I started at Certified Marketing Services on breaks from college doing Customer Service and working in the warehouse. Once I graduated from SUNY Oswego, I landed a job as a Software Developer with them, learning the business from the back-end and moving towards an engineering leadership role. After they were acquired by Market Force MFI , I moved into Production Support. I was able to leverage my knowledge of the industry and technology to help MFI become an amazing company. I then moved to the SPAR Group once they acquired the Merchandising and Auditing part of MFI.
I take pride in my ability to quickly and effectively adapt to changes while assuming many different roles, communicating well with members from every faction of a company and providing analytical solutions to internal and external clients.
After Spar acquired the Merchandising and Auditing business from Market Force, they needed to quickly adapt their current platform to handle the new business models. I successfully presented my solution of a new application suite to the VP of IT, COO and other key players utilizing mockups of interfaces and an in-depth knowledge of the product. I was given the go-ahead to head up the project as lead developer. I develop using C .Net, MS SQL and Visual Studio.
Senior Software Developer
Using the Agile development process, I helped to maintain and improve existing software while also taking on roles to help innovate their products and internal operations. I used a variety of languages including but not limited to VB and C ASP .Net, MS SQL, VB6, Visual FoxPro and Classic ASP.
- - Leveraged 3rd Party Crowd-sourcing platforms by running pilot program to reduce Photo Quality Control costs, reduce turnaround time and increase project scalability.
- - Assumed Scrum Master and Lead Developer roles for operational management software platform that manages 60,000 contractors, metrics for 100 employees and projects that bring in over 3 million in revenue annually. Using Rally, I groomed the backlog of User Stories and managed regular Iterations while working closely with the Product Owner to determine the best direction of the team's development efforts. I ran daily Scrum meetings with a team that spanned the country including users, QA, Developers and management.
- - Took lead developer position to develop reporting platform for major Movie Studios
- - Initial Product Development for new innovative Quality Control tools
- - Trained others and helped shape the engineering team into what it is today
Information Systems Intern
Developed a database for inventory of Web related accounts Amazon.com, Barnes Noble.com, Borders, Books-a-Million, and Alibris . Performed troubleshooting on existing systems and procedures. Oversaw revisions to daily operations aimed at improving efficiency. Created PowerPoint aimed at non-technical staff as instructional guide to system management.