- Around 7 years of IT experience in SQL Server Database Design and Development (SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005/SQL Server2008) Extensive experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle in different environments like Finance, insurance, engineering and Information Technology.
- Excellent knowledge in the database concepts, Design, tables and relationships, SQL query writing.
- Hands on experience with scripting in T-SQL in constructing Triggers, Tables, User Functions, Views, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries, and Data Integrity, Optimized Indexes and Statistics in relation to reporting data model.
- Extensive experience as SQL Server Developer in utilizing Triggers, Cursors, Functions, DTS Packages and Stored Procedures.
- Expert in creating complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and effective Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data integrity.
- Performed data conversion from different data sources using SSIS packages
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task
- Deploy SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent
- Experience in various Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) tasks using SSIS including tools like BCP utility, DTS and SSIS 2005 / 2008 Packages with proper control & data flow elements.
- Hands on experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), integrating different kinds of databases, applying transformations, and deriving the desired data according to the requirements.
- Experience in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using MS SQL Server DTS and SSIS.
- Experience in creating packages, Jobs, Sending Alerts using Send Mail. Used Microsoft Source Safe for version control.
- Extensively used Report Wizard, Report Builder and Report Manager for developing reports and deploying reports in SSRS
- Expertise in report writing according to the business requirement in SSRS.
- Expert in creating SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2008 in designing stylish report layout parameterized, performance, Chart Reports, ad-hoc reports.
- Strong knowledge of installing, creating and managing reports using SQL Server 2005/2008SSRS, Ad- Hoc Reports.
- Knowledge in creating, deploying, processing and maintaining Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in SQL database design, architecture, data modeling using Erwin; Data Warehousing and analysis skills: ETL tools, MDX, OLAP (MOLAP, HOLAP, and ROLAP), dimensional modeling, star schema and snowflake schema.
- Worked on SSRS Reports using SQL Server cubes.
- Imported SSAS Cubes data into Excel
Confidential, SEATTLE, WA
Role: MS SQL / SSIS / SSRS Developer
Description: Confidential based subsidiary of T-Mobile International Confidential. It provides wireless voice, messaging, and data services in theConfidential, Puerto Rico and the Confidential under the T-Mobile, MetroPCS, and GoSmart Mobile brands. The company operates the fourth and fifth largest wireless networks in the Confidential market with 45 million customers. Its nationwide network reaches 96 percent of Americans.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Wrote complex T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF), Database Triggers.
- Performance Tuning for existing T SQL code to retrieve the data faster.
- Extensively utilized SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to build Data Integration and Workflow Solutions, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for Data warehousing application.
- Re-Designed existing SSIS Package to add new requirements to the workflow.
- Experience in creating Jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and schedule SSIS package using SQL SERVER AGENT.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Planned the complete Back-up of various Databases for Disaster recovery scenarios.
- Created reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012.
- Wrote the queries for the drill down reports.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions as per the business requirement.
Confidential, GRAFTON, WI
Role: SQL SERVER BI Developer
Description: Confidential is one of the nation's leading oral health companies. It administers dental benefits for over 14 million people across the country, and improving oral health in 23 states and the District of Confidential through its highly effective prevention-focused initiatives. The Extracts and Interfaces team provides the company with quality Database development and maintenance services to handle huge customer data.
- Had thorough understanding of highly normalized/back-end intensive data model.
- Developed and created logical and physical database architecture using ERWIN.
- Designed, coded and tested several T-SQL Queries using Joins, Indexes, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Views.
- SQL Performancetuning by modifying SQL or adding/changing indexes.
- Created and developed DML Triggers for auditing purposes.
- Migrated old data from MS Access and Excel into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading to SSIS 2008.
- Loaded Historical data from Legacy System into SQL Server 2008.
- Migrated DTS packages into SSIS and VB.NETActvieX Scripts into C#
- Experience in Error and Event Handling using Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging using SSIS 2008.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages for loading data to star schema.
- Developed custom ad-hoc reports by using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created various reports using SSRS such as Drill down Reports, Parameterized Reports, Linked Reports and Sub Reports apart from generating Ad-hoc Reports.
- Performed Unit Level Testing and Integration TestingSSRS Reports
- Deployed the report developed on to the Report Server, assigned Security Roles and used Data-driven Subscriptions to email the reports to a dynamic list of subscribers using Report Manager.
- Developed various financial reports using SSRS2008.
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- Designed and developed the data access layer using C#, ADO.NET and SQL Server 2008.
- Used DBCC commands to check physical and logical consistency of the databases and Rebuild indexes.
- Worked closely with Application Developers and Business Analysts to produce all required documents.
Role: SSIS/SSRS Developer
Description: Confidential insurance products and services to the full spectrum of enterprises all around the world—from large, multinational, and mid-sized companies to small businesses, entrepreneurs, and non-profit organizations, and also offer a variety of services worldwide including crisis management, captive management, and global loss prevention.
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from different data sources, reformats the data and load the reformatted data into destination tables.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages from excel/flat file sources to database.
- Responsible for deploying/scheduling SSIS packages as per schedule.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Published migrated data using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS Wizard (Data Transformation Services) Tool through data flow tasks, look up transformations and script tasks.
- Experience in Error Handling using TRY and CATCH blocks and performance-tuning using counters in SSIS.
- Experience in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Back end Experience in MS SQL Server development, writing T-SQLstored procedures, views, triggers, cursors, UDFs.
- Developed, Prepared Unit Test documents for all SSRS reports.
- Developed several stored procedures to handle large amount of data manipulation.
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Developed Cascading Reports for Employee Reports, Ad-hoc Reports using Report Builder, SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005/2008
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Performed Unit and Regression tests for Developed Reports and Deployed into the Server
- Involved in Business requirement gathering, Technical Design Documents, Business use cases and Data mapping.
- Developed Reports
- Knowledge in creating multidimensional cubes using the SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Responsible for creating a trace to identify and analyze the Poorly Performing Queries Identified by Profiler in SQL Server 2005.
- Experience with monitoring, identifying and troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues using SQL Server Performance monitor, profiler and Performance dashboards
- Experience in Creating and deploying various Reports using SSRS
- Migrated DTS packages into SSIS packages as part of 2005 upgrade. Understood VB.NET code and Converted into C#.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Role: Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
Description: The Confidential and its affiliated companies have remained faithful to their commitment to produce unparalleled entertainment experiences based on the rich legacy of quality creative content and exceptional storytelling. The Confidential, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with four business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment and consumer products.
- Installed, upgraded and migrated databases from Oracle database to MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Created business process diagrams defining current business processes.
- Performed system study and requirements analysis, prepared data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, data diagrams, and table structures to store the data.
- Created new logical and physical design of database to fit new business requirement and implemented new design into SQL Server 2005.
- Designed ER diagrams and mapped the data into database objects and performed normalization of the database in OLTP.
- Created SQL scripts to insert/update and delete data in MS SQL database. Created database tables, wrote stored procedures to update and clean the old data and also helped the front end application developers with their queries.
- Created T-SQL queries for schemas, views, stored procedures, triggers and functions for data migration. Involved in the project from planning stage to pushing codes to production.
- Generated reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Developed ad-hoc reports, drill through reports, drill down reports, parameterized reports, and other report models using MS SQL Server 2005 SSRS.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL profiler and index tuning advisor.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails on errors and developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Used business object tools to develop reports and accessed, formatted, and delivered information to large populations of users.
- Used SSIS to transform the data intoData Warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to import and export data from Excel, Xml and Text files and transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Designed and created different ETL packages using SSIS and transferred data from Oracle source to MS SQL server destination.
- Worked in the design, development, and maintenance of OLAP cubes
- Developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, charts, synchronized queries, and created star schema in SSAS to develop ad-hoc reports for the clients as per their requirements using SSRS in MS SQL 2008.
Confidential, Scranton, PA
Role: SQL Server Developer
This project is all about integrating into a centralized database with dynamic design and user friendly web application, to keep track of Direct Bill Payments and Commissions from various Clients across the nation. Process involves data entry and verification of Payments, Commissions, Journal Entry, Unpaid Policies verifications. The application and the database were in two different servers.
- Extensively involved in interacting with the business users and gathering the requirements for the data warehouse.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple heterogeneous information sources (Oracle & DB2).
- Worked with different methods of logging and error handling in SSIS.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Involved in Database Administration, Management using RDBMS such as SQL Server under WINDOWSenvironment.
- Designed and developed the classes using C#.Net, ADO.NET, XML for database connectivity
- Designed and developed MS SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) under SQL Server 2005
- Created ad-hoc reports, drill down, and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to author, manage, and deliver both paper-based and interactive Web-based reports.
- Analyze historical trends, identify issues and analyze root cause on ProClarity Dashboard.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Involved in migration ofSSRS from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
- Building UAT and Test environments using Production backups.
- Maintained system monitoring jobs and provide high availability support.