Summary of Experience
- About 8 years of professional IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of Crystal Reports 8.5/9/10/XI R2/2008, Crystal Enterprise 8.5/9/10, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SAP BO CMC, Crystal Info view XI R2
- Good Experience in working with RDBMS including Oracle, SQL Server and MS Access
- Worked for various domains like Retail, Telecom, Banking, Construction etc.
- Expert in generating Sub Reports, Standard, Mailing Labels, Cross Tab Reports and Graph Reports by using Chart expert of Crystal Reports
- Good at using shared and global variables across crystal reports
- Used Trackwise for version control of the reports
- Good experience in creating functions like WhilePrintingRecords, WhileReadingRecords etc. and in MigratingCrystal Reports from older versions to newer versions
- Expert in creating Complex Crystal Reports Ad Hoc Reports, Frequency Reports, Summary Reports, Drill-down, Dynamic grouping, graphical, aging reports
- Expert in creating various PL/SQL stored procedures, views, functions and temporary tables for data input to the Crystal Reports
- Deployed reports on the web using Crystal publishing wizard and scheduled reports using e-Portfolio and Crystal management console
- Extensive knowledge in pre defined functions like string, date, numeric, conversion and null functions ofCrystal like isnull, inrepeatedgroupheader, monthtodate, lastfullmonth, lastfullweek etc.
- Expert in writing complex formulae at the summary level and group level to implement the business logic
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills with a good understanding at the conceptual level and possess excellent presentation, interpersonal skills with a strong desire to achieve specified goals
- Able to interact effectively with other members of the Business Engineering, Quality Assurance and other teams involved with the Software Development Life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to work in both individual and team environments
- Major responsibilities include getting requirements from the user, developing Crystal Reports maintaining proper documentation of the reports for future reference
- Worked for various departments like Web Sales, Telesales, HR, Customer Care, Analytics quality, etc
Reporting Analysis Tools: Crystal Reports 8.5/9/10/XI R2/2008, Crystal Enterprise 8.5/9/10, Crystal Info View XI R2 and MS Excel RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS Access 2000/2007, SQL Server 2005 Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C Operating Systems: WINDOWS XP/NT/00, UNIX Others: TOAD, SQL Loader, SQL Developer, Win SQL, Track wise, JIRA, QC
Confidential Columbus, OH Crystal Reports Developer June 2011 - Present
Confidential is a successful global retailer. Their youthful and distinct line of clothing is recognized throughout the world.
- Create various complex reports using Crystal Reports XI R2
- Enhance/modify existing reports by creating new Parameters, Formulas etc,
- Schedule the reports using Info View to run at specific times in a day/week as desired by the Business Users
- Assist BO administrator in setting up security for various reports on Enterprise
- Responsible for setting up the Database logon info and parameters on Info View for the users to run the reports
- Interact directly with the business users in gathering requirements
- Optimize various SQL queries to make the reports run faster
- Used SQL extensively in command objects of Crystal reports
- Create test data by creating views/procedures for reporting purpose
- Create and edit alerts on Reports, as per User request
- Modify the existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically
- Migrate reports from Dev to Production
- Provide on call support after reports are deployed to production
- Export reports in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text and CSV
- Generate reports with parameters, sub reports, cross tabs, charts using Crystal Reports
- Use prompts, alerts, drill down analysis as per the end user requirements
- Create nested, conditional subgroups and formatting features in reports
- Create Sub reports called from the main report to implement the business logic
- Create various database objects like Tables, Views and Stored Procedures by using Toad
- Responsible for defects raised during testing of the reports
- Work on existing reports to optimize and troubleshoot problems that occurred due to new business requirements
- Move the reports from Dev to QA and inform the users to start UAT
- Assist UAT team in testing the reports using SQL queries in TOAD, SQL developer and Win SQL and advise them with necessary changes
- Responsible to interact with testing team on a regular basis to make sure the reports are working as desired and make changes if required
Environment:Crystal Reports XI R2, Crystal Info View XI R2, Oracle 10g/9i, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Win SQL, UNIX, Windows XP, JIRA, Quality Center
Confidential Overland park, KS Crystal Reports Developer/ PL/SQL Developer April 2009 - June 2010
- Confidential offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wire line communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Confidential served more than 49.9 million customers at the end of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities. Key Responsibilities:
- Created Crystal Reports for different teams and groups in the organization to fulfill their business needs.
- Supported SMART website internal to SPRINT NEXTEL in many ways by creating, maintaining and scheduling reports as well as maintaining data on Oracle Server.
- Worked extensively on Call Centers data starting from loading daily data into Oracle tables from flat files using SQL Loader, Control files and Batch files.
- Scheduled batch files using Windows Scheduler.
- Created reports for Telesales, Web sales, Online Authorizations teams.
- Worked on Agent Segmentation, Score cards and Performance reports.
- Worked on reports to detect fraud orders for Quality Analytics team.
- Automated the daily process of summarizing inbound and outbound call data metrics by creating stored procedures, User Defined functions, Views, Oracle Jobs and batch files.
- Scheduled reports to go to users directly, to share drives, etc. using Crystal Management Console and SAP BO CMC.
- Migrated reports from version 10 to version 2008 of Crystal reports.
- Used SQL extensively in command objects of Crystal reports.
- Tested the reports for accuracy using SQL queries in TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Created Custom functions, formulae, cross tabs, graphs and charts.
- Develop an understanding of the business and data requirements to ensure a successful project.
- Created reports using Crystal Reports with Standard, Summary, Cross Tabs, SQL, Command Objects, Selection Criteria, grouping, sub reports etc.
- Created reports with drill down option, Parameter fields, formulae, and heavy formatting.
- Created Cross Tab Reports, Pie and Bar Charts, and Parameter Reports, Running totals, Sub Totals and embedded linked and unlinked sub-reports to separate and organize key information and to promote reusability in data reporting.
- Developed stored procedures in PL/SQL using TOAD to be used in the reports.
- Developed various database objects like Tables, Views and Stored Procedures by using Toad, PL/SQL in Oracle.
- Created number of formulae, running totals conditional display of fields for complex calculations and used them in sub reports.
- Created stored procedures to update tables and Jobs to run the procedures automatically.
Environment: Crystal Reports 10/2008, Crystal Enterprise 10, SAP BO CMC, Oracle 10g/9i, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, UNIX, Windows XP, TOES, FAST, Ensemble, P2K and Excel modeling.
CT Crystal Reports Developer
- Worked in the Hedge Fund Services section of Confidential developing financial reports. Confidential Fund Services delivers an extensive solution for Hedge Fund clients seeking independent administration and custody services to their day-to-day operations. Key Responsibilities:
- Worked for Investment Banking Sector for creating Reports as per User requirements.
- Coordinated meetings with business users and development teams to gather System requirements and data requirements.
- Involved in design, development and documentation on various phases of product life cycle.
- Involved in facilitating reporting standards for SAS70, FAS157, Cash Reconciliation and Prime Brokerage.
- Worked with Oracle 10g and created complex stored procedures and views according to the requirement for the reports using DBArtisan from Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
- Developed reports in Crystal 10 and Deployed and scheduled reports in Crystal Enterprise 10.
- Designed and developed Crystal Reports, the Cross Tab Reports, and Top N Reports for displaying vital data and summary reports with drill-down capabilities.
- Worked on financial management tool MShare - an advanced solution for transfer agency and shareholder record-keeping software needs to deploy the reports and run them according to the fund type.
- Created various financial reports for financial accounting tools like Geneva and Avatar.
- Performed admin tasks related to users, groups, folders, and security using Crystal Management Console CMC .
- Conducted discussions with Business Analysts BAs and end users to create several test scenarios for running the reports.
- Designed reports connecting multiple databases - Oracle 10g and SQL server 2005
- Worked on already existing reports to optimize and troubleshoot problems that occurred due to new business requirements.
- Provided On Call Support and end report testing after reports are deployed to production
- Added the access management by creating users, user groups and folders.
- Applied security settings in Dev, QA, UAT and Production domains by adding row level and object security.
- Performed unit testing, system testing and user acceptance testing UAT for reports
Environment: Crystal Reports 8.5/10, Crystal Enterprise 10, Oracle 10g, MS-Access and TOAD.
AR Crystal Reports Developer
Confidential serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 9198 retail units under 60 different banners in 15 countries.
- Worked for Web sales department to create, test, distribute and maintain Crystal Reports.
- Created Sub reports which were called from the main report to implement the business logic.
- Generated Reports using procedures and views for faster execution.
- Developed various charts and graphs like bar chart side by side, stacked , line graphs, pie -charts etc. by using chart expert of Crystal Reports.
- Based on the users requirement, created parameter driven reports to restrict the volume of data.
- Created and optimized stored procedures to enhance the performance of the reports.
- Modified existing reports according to the user's requirement and exported reports to PDF format.
- Used Crystal Viewer for running the reports and exporting them to various formats.
- Scheduled reports to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and to distribute the output in different formats to various users.
- Conducted meetings with Business Analyst and users to get the requirement correctly and finished the tasks within the time frame.
- Migrated reports from Crystal 8.5 to Crystal 10.
- Used TrackWise 7.0 for version control of the reports.
- Created nested, conditional groups and formatting features in reports.
- Involved in creating various PL/SQL stored procedures, views, functions and temporary tables for data input to the Crystal Reports.
- Exported reports to various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text, and CSV etc.
- Manage the data structures by ensuring data integrity, adding, deleting, or changing data elements as required by the business.
- Optimized queries to run efficiently.
- Support the Business Analyst with managing the user requests, perform complex analysis, dash boarding, report writing, and ensure the documentation is current.
- Raised report alerts when certain conditions are not met as requested by the user.
- Generated reports on various databases and at times using two different databases in the same Report.
- Tested output of reports using SQL queries in Toad to verify whether the report has met the user requirements or not.
Environment: Crystal Reports 8.5/10, Crystal Enterprise 9/10, Oracle 9i, MS Access, TrackWise 7.0, SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, and Windows NT.
KS Crystal Reports Developer
Confidential Construction Company, founded in Confidential, MO is a general contractor ranked among the TOP 100 contractors in the United States by engineering news record. Confidential Construction has steadily grown to become a leader in providing Pre-construction, General contracting, Design/Build and construction management services.
- Involved in the Design, Development implementation of Reports in Crystal Reports 10.
- Migrated existing Crystal 8.5 reports to Crystal 10.
- Created nested and conditional subgroups and formatting features in reports.
- Created Sub reports called from the main report to implement the business logic.
- Tuned reports for faster execution using stored procedures, views, column Index's.
- Created complex formulae at the summary level and group level to implement the business logic.
- Scheduled the report using Schedule Manager in Crystal Management Console to run every day on a periodic basis.
- Developed database connections, SQL joins, loops, views, aggregates.
- Generated reports with parameters, sub reports, cross tabs, charts using Crystal Reports
- Used prompts, alerts, drill down analysis as per the end user requirements.
- Responsible for creating the Complex Crystal Reports On demand, Ad Hoc Reports, Frequency Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, Drill-down, Dynamic grouping, Cross-Tab, graphical, aging reports .
- Created complicated formulae and running totals on summarized totals for business measure calculations based upon various end user requirements.
- Used functions like InRepeatedGroupHeaders,WhilePrintingRecords,WhileReadingRecords and EvaluateAfter etc.
- Created Parameter driven reports to running time and restrict volume of data.
- Involved in creating various PL/SQL, stored procedures, views, functions and temporary tables for data input into crystal reports.
- Responsibilities include conducting meetings, gathering requirements and training users.
Environment: Crystal Enterprise 8.5/10, Crystal Reports 10, Oracle 9i and Win NT.
Confidential is one of the largest Banking and financial services organizations in the World.Confidential provides a comprehensive range of financial services to around 85 million customers through four customer groups and global businesses: Personal Financial Services including consumer finance Commercial Banking Global Banking and Markets and Global Private Banking.
- Responsibilities include understanding the business functionality, direct interaction with users for specifications.
- Developed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Written Stored Procedures and Views on SQL Server 2000 to be used in various Crystal Reports.
- Generated the reports and giving those reports to users for verification.
- Gather user requirements, draft specifications, design and deploy reports using Crystal Reports Designer, Crystal Query.
- Report versions were maintained using TrackWise 6.0.
- Responsible for drafting documentation for end user usage and develop training materials.
- Responsibilities included setup and troubleshooting final product on user's desktops.
- Developed database connections, SQL joins, loops, views, aggregates.
- Generated reports with parameters, sub reports, cross tabs, charts using Crystal Reports8.5
- Used prompts, alerts, drill down analysis as per the end user requirements.
Environment: Crystal Reports 8.5, SQL Server 2000, Windows NT, TrackWise 6.0, TOAD, and PL/SQL.