- SQL Server Developer with over 7+ years of experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementing and Testing, Administrating Client/Server applications using Microsoft Technologies.
- Expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence Services like SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services and designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Extensive experience with all phases of SDLC methodologies to define business and technical requirements and specifications.
- Working knowledge on Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between homogenous and heterogeneous sources using SSIS packages.
- Expert in working with SSIS for creating packages to transform data from different OLEDB Provider like DB2, MS Access, Flat File, Excel and automate the ETL.
- Experience in working with SSRS, designing different types of reports like Parameterized Reports, Cascading Parameterized Reports, Drill down Reports, Drill through Reports, Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Sub Reports, and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Expertise in Creating and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, Checkpoints and User Defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Proficient in the SSAS storage and partitions, aggregations, defining hierarchies, calculation of queries and developing reports using MDX and T-SQL.
- Experience in deploying complex packages from development to production environment using proper package configuration.
- Experience in working with Normalization/De-normalization, data design methodology and building Referential Integrity for the relational Database Model implementing as per business requirement.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, applying Kimball’s methodology, designing Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables.
- Working knowledge in Creating Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User Profiles using Transact SQL.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and project oriented team player with excellent communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)
MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000, Oracle 8i,9i/10g, MS Access 97/2000, DB2
T-SQL, C#, ASP.NET
Data Modeling Tools
MS-Visio, Erwin 7.2/4.5, Visual Studio
Windows server 2003,windows 95/98/NT/4.0/2000/XP, Windows
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Role: SSIS, SSRS and SQL developer
- Written complex queries, created Stored Procedures and user defined functions for reports.
- Redesigned and tuned stored procedures, triggers, tables, UDFs, views, recursive CTEs, indexes and was successfully able to increase the performance of the queries.
- Designed different type of reports like Parameterized Reports, Cascading Parameterized Reports, Drill down Reports, Drill through Reports, Tabular Reports, Sub Reports and Matrix Reports.
- Designed, Managed and Published various reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Used dynamic SQL extensively in T-SQL increasing usability of code and also used dynamic queries to create parameterized and cascading parameterized reports.
- Created and designed reports based on query parameters and Report parameters.
- Experienced in nested Grouping, sorting columns and writing expressions according to the business requirements.
- Experience in setting report parameter properties. Determining whether parameters are single or multi valued, visible at runtime and set the default values in the run time.
- Deployed reports into the reporting server and opened through Viewpoint application.
- Worked on Converting Crystal reports to SSRS reports in SQL server 2008.
- Created Jobs using sql server agent to automatically run the stored procedures in scheduled time.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used various Transformations such as Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Conditional Split, and Derived Column Transformations in the SSIS Packages.
- Optimized packages minimizing use blocking transformations, adjusting buffer size, parallely executing packages in control flow, and using proper event handing, loggings and check points.
- Worked on de-bugging package execution using break points in control flow and data viewer in data flow.
- Monitored packages using audit, loggings and custom loggings of several events.
- Mostly used XML package configuration in packages making easy to move into production environment.
- Used Deployment Utility to effectively deploy the ETL Packages from Development to Production Environment.
Role: SSIS and SQL Developer
- Key role in team of 4 in brining 2005 SQL database environment to SQL 2008R2 by migrating, converting and re-writing DTS packages and updating them to SSIS packages.
- Extensively worked on Data Flow tasks like Foreach Loop Container, Execute process task, Transfer SQL Server Objects task, Transfer Jobs task, Transfer Logins task.
- Worked with SSIS packages involved FTP tasks, Fuzzy Grouping, Merge, and Merge joining, Pivot and Unpivot Control Flow Transformations.
- Used SQL Server Package Configuration technique to make Dynamic configurations.
- Used Text Files/ SQL Server Logging for all SSIS packages.
- Worked and assisted on the conversion of ICD-9-CM codes to the ICD-10-CM codes and back to ID-9-CM and ensured the consistency in the national data is maintained.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created On demand (Pull) and Event Based delivery (Push) of reports according to the requirement.
- Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
- Extracted Data from various Heterogeneous Databases such as Oracle and Access database, DB2, flat files to SQL server 2008R2 using SSIS.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse and data marts.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Worked with various SSIS packages which involve Transactions, Restartability and roll back techniques.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails when SSIS packages fails or succeeds.
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Created User Defined Functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long running SQL queries using indexing strategies and query optimization techniques.
- Schedule the packages to keep extracting the data from OLTP at specific time intervals.
- Responsible for rebuilding the indexes and tables as part of performance tuning.
- Monitored performance and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Used SQL Server Agent for scheduling jobs and alerts.
- Configuration and Deployment of all reports across various SDLC environments.
- Deployed the packages to production using XML package configuration.
Confidential, Conway, AR
Role: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Developer
- Performed System study and Requirements Analysis, prepared Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Data Diagrams and Table Structures
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL Server 2008
- Migrated data from 2005 to 2008
- Installed SQL Server 2008 and Management tools using SQL Server setup program
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures and used them to build Packages
- Involved designing and developing packages for a Data Warehousing and Data Migrations projects using Integration Services (SSIS) on different Data Sources
- Extracted data from Oracle, Flat Files, Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and Loaded into the target Data Warehouse using SSIS (SQL Server 2008)
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, SQL Server, Excel, OLEDB and Access to SQL Server
- Developed Complex Queries in T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Views with best execution plan
- Developed SQL Scripts for pre-calculated aggregates, summaries and user specific calculations
- Handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data
- Responsible for optimizing all Indexes, SQL queries, Stored Procedures to improve the quality of software
- Designed, reviewed and created primary objects (views, indexes and etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints
- Involved in designing and developing cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data
- Identified Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Metrics for Business needs in SSAS 2008
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building and testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008 and in adding calculation using MDX
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Database engine tuning advisor for performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts
- Documented all the new procedures, troubleshooting issues and solutions, Enhancement and changes in daily and monthly running processes and maintain the database for future reference
- Created User Defined Functions, Triggers, Indexes Designed and developed various service management reports, utilizing dynamic and cascading prompts, sub-reports, charts, formulas, parameterized reports, navigation reports and dynamic reports using SSRS
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Role: SSRS and SQL Developer
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Generated database monitering and data validation reports in Proclarity and SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Created Datawarehourse Cubes in SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS).
- Deployed SSIS packages and Reports to Production Servers.
- Upgraded databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Responsible for the design and development of .Net web applications for firm's Solutions.
- Migrated data using ETL Tool in SSIS.
- Maintained system monitoring jobs and provide high availability support.
- Created partition table for very large database for good performance.
- Worked on Migration of packages from DTS using SQL Server Reporting Service(SSIS).
- Participated Databases Architecture and data Modoling design.
- Performing DBA functions, installing, configuring and supporting database systems.
- Reported all events and requirements through established reporting mechanisms in SSRS.
- Fully supported change management procedures.
- Reviewed and developed data models and database designs with development teams
- Wrote store procedures for some job automations.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL and DTS/SSIS
- Designed and developed OLAP using MS SQL Server Analysis Services
- Designed and developed MS SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) under SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
- In charge of converting data using SQL Server 2005 using SSIS
Confidential, Hyderabad, India
Role: SSIS, SSRS and SQL Developer
- Developing T-SQL queries, triggers, functions, cursors and stored procedures.
- Responsible for logical and physical design of SQL Server databases.
- Alter the schema for the required objects.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Created views to restrict access to data in a table for security.
- Expert in extracting data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Performed Bulk data migration using DTS and SSIS from flat files.
- Designed and optimized all the SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages to Export data from text file to SQL Server Database.
- Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for report generation and also included report parameters.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Implemented full and differential backups and also created and managed DB objects.
- Make recommendations for File group Creation and Placement.
- Scheduling backups and automating weekend maintenance tasks.
- Created users and roles for login authentication and validating permissions.
- Administering MS- SQL Server, performing day-to-day tasks such as Database tuning by checking indexes.
- Upgraded SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Assisted developers in tuning Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions over performance issues.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, T-SQL, DB Artisan, MS Reporting Services, Management Studio, Query Analyzer, Windows 2003/2000 Server, Oracle 9i.