- Over 5 plus years of IT experience, which includes in Database Administration on SQL Servers 2005/2000 in Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Expertise in database administration, design, development, data analysis and reporting.
- Experience in OLAP and Data Warehousing database architecture and star schema design.
- Experience working as Project Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Experience in Data Modelling (logical & physical design of the database) using ERWIN Tools.
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Extensive Knowledge with SSIS, SSRS, ETL and DTS.
- Experience working with Production (7 x 24) and Development environment.
- Experience with Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster recovery procedures.
- Experience in MSSQL Server installation, configuration, and client/server connectivity, running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Database Design and creation, query optimization of the stored procedure.
- Good skills in software programming using C, C++, Java, PHP, MySQL and PL/SQL.
- Good experience in Web Designing.
- Excellent team worker, self-motivated, and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Expertise in Troubleshooting Software and Hardware issues.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent database programming skills using T-SQL.
- Timely submission of all administrative requirements and ability to effectively work on a team or independently.
SQL Server Database Administrator Jul'09 - present Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Ensure high availability of the databases.
- Performance monitoring, tuning, storage management, capacity planning, backup and recovery strategies.
- Monitoring, tuning the performance of the databases, using execution plan, SQL Trace.
- Creating and maintaining database jobs and extract/transform/load processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS (Data Transformation Services), Transact SQL (T-SQL), and other available query/extract tools.
- Coding, testing and Tuning SQL Server stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers for Mechanization of Loopback Project which requires application development and support using C# (Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Developing SQL server applications and assisting development staff with debugging and optimization of SQL queries and stored procedures, Views, user defined functions and other database objects.
- Migrating SQL Server from one version to another and evaluating current and future database requirements and all database service-pack and version upgrades.
- Design and implement new architecture for the database and data modeling (logical & physical design of the database) depending on the requirements.
- Administering all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server databases used in production, test and development environments. (Creating users, roles, profiles, triggers etc)
- Troubleshooting and recovery.
- Data gathering, data processing, reports and analysis. Working with application programmers to write backend procedures and triggers.
- Working with Microsoft Access Adp applications.
- Interacted with User groups and corporate groups to resolve database related issues.
- Setting up and managing large databases to process monthly account moves between business units.
- Working with Connect Direct (FTP) and Teradata/DB2 databases.
Environment: MS Access, MS Excel, SQL Server 2005/2008, Adp. Application, C# , Connect Direct, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Windows Server 2003, Business Objects, SSRS, .Net Framework, ASP.NET, T-SQL, ODBC, SSIS, Visual Studio 2007, Quest software, BCP, DTS, SQL Profiler, Job Scheduler.
SQL Server Database Administrator Oct '07 - Jul'09 Confidential, Sunrise, FL.
- Determining, implementing and managing database backup and recovery strategies.
- Installation of new SQL Server databases and upgrades.
- Management of database and resource capacity planning.
- Implementing and enhancing database security using proven methodologies.
- Developing SQL server applications and assisting development staff with the debugging and optimization of SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Ongoing database performance tuning and upgrades, including: monitoring and evaluation of all database patches and service packs.
- Designing and managing database import / export processes used to populate test databases and global data marts.
- Designing and implementation of database replication strategies for both internal and Disaster Recovery (DR) requirements.
- Transact SQL and stored procedure development.
- Creating and maintaining database ER diagrams.
- Database modelling and design functions.
- Researching the problems and recommending corrective actions.
- Providing on call support to the IT customer base.
- Providing solutions for analytical projects using SQL Server analysis services.
- Providing solutions for SQL Server reporting services.
- Setting up clustered SQL Server Environment.
- Setting up mirroring, log shipping and Replication.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Windows Server 2003, SAN Environment, Visio, Business Objects, OLAP, Crystal Reports, .Net Framework, ASP.NET, T-SQL, MS Enterprise Library, ODBC, Java Script, ETL, CSS, Red Gate software, Embarcadero software, Visual Studio 2007, Qwest software, Log Shipping, BCP, DTS, SQL Profiler, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Replication, Job Scheduler.
SQL Server Database Administrator May '06 - Sep'07 Confidential, Corpus Christi, TX
- Designing new databases or modifying existing database physical architecture.
- Administering all levels of database security.
- Troubleshooting performance issues and performing database upgrades and security patches.
- Creating and maintaining database jobs and extract/transform/load processes using DTS (Data Transformation Services), Transact SQL (T-SQL), and other available query/extract tools like MS Access.
- Developing or assisting with the development of stored procedures, views, user defined functions and other database objects.
- Administering all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server databases used in production, test and development environments.
- Participating in the planning, development, installation, maintenance and monitoring of locally developed software that involves database activities.
- Evaluating current and future database requirements and all database service-pack and version upgrades.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows XP, OLAP, Windows 2000/2003,Crystal Reports 7.0, ODBC, WS FTP, SSMA, XML, ASP, Script, HTML, DHTML, ISS 5.0, Log Shipping, BCP, DTS, Visio, MS Office, SQL Profiler, SSIS, ETL, SQL Replication, Job Scheduler, SQL Server Enterprise Manger.