- Over 20 years of experience in many areas of information technology as a manager, developer, programmer/analyst and systems administrator.
- Specialization includes in large part Microsoft’s suite of technologies, database design, development, deployment, security, maintenance, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Experience in gathering business requirements, conducting interviews, developing customized applications, design, testing, and deployment of enterprise - wide ERP solutions.
- Experience in managing computer operations with several companies, maintaining mission-critical systems, providing and delivering recommendations/reporting to all levels of management and the business user community.
- Good team player with great verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to multi-task, experience in delivering applications and working with cross-functional teams in a results-driven project environment.
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 , Greenplum, Hadoop, MySQL, Access 2010, IBM Mainframe/OS390, UNIX
Reporting: SSRS, SSAS, OLAP cubes, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Access
ETL Tools: SSIS, Visual Studio, BIDS, Data Tools, SSMS, Pervasive Data Integrator
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Kimball, InmonStar/Snowflake schemas
Network: VMWare, SQL Clustering, TFS, N-tier environments, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP
Other: Dimensional modeling, data mining, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, SQL Replication/Mirroring, Adobe Dreamweaver, FlashPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior SQL Developer
- Created a SQL data warehouse via Kimball dimensional modeling, develop OLAP cubes and
SSAS sales dashboards, and daily/weekly/monthly sales reports with SSRS.
- Responsible for all SQL database development and administration on company’s ERP platform.
- Streamlined data replication from ERP system to multiple web site environments.
- Developed an automated shipping process with C#.NET, AJAX and T-SQL.
- Coordinated and installed all releases, patches, upgrades of ERP, e-commerce software.
Confidential, San Diego, CA (Contract) September 2012 - February 2013
- Responsible for software development of organization’s proprietary software, packaging of product releases, performing software enhancements and fixes.
- Developed in the upstream flow of data from MVS mainframe to SQL Server-based data Warehouses with SSIS, developed reports with SSRS.
- Collaborated/developed with BI engineer using OLAP cubes and OLTP data sets.
- Re-engineered client portal, using .NET technologies and SQL Server, the repository for product release Information and universal and client-specific software updates.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Responsible for streamlining daily processing of various financial systems - working funds, cash receipts, lottery in a linked database MS Access environment.
- Developed project plan for migrating MS Access systems architecture to .NET/SQL Server environment.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Created SSIS packages to extract and archive data from enterprise-wide timecard system (.NET).
- Developed financial/payroll reports, data constructs using SSRS, SSAS.
- Created incremental interfaces from host (UNIX), to data warehouse and budget systems (SQL Server), via SSIS packages, stored procedures, OLAP cube design.
- Streamlined employee data flow from HR/Payroll to and from the financial, timecard systems, using HR/Payroll (People soft - Oracle), to SQL Server-based time and expense systems with SSIS and data modeling.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Successfully completed conversions of both Financial and HR/Payroll systems from legacy mainframe to web-based, .NET application and SQL database server environments.
- Automated the City’s internal/external forms, including time and attendance, purchase orders, and vendor inquiries using ASP, ASP.NET, Web Services, Crystal Reports.
- Developed front-end intranet application with ASP, AJAX, JQuery, and SQL DTS packages for daily exporting of expense and revenue budget data from mainframe to web-based platform. This allowed for easier access to financial data throughout the City’s end-user community, and a cost savings with the removal of antiquated equipment
- Developed SQL data warehouse environments (Kimball methodology), universes with Business Objects for both financial and HR/payroll modules.
- Responsible for the City’s Financial and HR/Payroll systems: application and database management interfaces, nightly cycle and payroll processes; application of new releases/sub-releases and patches; database maintenance, backups, optimizations, integrity checks. Data modeling used extensively to re-engineer processes for the data conversion and the streamlining of data flow in the new environment.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Supervisor, Computer Operations
- Responsible for the mid-Atlantic region data communications hub between host mainframe and 35 regional sales offices, and center personnel. Maintained regional client database.
- Installed ADP LAN network for operations center personnel, maintained telecommunications node/modems, coordinated links with private, network-wide satellite broadcasts.
- Supervised 24/7 operations staff. Instituted security platform for client data access.