- Over 8 years of experience working in the role of SQL Server Developer. Expertise in many areas of SQL Development such as OLTP, Operational Data Source (ODS), dimension modeling, performance tuning, data warehouse concepts, OLAP and many other database technologies.
- Experience in the design, development, coding and testing of business and commercial applications in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, MS Access, .NET Script, Windows 2000/2003/2008.
- Experience in installing, upgrading and configuring of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL databases.
- Over 5 years of extensive experience with T - SQL programming in developing Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, User Defined Functions, Cursors, Derived Tables, Common Table Expressions (CTEs) XML and Complex Queries on SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft BI studio products like SSIS,SSAS,SSRS for the implementation of ETL methodology in data extraction, transformation and loading .
- Over 4 years of experience in utilizing ETL tools, including SSIS, DTS and Data Stage and ETL Package design.
- Experience in extracting and transforming data using Import/Export wizard, Bulk Insert, Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008).
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connections from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task and union all.
- Experience in some basic development coding with VB.NET, C# while working with SSIS.
- Experience with Data Marts, Data Warehousing, OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Facts, Dimensions, Partitions, Tables using MS Analysis Services 2012/ 2008/2005.
- Developed several Ad-hoc reports according to the customer requirement and the Cubes using SSAS and MDX.
- Involved in identifying and creating data sources and data source views in SSAS. Involved in creating Dimensions and Cubes and deploying them on to the server for the managers to analyze the ongoing production support for the application as required.
- Exposure in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) as a source control, source repository and project tracking solution.
Databases: MS SQL server 7.0/2000/2005/2008/2012, Oracle, Teradata, MS Access
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Data Transformation Services
Languages: Transact- SQL, SQL, HTML, XHTML, C, XML, .NET frame work
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server DTS
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Business Objects.
SQL Server Tools: SQL server Management Studio, SQL server Query Analyzer, SQL server mail service, DBCC, BCP, SQL server profiler.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin tool, Microsoft Visio 2000/2003
Source Control: TFS 2010/2008, VSS, SVN
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
SQL BI Developer (contract)
- As a part of BI/Database team, involved in requirement gathering, technical design, development, testing and implementation of BI analytics and reports.
- Experienced in creating complex store procedures with Pivot, Un-Pivot, triggers and functions.
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Execute Process Task, Send Mail Task, FTP task, Execute Package task, XML Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, for each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate, Expression, OLE DB command, and Derived Column.
- Responsible for ETL operation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed SSIS 2012 packages to migrate data from Oracle, Access, flat files and Excel into SQL server 2012 for further data analysis and reporting by using multiple transformations.
- Involved in development of the Incremental Load Process using SSIS packages for the Cerner application.
- Generated and deployed various reports like parameterized, bar charts, pie-charts, drill-down, and 100% stacked column reports, based upon the business requirements.
- Experience in report customization via the use of Grouping, Sorting, Field Highlighting, Conditional Formatting, Running Totals, Summaries, Static & Dynamic Parameters, Static & Dynamic Graphic Objects, Custom Formulas and Custom Functions.
- Delivered 20 different packages which were all Ad-hoc request on the project.
- Involved in the Automation of the Incremental Load process using the Red gate tool.
- When needed, provided production support on a 24/7 basis for production jobs.
- Worked as a Lead for providing bug fixes and supporting production issues for the UAT Team.
- Involved in transforming data from Development into Stage and Prod environments using BCP process.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
SQL BI Developer (contract)
- Interacted with Users, Team Leads, DBA’s And Technical Managerd to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Responsible for writing T-SQL code for creating cursor and handling data validations
- Monitored and modified performance using execution plans and Index tuning
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential Integrity Rules and Regulations through Constraints, Triggers and Views, Partitioned Views.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Created Views as required by Front-End Developers for easier implementation on web pages, and triggers on those views to provide efficient data manipulation.
- Assisted and supported issues related to the queries and database systems.
- Involved in rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Created SSIS Packages user data from the Flat files on a monthly and weekly basis
- Designed SSIS packages to load data from different sources Text files, Excel to staging and staging to Data warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages using script task with C#.
- Deployed and scheduled reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status
- Created reports using SQL Server 2008 R2 (SSRS) and integrated them into the web front-end.
- Generated Matrix reports, Sub reports and complex reports with multi value parameters for the analysis of Performance.
- Created Drill reports which give all the details of various transactions like closed transactions, pending approvals, and summary of transactions and scheduled this report to run on quarterly basis using SSRS (Reporting services).
- Worked on performance tuning, and optimization of procedures and queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, VB.NET, ADO.NET, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
SQL SSAS Developer (contract)
- Confidential Corporation is an Insurance company, which today offers a broad portfolio of life and specialty insurance and investment products.
- Responsible for conceptual, logical and physical design with a significant effort towards application using Erwin.
- Created T-SQL Stored Procedures and queries for accessing data from Teradata Database.
- Used advance features of T-SQL to design and tune T-SQL to interface with the databases and other applications in the most efficient manner.
- Created Stored Procedures for package Initialization and end package information to update the package log table.
- Designed & Developed Type 2 Slowly Changing Dimensions in order to maintain the historical changes for the business purposes.
- Designed and Developed SSIS Packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow items to Transform and Load the Data from various Databases and into Siemens servers using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used Script task component and established iterative load for faster retrieval & to improve performance.
- Used different transformations like lookup, condition split, and row count Transformation, Derived Column, Data Conversion etc.
- Worked on the Existing (legacy) SSIS packages and modified the same packages to match it for different sources for integration.
- Experience in managing and automating control flow, data flow, events and logging programmatically using Microsoft .NET framework for SSIS packages
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-Hoc reports as per the client requirements.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Expertise in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Data Mining Models, Deploying and Processing SSAS objects, and writing MDX queries.
- Developed SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Involved in building Data Marts and multi-dimensional models like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Created Package Configuration file with connection information source, staging and destination databases, send mail task connection information and log directory path value.
- Prepared technical documentation for every stored procedure and updated those stored procedures with new data elements.
- Created SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel, XML files into UL Database and DB2 Billing Systems.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio 2010, SSMS (Sql Server Management Studio),T- SQL, Oracle 10g,Windows 7,Siebel,SAP, .NET Framework, C#2008, Erwin.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SSIS /SSRS/TSQL Developer
- Abbott Labs is a global pharmaceutical giant devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health.
- The project mainly involved maintenance of database objects such as tables and stored procedures. It also involved enhancement of some existing functionalities and ETL logic.
- Interacted with Users, Team Leads, DBA’s And Technical Managers to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2008/2005 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Worked on SSIS Script component using Visual Basic Applications, VB.NET and C#.
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying the information needs within and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and Migration with SQL server Export Utility.
- Use SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Created Dashboards and reporting services web parts using Moss 2007.
- Involved in deployment of SSRS reports on the SharePoint Portal.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Data Migration - Migrated and converted data to be sent across different servers and databases to accomplish database mirroring. This involved setting up automated Unix Shell Scripts to extract and massage data from Informix and Oracle databases into text files. These text files were then FTP’ed to destination servers where another automated process was executed to load the text files into the desired target tables
- Created different reports like sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS.
- Created datasets using stored procedures and reports using multi value parameters
- Deployed the SSRS reports in Microsoft office share point portal server MOSS 2007.
- Worked on SSIS for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database (Access database and xml format data) to SQL Server.
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, CrystalReports8.5, Business objects, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NETFramework2.0, C#, SQLProfiler, Access 2003, Agile methodologies, Business Objects X1, Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft office 2007 Visual Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
SQL BI Developer (contract)
- One of world’s leading marketing and media agencies, Digitas is now also one of the first global digital networks with offices in the USA, Europe, and Asia. Created an automated ETL summary report which consists of the summary information for all the loading activities done for day and month
- Created system for capturing, reporting, and correcting error data.
- Provided on-call support to production system to resolve any issues.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages, store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implementing best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Gathered requirements and designed the data warehouse and data mart entities
- Defined the logged process for all the packages, populated it with entries like inserted record, updated record and error record
- Implemented the lookup transform extensively to populate the unmatched entries to dimension table
- Automated the SSIS jobs in SQL scheduler as SQL server agent job for daily, weekly and monthly loads
- Implemented the error threshold using precedence constraints and variables in SSIS packages using business rules as reference
- Built efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transforms and type 1 and type 2 changes.
- Trained and managed Developers, advising other groups in organization on SSIS development, data warehouse development, and ETL development best practices.
- Extensively worked with SSAS for processing different cubes
- Conducted code walkthroughs and review peer code and documentation.
- Worked on different file formats(fixed width, ragged right and delimited data sets)
- Worked with Developers, DBAs, and systems support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, ERWIN
SQL Server Developer/DBA
- Confidential Ltd. is a joint venture between OSI Systems Inc. and Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL).The entire manufacturing of the X-ray Baggage Inspection Systems (XBIS) and the technology for X-ray Baggage Inspection Systems is supplied by RAPISCAN
- Gathered requirements to identify and create database objects such as tables, views, triggers and indexes.
- Involved in Normalization of the database and bringing it to 3NF.
- Involved in creating the constraints, rules, defaults and triggers to maintain the data and referential integrity.
- Created ER diagrams using Visio.
- Created Views to enforce security and data customization.
- Created Non-Clustered indexes to improve query performance and query optimization.
- Involved in the performance tuning and optimization of T-SQL queries.
- Responsible for Data migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 Databases.
- Created Stored Procedures for commonly used complex queries involving join and union of multiple tables.
- Developed user requested reports using Crystal Reports and Excel.
- Created Drill down and Drill through reports using Crystal Reports
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows XP/2000, Crystal Reports, Excel.