- 8+ years of experience in systems Analysis, design, development, Testing and release management in banking sector.
- Worked for one of the fortune 500 customers in USA as programmer, senior application support lead, technical lead and senior technical lead positions.
- Experienced in various lines of business in Banking sector (Sales, research, Middle office derivatives and wealth management applications).
- Environments include Oracle PLSQL (8i, 9i, 10g, and 11g), Actuate reporting tool, Informatica (ETL), MS SQL server 2000 and Netezza database.
- Experience in Design, Development, and Enhancement and Maintaining applications in Oracle 8i/9i/10g using SQL, PL/SQL in Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP and UNIX environments.
- In depth Knowledge in Oracle Architecture, Data Dictionary and DBMS Packages.
- Substantial development experience in creating stored procedures, PL/SQL Packages, Triggers and Functions. Strong knowledge in Oracle cursor management and exception handling.
- Worked with configuration management tools like perforce, VSS,SVN
- Used test management and defect tracking tool, HP Quality center for ticketing.
- Worked with Autosys scheduler for batch job execution.
- Extensive experience in Database query tuning, Performance tuning (Explain Plan) of Reports and troubleshooting Oracle Application issues on OLTP and DSS systems.
- Good experience and understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support with exposure in database.
- Extensive experience in writing PL/SQL Packages, Functions, Procedures & Triggers to implement the business logic.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL*LOADER.
- Knowledge about Oracle RDBMS (11g, 10g) in the strong development.
- Good experience in SQL queries, exception handling, cursors, PL/SQL records & tables
- Worked on Database links and materialized views.
- Worked on BULK SQL to improve the performance of multi - row queries.
- Used Pragma Exception INIT directive to associate selected exception name with oracle data base error number.
- Worked with different types of sub queries (Inline, Correlated) and used loops to enhance performance of the SQL queries.
- Worked on explain plan, hints for performance purpose.
- Worked on operators in PL/SQL like Union, Union all, Intersect and minus.
- Strong work experience with tool like Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*PLUS.
- Good understanding of the Oracle Architecture.
- Ability to understand Functional specifications, Business requirements and technical Design documents.
- Good team player, Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solver with advanced analytical, planning, and scheduling skills with a focus on timely delivery.
- Several commendations and SPOT awards from Infosys technologies for technical excellence.
- Excellent team player and proven track record working in various team sizes performing cross-functional roles
- Experienced Onsite Coordinator for on-shore and off-shore teams, including mentoring, and training the team members.
DATABASES: ORACLE 8i/9i/10g and 11g, MS SQL 2000,Netezza
REPORTING TOOLS: Actuate e-Report designer and e-spreadsheet 8/9/10
ETL TOOLS: Informatica power center
INTERFACE TOOLS: TOAD for Oracle, PLSQL Developer, Microsoft Visual Studio
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Perforce, Tortoise SVN, Microsoft VSS
TICKETING TOOLS: JIRA, HP Quality Center, ALC, PAPA Ticketing Tool
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP, Windows 7, UNIX,LINUX
Confidential, New York City, NY
Title:- Sr. Database developer/Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Create stored procedures to load data from staging to reporting layer.
- Involved in coding, test planning, Test Case review, code Reviews.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
Environment: Oracle PLSQL V 10g, TOAD v11.6, Autosys, UNIX, HP ALC, QC, JIRA
Confidential, New York City, NY
Senior Tech Support Lead
My responsibility includes
- Providing guidance and mentoring teams in different locations in USA, Mexico, and India.
- Monitoring more than 700 batch jobs in three different geographies in APAC, EMEA and AMRS instances.
- Different production issues come from various business users on their books about the numbers and we trouble shoot the issues checking the data from source system and hoe they are process what business rules were applied and figuring out where the wrong values are raised and notify the up-streams, and if it is an issue with the business rules then fixing them, helping users to understand the business and about the system
- Release management
- Code deployment for production release
- A lot of high profile managers in the bank contact the tech teams for solutions as it is a critical application with high visibility, I am responsible to carry out the communication effectively and explain them about the timelines if it is system wide issue raise a severity ticket and update users timely until the issue is fixed.
Environment: Oracle PLSQL V 10g, TOAD v11.6, Autosys, UNIX, JIRA, PAPA Ticketing tool,.NET Interface
Junior Developer and Senior Software Engineer
My responsibility includes
- I’m responsible for designing the actuate reports (BI tool), writing backend queries/stored procedures which fetch relevant data to show in the reports.
- Review and testing of the reports.
- Data which comes from ETL to staging is cleaned, after that I am involved in apply business rules and fetch all the trades coming from various source systems to a main trade output layer and then send the data to
- different warehouses for reporting.
- Coding, Testing, and Reviewing.
- Configuration Management
- I worked on with designing Informatica work flows for a new trade system whose trades are migrated to CSAR database.
- Handled a team to execute an assignment where trades from a new source system had to be processed till the reporting layer and we were instrumental in executing the project from ETL layer till reporting layer.
Environment: Actuate e-Report Designer, e-Spreadsheet, Oracle PL/SQL 9i/10g, MS-SQL Server 2000, Netezza, Autosys, UNIX, ETL (Informatica Version 7,8).
Senior Software Engineer/ Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Write SQL queries/Stored procedures and ASPX forms to migrate data from Merrill database to Bank databases
- Review the code in the team (team of three) and ensure all the validation rules are met and business logic is implemented.
- Ensure data integrity.
Environment: Microsoft .NET Technologies, Oracle PL/SQL 10g