- Eight (8) years of total IT experience which involves complete SDLC including Business requirements analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing & Maintenance of application software in Finance, Insurance, Pharmaceutical and Health care domains.
- Profound experience with Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL - Server databases, using SQL & PL/SQL, OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) and in developing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.
- Experience in design, development, enhancement and maintaining applications in Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i using SQL, PL/SQL in Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP and UNIX environments with good knowledge and understanding of Oracle Architecture, Data Dictionary and DBMS Packages.
- In-depth Knowledge of Schema Objects (Tables, Global Temporary Tables, Views, Materialized views, Constraints, Indexes, Table partitions, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Synonyms, Sequences, Database links) and Bulk collects/Inserts, CURSORS/ REF CURSORS, Analytical functions, Dynamic SQL, Exception Handling, XML Type.
- Experience in design and development of OLAP and OLTP applications and in building Interface/conversion/data migration in client/server OLAP environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in transferring data between different sources like xls, csv, delimited text to Oracle databases using SQL*Loader and external tables, also worked on data base dumps using Imp and Exp utilities.
- Decent experience with Data flow diagrams, Data Dictionary and Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques and also documented data flow diagrams, process flow, business impact and technical designs for reference and maintenance
- Good experience in both dimensional and relational modeling concepts like star-schema, snow flake schema and experience with ERwin in developing logical and physical data models..
- Effectively made use of PL/SQL features such as Bulk Collections/Exceptions/Inserts, Bulk Binding, Ref-Cursors, Multi Table inserts, SQL Types in Bulk Operations for better performance and readability.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, Collections (Nested Tables and VARRAY) in complex backend packages.
- Used Bulk Collections and FORALL for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines
- Expert in Performance tuning using Oracle Hints, Explain plan, TKPROF, Partitioning and Oracle cursor management.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages (DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB, UTL FILE, DBMS LOB, DBMS SHEDULER, DBMS DDL), Dynamic SQL, Records, PL/SQL tables and Exception handling.
- Developed Client-Server applications using front-end tools like Oracle Developer 2000 - Forms 5.0/6i, Oracle Reports 2.5/6i, SQL*Loader, Data Pump and SQL*Navigator. Involved in designing numerous Oracle Forms and Reports by interacting directly with end users and Business Analyst.
- Extensive experience in Data Migration, ETL & Content Management, implemented various Extraction, Transformation and Loading architectures involving tools and technologies such as Informatica Power center, XML, XML Schema, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL, Materialized views.
- Experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings and sessions in ETL Environment.
- Knowledge of Job scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M to create, modify, troubleshoot jobs, schedule and automate daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly jobs.
- Good Knowledge and decent hands on experience with JAVA (AWT, SWING and JDBC).
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Hands on experience in using UNIX and Shell commands to create jobs, Perl Scripting to automate the processes through CRON jobs, moving processes to background and monitoring processes.
- Experience in providing production support and provide critical and normal patches for technical and business related bugs, also Involved in unit testing, systems integration testing, UAT and documented the same.
- Active team player with commitment to work to meet deadline with strong communication, analytical and time management skills.
RELEVANT TECHNICAL SKILLS
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i (RAC/OPS), MS SQL Server 2000/2005, IBM DB2 8.0/7.0
Programming & Markup Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Unix (Korn & Bourne) Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Java 2.0, XML, HTML, Transact SQL, HTTP, TCP/IP
Development Tools: SQL Developer 3.0/4.0, SQL*Plus 3.3/8.0, TOAD 9.5, SQL*Loader, OEM/EM 10g/11g, Oracle Forms & Reports 10g/11g/9i/6i, PLSQL Developer, Oracle Designer, Visual Studio, ERwin 4.x
Data Modeling Concepts: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Normalization, FACT and Dimensions Tables
Data Warehousing: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1 (ETL Tool), Metadata, Datamart, OLAP, OLTP
Operating Systems: UNIX (HP-UX 10.20), Linux, Win NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2000/2003
System Management Tools and Others: MS Visio 2003/2007, Eclipse 7.x, Autosys, Control-M, Quality Center, MS Office Suite
Confidential, Ridgeland, MS
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Interacted with architects and business analysts to understand business requirement, to reflect them into data model and involved with project development teams to convert the model into technical specifications and also provide knowledge to quality assurance analysts regarding the model.
- Designed and developed Oracle objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages in PL/SQL, Materialized Views, Dynamic SQL, Pipe functions, Database Triggers and involved in creating and updating Packages to meet business requirements.
- Extensively used Dynamic SQL, REF Cursors, Bulk binding/Bulk Collection, Nested tables, Analytical functions, Regular expressions while developing complex procedures.
- Extensively involved in tuning queries/database, creating indexes, suggesting and implementing alternative approaches like partitioning of tables, using global temporary tables, creating Materialized views. Used EXPLAIN PLAN, Optimizer HINTS, SQLTRACE and TKPROF utilities.
- Extensively used cursors, ref cursors, user-defined object types, collections, joins, sub queries records, and tables in PL/SQL Programming.
- Worked on Data migration from DB2 legacy system to oracle 11g system and worked on automation of reconciliation between legacy system and new data warehouse.
- Involved in mapping of legacy system tables, columns to new data warehouse tables, columns and wrote new packages to populate the data in new data warehouse.
- Worked on Database Links and Bulk Collections to perform bulk data loads into database tables from upstream application and Imp/Exp utilities for database dumps.
- Created UNIX shell scripts and also through Perl scripting to automate data loading, extraction and to perform regular updates to database tables to keep in sync with the incoming data from other sources.
- Created Materialized Views, tables, Function based indexes, complex SQL queries with sub-queries, nested queries, reg expr functions, inline views, multi table joins, with clause and outer joins as per the functional needs in the Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Involved in working on Oracle Pseudo columns like ROWID, ROWNUM, SYSDATE, SYSTEM TIMESTAMP, USER etc and a variety of analytical functions, RANK, DENSERANK, LAG, LEAD, and PARTITION OVER.
- Used Oracle packages like DBMS STATS to collect statistics of tables as an aid to improve the performance of application.
- Actively supported and worked along with the team at offshore for a smooth deployment, any change management or production issues.
- Performed unit test on the developed code to ensure that its bug free. Delivered 24/7 production support handling production issues and managed the same in issue log.
- Worked with QA team to prepare Test data. Involved in Build Verification Testing and Regression Testing.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, Pl/SQL, DB2, Toad 9.5, PLSQL Developer 7, Quality Center, UNIX, Perl, SubVersion(SVN), Windows XP 5.1.2.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Oracle PL/SQL Developer/ Minimal Informatica Developer Activities
- Developed various PL/SQL stored procedures and functions
- Developed data model, SQL Queries, SQL Query tuning process and Schemas.
- Used ERwin to provide initial physical models to meet current naming standards and/or DDL for assigned projects.
- Used PL/SQL programming to develop Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers including standard packages like DBMS SQL, DBMS XPLAN, DBMS PROFILER, DBMS JOB, DBMS MVIEW and UTL FILE.
- Develop logical and physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Extensively used Erwin tool in Forward and reverse engineering, following the Corporate Standards in Naming Conventions, using Conformed dimensions whenever possible.
- Utilized SQL*Loader to load flat files database tables.
- Involved in Writing, debugging and optimizing PL/SQL code.
- Involved in migrating database from Oracle 9i to 10g/11gdatabase.
- Experience as an Applications DBA including creating and managing schemas, tables, constraints, indexes, and materialized views and managing database
- Involved in the ETL process of developing new tables from the existing views and materialized views and worked on Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data using Informatica.
- Created Informatica mappings to load the data mart and monitored them, which involved use of transformations like Aggregator, Filter, Router, Expression, Joiner, Union, Normalizer and Sequence generator.
- Performed tuning of Informatica sessions by implementing database partitioning, increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length, target based commit interval and SQL overrides .
- Developed PL/SQL blocks using Collections like Nested Tables and VARRAYS, Bulk collections and Exception handling.
- Developing Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, Functions, Packages, SQL scripts to facilitate the functionality for various modules.
- Worked in SQL, PL/SQL development and database support as well as maintenance.
- Developed and implemented various migration scripts for various schema objects migration.
- Worked on complex queries PL/SQL packages, functions, stored procedures, triggers, views
- Performing Unit, Integration and System testing, and setting up UAT for the project modules.
- Used EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF to tune SQL queries.
- Created various UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts and loading process.
- Worked closely with end-users and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis.
- Participated in Peercode reviews and verifying coding standards.
- Responsible for requirements gathering from Clients and implement the back end changes in existing product and in designing the database.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, UNIX, TOAD, ERwin 4.5, Windows XP
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Analyze System Requirements to create high level and detail design documents with the assistance of requirements team and Architects. Have a good understanding of analytical functions with an ability to convert the business requirements to technical understanding, instantiate, iterate, and terminate the code logic to meet the user needs.
- Worked closely and supported members of teams such as Architecture, Change management, Database Management, Technical operations, System Test, UAT, Requirements and Business teams during entire life cycle of the project.
- Develop highly complex applications using Oracle 11g database as back-end with expertise in design and development of Oracle PL/SQL Packages and Procedures.
- Superior skills in designing and developing Oracle objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures and Functions in PL/SQL, Packages in PL/SQL, Materialized Views, and Dynamic SQL
- Expertise in using concepts like Partitioning, Partition pruning, Index by Tables, Bulk Collect, Pipelined Functions, Insert All, Global Temporary tables
- Extensively developed complex PL/SQL packages for Invoice Processing.
- Extensively worked with Dynamic SQL, Composite data types & Global Temporary Tables
- Used PL/SQL tables, array structures as a part of oracle collections.
- Associated with DBA in monitoring the performance related issues using Explain plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF utilitiy
- Involved designing, developing Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) scripts utilizing SQL, PL/SQL utilities and provide solutions to critical issues enhancing performance and productivity to the project
- Analysis of business requirements, preparation of source-target mapping documents, develop data load components using ETL procedures, conduct unit testing and code walkthroughs to ensure there are no missing elements, and perform integration testing.
- Involved in developing ETL Process to Load the Data from different sources,developed ETL type processes using bulk processing.
- As a key PL/SQL developer, identify and define required analytics to design, develop financial routines, and assist various work streams in identifying, and resolving data irregularities, and establish management reporting processes and requisite supporting technology
- Construct complex SQL queries with sub-queries, inline views as per the functional needs in the Business Requirements Document (BRD). Create SQL scripts to perform unit and component testing financial calculations such as, Interest receivables
- Handled code defects, enhancements and release management using tools like Rational Clear case and Rational Clear quest.
- Automated the procedures and interface programs using Oracle Advanced Queuing
- Performed performance tuning for faster retrieval of data using various optimizer hints such as Parallel, Ordered, Append and Use Hash and used customized v$ scripts to monitor the database processes and performance.
- Writing UNIX shell scripts (ksh) to load flat files, event logging and to automate report scheduling in Crontab and Autosys.
- Used existing processes and procedures for application deployment and provided 24x7 production support as Primary
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Clear case, Toad 9.5, PLSQL Developer 7, Windows XP 5.1.2, Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, DB2 8.0, Business Objects, Autosys
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Developing highly complex applications using Oracle 10g/11gdatabase as backend with expertise in design and development of Oracle PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Responsible for analyzing, Design and developing the code logic in Oracle Forms and also worked on Oracle databases which is to develop and maintain for the real production environments.
- Developed Packages and customized functions and Triggers based upon the business logics.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating Tables, Views, Indexes, Synonyms, Triggers, Functions, Procedures, Cursors and Packages.
- Utilized SQL*Loader to load flat files into database tables.
- Used PL/SQL developing to load data from the source table to the target table based on the business logic.
- Developed conversion programs to bring Legacy details into Oracle table using SQL*Loader, PL/SQL Package and populated data into base tables.
- Created PL/SQL blocks using Cursors, REF Cursors, Collections - Nested Table, various Complex Triggers.
- Designed and developed Web-enabled Oracle Forms & Reports.
- Worked on Forms Triggers, Alerts, Data Blocks, LOVs, Parameters and Program Units by using PL/SQL procedures and functions.
- Analyzed data, designed and developed Oracle forms, layout, report triggers, parameter form, data models
- Developed complex triggers in reports before/after for validation of user input on the application system.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to provide a user interface to Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Worked on Oracle Web Apache Server for configure of upload and download with the required Oracle forms refers to a class of systems that facilitate and manage transaction-oriented applications, typically for data entry and retrieval transaction processing.
- Tested the Forms, debugged and fixed it after the testing
- Developed PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Packages and used SQL loader to load data into the database.
- Responsible for performance tuning activities in oracle.
- Used TOAD, PL/SQL developer tools for faster application design and developments Performance tuning, SQL tuning.
- Used Materialized Views in order to improve the performance.
- Proposed and coded enhancements on Oracle PL/SQL.
- Involved in designing numerous Oracle Forms and Reports by interacting directly with End Users and Business Analyst.
Environment: UNIX(RHEL, Solaris), Oracle Database 10g/11g, TOAD,PL/SQL, Oracle Developer Suite 10g/11g, PUTTY, HP Quality Center
Junior SQL Developer
- Writing complex SQL for the Back End Development requirements.
- Complex SQL scripting using advanced functions.
- Core knowledge and experience on SQL for SQL* Reports.
- Top development skills include using Oracle PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Packages, and Triggers.
- Usage of various Built-In PL/SQL packages based on requirements.
- Created Materialized views & normal views according to the requirement.
- Developed, modified and optimized complex queries for data retrieval and modification
- Good knowledge on Wrappers, Composite Data Types, Cursors and REF-Cursors.
- Created triggers for auditing purpose and created group, tabular and form reports.
- Implemented various UNIX scripts to generate the data in CSV format.
- Tuned several Oracle SQL statements using Explain Plan, Auto Trace utilities.
- Writing complicated Oracle Forms and creation of customized Oracle Reports.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of the programs, ETL Procedures and processes
- Prepared Test Cases based on Test Plan for Unit Testing, System Testing, End-to-End Testing and UAT support Testing.
- Used Quality Center to report bugs.
Environment: UNIX, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i/8i, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Windows XP.