to gas DCIS
- Using IDMS/ADSO and batch COBOL, performed coding, testing, debugging and implementation
- Sole responsibility for an on-line Fuel System. Analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and implementation of IDMS/ADSO dialogs for tracking fossil fuels needed by power plants
- Maintenance team for Payroll and Accounts Payable systems using COBOL and CICS batch programs