- Over Seven years of experience in MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 in Database Development and Database Administration (DBA).
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Actively Participated in Data Modeling (Physical Design and Logical Design) & Performed Normalization and De-Normalization of Databases.
- Proficient in Data Modeling using ERWIN Data Modeler and MS Visio.
- Extensive knowledge in Installation, Upgrade and Configuration of MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in Database Mirroring in order to provide Automatic Failover as well as Manual Failover. (SQL Server 2005/2008).
- Expertise in testing, implementing and managing Log Shipping used for MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 Databases.
- Experience in Database administration activities like Backup, Restore & Recovery, Database Security, Database designing and Query optimization.
- Monitoring SQL Server Logs to ensure the backup operations, batch commands, or other scripts and processes have completed successfully.
- Extensive experience in providing High Availability Hardware Solution like Failover Clustering.
- Experience in implementing and managing Transactional, Merge and Snapshot Replication Models.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, creating Roles and managing user Permissions, Resolving Blocks and Deadlocks.
- Experience in Data extraction using SQL Server Integration Services (SQL Server 2005, 2008).
- Experience in providing excellent 24X7 Production Support.
- Sound Expertise in Data Migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Experience in Tuning SQL Queries & Improving the Performance of the Database using DMVs, SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Performance Counters for monitoring the performance of MS SQL Server.
- Documented Disaster Recovery Plans and Participated in Disaster Recovery Drills.
- Experience in implementing RAID 1-5 & 10 Technologies.
- Worked with Popular third party Monitoring solutions like Quest Foglight, Quest Spotlight and IDERA Diagnostic Manager.
- Experience in monitoring the Disk Usage and the Memory Usage of the servers.
- Substantial Knowledge on SQL LiteSpeed a Back Up solution for MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in working with Change Control Process.
- Experience in working with Reporting tools like Crystal Reports and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Vast experience in configuring Alerts using SQL Mail and DB Mail.
- Experience in working with Version Controlling Tools for managing SQL Scripts and Database Builds.
- Well Organized and highly motivated with Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to perform individually as well as in a Team
C, C++, T-SQL,HTML, UML
MS SQL Server 2008, 2005, 2000
MS Visual Basic
Microsoft .Net Framework
MS OLAP Services Manager
Data Modeling Tools
Erwin Data Modeler 3.0, 4.1, MS Visio
Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2003 Advanced Server
IDERA Diagnostic Manager, Quest Spotlight, SQL LiteSpeed, Crystal Reports
- Extract, Transform and Load the data with SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Generate reports using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- SQL Server Migration
- Setting up Log Shipping in MS SQL Server 2008, 2005 and 2000
- Setting up Replication on Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2005 and 2000
- Setting up Database Mirroring in 2005 and 2008
- Setting up Active/Passive, Active/Active Clustering
SQL Server DBA
- Actively involved in Data Modeling and performed Normalization (3NF) of Database.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Entity Relationship Diagrams with MS Visio.
- Created Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions.
- Installed and configured 2-node Cluster Configuration (Active/Active and Active/Passive) in SQL Server 2008.
- Responsible for managing instances on Cluster Server and tested the failure of clustering services.
- Created Logins, Groups, Users and Roles as and when required for the application team and gave appropriate permissions to these logins.
- Checked for database consistency, used DBCC commands for fixing errors, Monitored error logs, Database Space Allocations and Transaction Log Space Allocations.
- Involved in Migration of Production Database Servers from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Configured Transactional Replication for a mission critical Application between Primary Server and two Read only servers.
- Tested and implemented Database Mirroring Solution for Production critical application in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008.
- Created documentation to install SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 & developed SQL Server Maintenance Plans.
- Designed and documented a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Designed new Clustered and Non Clustered indexes apart from rebuilding and reorganizing existing indexes to increase SQL Server performance.
- Performed Partitioning of Tables to achieve better performance for access and writes.
- Created Test and conducted Performance Tuning on SQL Server databases using DMVs, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Successfully resolved Deadlocking issues in order to get optimal performance.
- Assisted Development Team in deployment and tested the application which uses SQL Server as backend.
- Performed Database Backup and recovery using SQL LiteSpeed.
- Enforced Policy Based Management at Database Level as well as Table Level.
- Monitored all jobs and alerts by setting up Database Mail.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS), SQL LiteSpeed
SQL Server DBA
- Tested and implemented stored procedures, tables & views in SQL Server 2005 from Test Environment to Production Environment.
- Implemented Database Standards and Naming Convention for the Database Objects.
- Implemented Transactional Replication for Customer Application between Primary Server and three Read only Servers with separate Distributor Server and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
- Created Documents for Transactional Replication and Production Change Requests.
- Managed Replication and Database Modifications for replicated objects.
- Developed and Implemented Backup and Recovery Strategies involving complete Database Backup/Restore & Transaction Log Backup/Restore.
- Supported troubleshooting as required, Optimized Performance and Resolved Production Problems.
- Monitored the database and alerts from Quest Foglight Application.
- Tested and Implemented Log Shipping as one of the High Availability Solution for SQL Server 2005.
- Checked and Updated Database Statistics and Re Indexing.
- Used BCP Utility to publish table output to text files.
- Automated and enhanced daily administrative tasks including space management, object alteration, backup & recovery and performance monitoring.
- Involved in Data Security by Maintaining and giving granular permissions to Users / Login with appropriate roles, dropping and locking logins, monitoring user accounts, creation of groups enforcing the Password Policies and by creating proxy accounts.
- Monitor Daily SQL jobs, Event logs, Error Logs and Performance of the Database.
- Investigated and resolved SQL process issues using various SQL commands.
- Used Microsoft Visual Source Safe for change control of the database objects.
- Generated Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked in 24 x 7 Production Environment.
Environment: Quest FogLight, SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), MS Visual SourceSafe.
SQL Server DBA
- Involved in Migration of Production Database Servers from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Migrated data from Data Transformation Service (DTS) Packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created jobs and alerts for monthly and weekly maintenance.
- Created Triggers and Maintained Referential Integrity depending on User Requirements and converted them into Technical Specifications.
- Installed SQL Server 2005 SP2 on Test and Production Environment.
- Performed Database Optimization, Performance Monitoring and Index Tuning.
- Performed Implementation of Replication between production Servers.
- Executed various DBCC Commands for checking consistency and system performance & fixed data corruption in application databases.
- Daily monitoring of the database performance and network issues using Quest Spotlight Application.
- Implemented Database Mirroring in Development and Production Environment in SQL Server 2005.
- Ensured that SQL Server database jobs are updated accurately and regularly.
- Created various reports using Crystal Reports after performing Data Analysis on the various Data Views available.
- Identified and resolved user login and permission problems.
- Implemented AWE / PAE Switches for SQL Server to grab more than 4 GB RAM.
- Developed and Documented DR procedures and Change Control Processes.
- Created new databases and performed database capacity planning.
- Responsible for Planning and administrating Database Integrity.
- Provided 24 x 7 Support.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server 2000 (x64 edition), Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), Data Transformation Service (DTS), Quest Spotlight.
SQL Server DBA
- Redesigned database architecture with the help of Microsoft Database development group and internal staff to increase application concurrency and performance.
- Implemented the database objects like Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Administrated the MS SQL Server by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups.
- Involved in Data Modeling using Erwin Data Modeler Tool.
- Implemented Log Shipping in SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005.
- Implemented Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2005
- Implemented Transactional Replication for populating reporting database.
- Development of automated daily and weekly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, database integrity verification.
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Triggers and maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Provided 24 X 7 support to SQL Application Developers in implementing the applications on Production Server.
- Worked with SQL Server Profiler to generate traces.
- Designed the Logical and Physical databases and development of SQL Server Database.
- Managed access control of operational and developmental application system databases.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2000, Erwin Data Modeler
SQL Server Developer / DBA
- Involved in entire life cycle including Database Design, Development, Testing, Optimizing and Deploying on Development and Production Servers.
- Importing and Exporting of the Database using DTS utility.
- Created Backup Plans and scheduled them for execution.
- Monitored production server’s activity.
- Involved in various stages like Development, System Analysis, and Design for new application.
- Wrote SQL Scripts such as finding tables that have Identity Columns, finding tables that do not have primary key.
- Worked to create Software Requirement Specification (SRS) document.
- Managed and resolved design issues during development.
- Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views or any other database objects.
- Administered the MS SQL Server by creating User Logins with Appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the User accounts, creation of groups, granting the Privileges to users and groups.
- Developed and coded applications in T-SQL.
- Created documentation for error resolving fixtures.
- Wrote, tested and documented Program Code and implemented program.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003.