- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in database development and IT Solutions that include experience in design, development and implementation of complex data delivery systems using MS SQL Server technology
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 with OLTP/OLAP and Business Intelligence delivery using SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Hands on experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) like gathering requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of projects before moving to production.
- Worked on Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experience in developing the applications using T-SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Extensive knowledge and Experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors.
- Strong experience with ETL tool in Mapping, Transformations, Expressions, lookups and Aggregations.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB Connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Good Experience in creating Master Child Packages in SSIS and in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis using SSRS.
- Skillful in Creating, Managing, Delivering SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Experience in Migration of SSRS reports from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Adept in designing Stylish Report layout and having Proficiency with drill down reports in SSRS 2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Experience in using variables, expressions, functions for the reports and in handling Parameterized reports in SSRS 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Developed Dashboard Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) , Report Model and Ad Hoc Reporting using Report Builder.
- Generated reports in various formats like Table format and Matrix format using Reporting services (SSRS).
- Experience in writing sub reports and parameterized Queries for generating reports in SSRS 2008.
- Versatile in BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration/Analysis/ Reporting Services etc.
- As a key player in the team with strong interpersonal and communication skills, explored and contributed the technical expertise as and when needed by the team
SQL Server Tools: Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server 2012, 2008,SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
Database: MS SQL Server 2008R2,2008,2005, 2000, 7.0, MS-Access
Language: C , C++, T-SQL, VB.Net, HTML
Operating System: Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, Windows Server 2003
Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2005,Share Point Server 2007, Microsoft Project Server 2007, ProClarity, Team Foundation Server (TFS), AtTask
Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, OLTP
Reporting Tools: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Worked for Financial Operations data quality team to validate
- Created Stored Procedures, Common table expressions, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic .
- Created appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency .
- Involved in creating, building, deploying and executing the SSIS packages .
- Developed dynamic SSIS packages for I ncremental Data Loading.
- Used query optimizer to enhance the ETL architecture performance
- Created SSIS package to get data from different sources consolidate and merge into one single source.
- Used the SSIS ActiveX script task, look up, cached look up, Fuzzy group transformations and data flow tasks.
- Created package configuration using environment variables.
- Used power pivot for massive data analysis
- Involved in fine tuning queries and stored procedures using Sql Profiler and Execution plan in Sql Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, Team Foundation Server(TFS), SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), T-SQL, VB.Net, ASP.Net
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Responsible for tuning T-SQL procedures, triggers and other database objects
- Fine-tuned and checked the performance of existing objects in SQL Server and implemented transactional logic for them
- Designed and Developed Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types
- Actively involved in Normalization & De-normalization of database
- Materialized views, dimensions and stored outlines for optimal performance
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Created packages to load data from various sources like Flat File, Excel and OLEDB in SSIS 2008 R2
- Have deployed packages on different servers by using package configurations.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, and Cross Tab reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Queries for generating reports in SSRS 2008 R2.
- Developed drill down, drill through and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008 R2
- Created Subscriptions, Data driven subscriptions and managed security for reports on SSRS Report Manager
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc and static reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) from BIDS.
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the data warehouse using star schema.
- Worked with Meta-Data Driven SSIS Packages to pull the data from different Sources and load to Data mart.
- Experience in designing a database design strategy and database for optimal performance.
- Designing and Optimizing Database Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2008 Advanced Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint 2007, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin