- Over 8 years of IT experience in database design, development and maintenance of Database using tools of MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 in development, test and production environments with Insurance, Banking Domains
- Extensively involved through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from initial planning through implementation of the projects. Capable of handling responsibilities independently.
- Monitoring SQL server performance and Troubleshooting SSIS load errors.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, extracting and transforming data using DTS/SSIS, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, functions, Cursors and Indexes using T - SQL.
- Proficient in SQL Server and T-SQL (DDL and DML) in constructing Tables, Normalization techniques on database Tables.
- Worked on Power BI and prepared dashboards using Tableau to make it more attractive.
- Experience in creating Indexes, Indexed Views in observing Business Rules and creating effective Functions and appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Used Report Wizard, Report Builder and Report Manager for developing reports and deploying reports in SSRS.Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration
- Extensive experience in the development of Reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Access and developed Custom Report and different types of TabularReports, Cascading Reports, Matrix Reports, drilldown reports and score cards in multiple formats using multi - dimensional objects.
- Proficiency in Developing SSAS Cubes, Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Experience working with Master Data Management (MDM).
- Good experience in Creating, Populating and maintaining Data marts. Thorough knowledge of Features, Structure, Attributes, Hierarchies, Star and Snow Flake Schemas of Data Marts.
- Good Knowledge in using Crystal Management Console, Crystal Configuration Manager, Crystal Repository, Crystal Migration and Publishing Wizard for publishing reports on the Intranet.
- Involved in the migration of SQL Server from 2008 to 2012.
- Worked very closely with Customers, End users and powered users collect requirements and training or resolve any business process related issues.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving skills with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, highly-adaptable, team-player, pro-active and eager to learn and perform new tasks.
- Quick learner and good performer both in team and independent job environments
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 , Azure (Cloud Server), Access, MySQL, Oracle 10g, 11g,12c.
Programming Languages: T -SQL, HTML, XML, PowerShell, VB.NET, ASAP.NET
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Business Objects, Power BI, Business Intelligence Development studio(BIDS), Visual Studio, Crystal Reports 9.0, Performance Point Server, ProClarity, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Erwin.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Windows 8/NT/XP/Professional, MS-DOS, Red Hat Linux
Version Control: TFS/GIT/SVN
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, HTML, XML, VBScript, C#.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, ActiveX, XML, MS Access, HTML, DHTML, Shell Scripting
Tools: SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Management Studio.
Third party tools: Red gate, Idera Diagnostic Manager, Spotlight.
Protocol: FTP, TCP/IP, Named Pipe.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. SQL BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Enhancements, Troubleshooting defects and processing of the SSAS Cubes.
- Responsible for monitoring daily jobs, weekly jobs of Data loading and SSAS cube processing.
- Created stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views for both Online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules.
- Created Complex T-SQL Queries for joining different tables and Extracting tables with specified functionality.
- Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel spreadsheets, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Involved in building and maintaining SSIS Packages to import and export the data from various data sources using BIDS based on the design data models.
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute Sql Task, Execute Package Task, and Conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Responsible to support SQL Servers with ever-changing workloads, and achieving some level of predictable performance (or minimizing variance in plans and performance).
Environment: MSSQL Server 2012, 2014, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2013, 2008, XML, MS Access 2010, MS Excel 2010, SQL Server Profiler, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), Business Object, Dashboard.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Sr. Business Intelligence DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate table creation, execute procedures.
- Developed SSIS Packages and Stored Procedures to load/transform/cleanse data from SQL Server, Oracle and Excel Files to Facts and Dimension Tables in the Data Warehouse.
- Created reports to retrieve data from stored procedures, Cubes that accept parameters.
- Migrated all DTS packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the packages accordingly using the advanced features of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Extracted data from Oracle and migrated into SQL Server 2005 using SSIS .
- Migrated data from different sources (text based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) .
- Worked on different kinds of Transformations in SSIS like Slowly changing dimension (SCD’s), Lookup, Merge, Derived column, Multicast, Conditional split, Aggregate, Fuzzy lookup, Pivot and UnPivot as per the client requirement.
- Created Configuration Files for Packages and SSIS logging on XML Files.
- Developed different kind of reports such a Dashboards , Sub Reports , Charts , Matrix reports , Crystal reports Linked Reports Using SSRS .
- Create reports in Power BI review entryway using the SSAS Tabular by means of Analysis connector.
- Responsible for making SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Expert on making numerous sort of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Develop reports using complex formulas and to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports using SSRS .
- Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS in SQL Server 2008R2.
- Scheduled SSRS 2012 Data alerts on mission critical reports to send alerts based on business rules.
Environment: MSSQL Server 2014, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, ETL, T-SQL, System Monitor / Performance Monitor, Visual Studio2013/2015, SQL Server Profiler, Dashboard, SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Crystal Reports, Visual Studio, Tableau 9.1, MS Excel, MS Project, Windows server 2008 R2.
Confidential, Reston, VA
MS SQL BI (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS Developer)Responsibilities:
- Involved with Installation, Upgrade and Troubleshooting of MS SQL Server 2005.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, Cursors tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Designed, Developed and maintained Relational databases.
- Involved with tracing activities using SQL Profiler.
- Created Stored Procedures for reports generation.
- Created SSIS Packages to import and export data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text files and CSV files.
- Scheduled SSIS Packages daily and weekly Basis.
- Used various transformations like Merge, merge Join, Lookup, Conditional Split, Derived Column, aggregate transformations to validate and cleanse the data
- Extensively involved in knowledge transfer for the documentation team for the development activities carried out by team.
- Generated Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports as per the customer requirements using subscriptions and Created Tabular Reports, Cross Tab Reports, Sub Reports.
- Created AD-Hoc reports using Report Builder and maintained Report Manager for SSRS.
Environment: MSSQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ETL, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server Profiler, Dashboard, SQL Server Management Studio.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
MS SQL Server DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training.
- Involved in Physical / Logical design of database, creating and managing the database and all the database objects.
- Generated SQL scripts for application development.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers and maintaining referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data.
- Created Stored Procedures and User Defined functions.
- Created Indexes to speed up the queries.
- Worked on complex data loading (implemented the batch data cleansing and data loading).
- Extensively used joins and subqueries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Resolved DB2 server alerts, analyzed execution plans to troubleshoot potential performance issues, used system monitor, event log viewer and analyzer for monitoring and tuning.
- Aimed at simple to medium complexity reconciliation needs.
- Involved in maintenance and support of 12 set of Reconciliations and in issues resulting in code changes (L3 Support).
- Worked on ad hoc requests for generating customized reports and providing root cause analysis of the issues arising of a single trade and a bunch of trades.
- Created and managed SQL scripts as per the user requests. Resolved various bugs reported from the production environment.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, 2008/2005, Windows Server 2003/2008, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, .NET, Oracle 10g, Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Diagnostic Manager, MS Visio 2003.
Junior MS SQL Server DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Developed Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Worked on different kinds of Transformations in SSIS like Slowly changing dimension (SCD’s), Lookup, Merge, Derived column, Multicast, Conditional split, Aggregate, Fuzzy lookup, Pivot and Un-Pivot as per the client requirement.
- Implemented Logging and Event Handlers on SSIS packages for trouble shooting.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Created SQL Server Reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008R2.
- Involved in analysis of Report design requirements and actively participated and interacted with Team Lead, Technical Manager and Lead Business Analyst to understand the Business requirements.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Excel, TSQL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Integration services, C#, VB.Net.