- Over 8 years of professional experience in SQL Server database development, Banking (Financials/ Mortgages), Medical and Retail sectors as a SQL server Developer that includes Database Design and Development
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing tables, triggers, user defined functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Substantial knowledge throughout Database development for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & OLAP Systems (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) using SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 .
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in creating reports through PROCLARITY. Used PROCLARITY for accessing and analyzing cubes and dimensions.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP utility, DTS and SSIS services.
- Extensive ETL experience using DTS/SSIS for Data Extractions, Transformations and Loads.
- Proven ability in generating Drill down and Drill through reports with Drop down menu option.
- Well aware of SDLC procedures, Change control methodologies, problem management and escalation procedures.
- Experience in MS SQL Server configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery, running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- Substantial practical knowledge in scripting T-SQL queries, complex stored procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF), Database triggers.
- Expertise in configuring and creating SSIS solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence Process for Data Integration and Migration services.
- Expertise in Microsoft Integration Services SSIS (Control Flow tasks, Data Flow tasks, Transformations, Database administration tasks)
- Has a very good experience in creating SSIS packages to manage SQL server databases and SQL server objects between instances of SQL server.
- Extensive knowledge of Designing, Developing and deploying various kinds of reports using SSRS using relational and multidimensional data.
- Hands on experience in designing complex reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports.
- Expertise in creating Perspectives, Partitions and Design Aggregations in cubes using SSAS.
- Expertise in creating Dashboard Reports to support end users using SSAS.
- Experience throughout developing OLAP cubes using SSAS for data mining and created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS and Report Builder 3.0.
- Proficient in building Star schema and Snow Flake schema depending on business requirements.
- Proficient in working with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX).
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional.
- Efficiently helped in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including Analysis, Design, Programming, Testing and Documentation
- Good Knowledge of SQL Server 2008R2/2008.
- Strong in Writing User Manuals, Documentation, Proposals and in preparing Technical Specifications for the projects/Products.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , 7.0, MS-Access.
Front End: MS Visual Basics 6.0.
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, Clear Case.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Data Transformation Services.
Data Modeling: Erwin r7.3/7x/4.0, MS Office Visio 2003/2007
Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT, Windows 95/98/2000 XP/Vista/7/8, Unix.
Methodologies: Logical and Physical Database Design, Star Schema, Snow Flake Model, UML, Database Design and Normalization.
Role: SQL Server/SSAS/SSIS/SSRS Developer
Confidential is the premier national provider of transaction services to the mortgage and finance industries. Confidential delivers valuation, title and closing and flood services to mortgage originators; end-to-end subservicing to mortgage servicers. It is the industry’s leading, single-source provider for home equity mortgage transaction services.
- Used the SSIS to migrate databases such as Oracle and SQL Server database, flat files to centralized IT destination.
- Involved in Developing, Monitoring and Deploying SSIS packages and successfully created dynamic configuration packages in SSIS.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, archive data file from different DBMSs using SQL Enterprise Manager/SSMS on SQL Server 2000/2005 environment, and deploy the data. Used Event Handlers for Exception Handling in SSIS packages.
- Used SSIS transformations and data conversion to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Generated reports on health information, account information, research reports using Ad hoc reporting to be used by the clients and advisors.
- Identified and worked with multivalve parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Created Queries in T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Clusters and Views to store the data of clients, advisors.
- Pulling the data from T-SQL stored procedure to make the parameterized reports.
- Extensively worked on source data from Flat file source systems, SQL server source systems.
- Involved in Developing, Monitoring and Deploying SSIS packages and successfully created dynamic configuration packages in SSIS.
- Created User Defined Functions, Triggers to store data into appropriate tables as and when data arrives and created indexes to the tables that have least updates to improve the query performance.
- Efficiently utilized the Merge Join in SSIS and Merge statement to populate the data warehouse from a source database which provides efficient and granular level of control.
- Performed Data profiling tasks In SSIS (ETL) using the Data Profile Viewer and then clean and standardize the data as appropriate for the Databases.
- Conducted the Error handling in SSIS (ETL) using the Event Handlers.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev., Test and Production Environments.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that took longer execution time.
- Responsible for ETL operation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008/2008R2 and Worked with users in training and support and also have experience in incremental data loading.
- Managed up gradation of DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and deploying SSIS 2008R2/2008 packages.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails when a SSIS packages is failed or succeed.
- Created many complex Stored Procedures/Functions and used them in SSRS Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
- Scheduled, maintained, and supported the distribution and access to reports at Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008, SQL SSIS, SQL SSRS, T-SQL, Oracle, Visual Studio 2012, .NET(C#, VB), Windows Server 2012, MS Office 2010. SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, ERWIN.
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Role: SQL BI Developer
Confidential is a state/federal program that pays for medical and long-term care services for low-income pregnant women, children, certain people on Medicare, individuals with disabilities and nursing home residents.
- Extensively used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Designed complex T-SQL queries, user defined functions; stored procedures and triggers followed by thorough analysis and testing of those database objects before deployment to the production server.
- Created new SSIS package to extract date from legacy to SQL Server Objects using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and Visual studio 2008.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev., Test and Production Environment and extracted the data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Employed many Slowly Changing Dimension methodologies to maintain and update historical data.
- Implemented data warehouse design principles and best practices for maintaining dimension and fact tables.
- Created script task to perform specific ETL jobs by using C#.
- Designed and generated OLAP cubes. Built reports, dashboards and scorecards on OLAP cubes.
- Modified and maintained cube Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding Aggregations to Cube.
- Designed and developed various complex reports such as Drill down, Drill Through, Cross Tabbed using SSRS. Stylishly designed layout like Pie charts, Graphs and Linked Reports.
- Generated Parameterized Reports and cascaded Parameterized Reports.
- Executing data validation stored procedures in SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and performance tuning of Stored Procedures and T-SQL Queries.
- Involved in Deployment and Administration on SSIS packages with Business Intelligence development studio.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance by analyzing the execution plan of the report.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and Scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing.
- Created a cube using multiple dimensions and modified the Relationship between a Measure Group and a Dimension, created calculated members and KPI’s, using SSAS.
- Created Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS 2008.
- Worked on up gradation of Database from SQL Server 2008 to 2008 R2.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2005.
- Developed Report Models for building Ad hoc reports using Crystal Reports. Developed optimal stored procedures and queries to create data sets for reports.
- Worked on variety of types of chart reports such lines, columns, bars with both 2D and 2D views in order to display cumulative totals based on day to day requirement.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL , SSRS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2005,
Confidential, DALLAS, Texas
Role: SQL Server Developer, SSRS/SSIS/SSAS Developer
Confidential Worldwide is a leading independent execution, clearing, settlement and technology firm servicing the global financial services industry. It provides a range of solutions to help service the customer and expand the business.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions.
- Managed index statistics, Tables, Views, cursors and optimizing queries using execution plan for tuning the database. Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Used Try catch and @@error for exceptional handling.
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL Profiler, Data Engine Tuning Advisor and index tuning wizard.
- Designed Star schema (identification of facts, measures and dimensions) and Snowflake schema.
- Developed logical and physical data models using data modeling tools such as Erwin and ER/Studio
- Used Active Directory for Identity management designed to provide strong authentication and authorization for internal and external websites.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-through, Drill-down, Cross Tab Reports and Sub-Report using RDL.
- Created queries for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008/2005.
- Formatted the SSRS reports using the Global variables, expressions and Functions.
- Used the SSIS Import/Export, migrated the Heterogeneous Database such as Oracle and Access database, flat files to SQL server 2005.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2005 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Identified and defined Fact relationships in SSAS.
- Involved in development of ASP .NET / C# / SQL Server web application.
- Configured replication servers and transactional replication between production & standby server for disaster recovery.
- Configured Snapshot replication for reporting, user acceptance test and development servers.
- Responsible for providing 24X7 Production support, Database and Log Backups & Restoration, Scheduling Backups. Backing up master & system databases and restoring them when necessary.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters. Monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
- Implemented and successfully tested Log Shipping in SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. Experience using REDGATE to compare and synchronize all database objects.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise Edition, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS , SQL Server 2005 Partitioning .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Oracle 9i/ 10g, Visio 2003, MS IIS, Windows 2008 Advance Server, XML, MS Excel, Access and Visual source safe.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Role: SQL Developer
- Created reports to retrieve data using database code objects, such as Stored Procedures, views, functions and multiple T-SQL queries.
- Included Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Performed extract, transform, and load (ETL) data into the repository and Created Complex Stored procedure, Functions, Views, and Indexes for the Logic package.
- Developed data access queries/programs using SQL Query to run in production on a regular basis and assists end users with development of complex Ad Hoc queries.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Formatted the report layout for the requirement of the end users and deploy the developed reports on to the server for the end users.
- Involved in project planning, scheduling for database module with project managers
- Work with the project team during the project idea phase and throughout the life of the project.
- Analyzing data including thorough sourcing of data and data mapping tasks
- Made Master Child package using variables and Execute package task in SSIS .
- Deployed, Tested and Scheduled SSIS packages .
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Maintained report models for ad hoc reports and deployed on report server.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities deliverables in the project documentation and specifications
- Developed incremental loading using MERGE statement in SQL server 2008R2 .
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non clustered Indexes and by Optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler
- Used Execution Plana and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases
- Responsible for performance tuning, optimizing the queries, removing redundant and inconsistent data, joins from the database tables and normalizing them.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, Toad 8.5, Doors, Erwin, MS Visio, Data Junction(ETL tool),T-SQL, Visual Studio 2005, MS Office, SQL
Role: SQL & Developer
- Logical and Physical design of database for projects on basis of user requirements using ERWIN.
- Created new tables, wrote stored procedures for application developers and some user defined functions. Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling using T-SQL.
- Defined Check constraints, Indexes, Views, Created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity.
- Used the Control Flow and Data Flow Tasks and Transformations in Creating SSIS (ETL) Packages.
- Worked on SSIS (ETL) Packages, Import/Export for transferring data from Heterogeneous Databases to SQL Server.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse.
- Enabled Logging, Database mirroring, Replication for the SSIS (ETL) packages.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to respective people on SSIS (ETL) process failure or success.
- Generated various reports based on business requirements using SSRS that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients and managers.
- Created various Weekly and Monthly reports showing detailed information in SSRS.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports using Report definition Language (RDL).
- Defined Star Schema, OLAP Cubes and Dimensions with SSAS.
- Created the Data source views to analyze the metadata based on multiple data sources during development without an open connection to any underlying data source using SSAS.
- Analyzed the Cubes by performing calculations, perspectives, actions and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in SSAS.
- Modified the measures, dimensions, attributes, hierarchies, measure groups and deployed the changes to the deployed cube in SSAS.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2005, Windows Enterprise Server 2003, ADO.NET, Team Foundation Server(TFS), XML, HTML, Erwin.
Role: MS SQL Developer
Confidential is one of the leading banking companies in India offering financial services to industrial organizations. The project was to develop the application for the online transactions, which calculate the commissions for brokers and employees based on number of deals completed. I was involved in requirement analysis, creating database, tuning stored procedures, making DTS package to setting up jobs, backup’s and restores.
- Involved in designing of Conceptual Logical Model and Physical Model.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases. Using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Tuned database by creating proper Indexes on different tables that improve the performance of T-SQL queries on the database.
- Facilitated simplified access of database for end users using de normalized views and created triggers on them to maintain to database integrity.
- Implemented the business logic and processing of the payment by developing stored procedures and scripts.
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long running queries using indexing strategies and query-optimization techniques.
- Used Try catch and @@error for exceptional handling.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, DTS, Windows XP, MS Visio 2000, MS Projects 2000.