- Over 15 years of experience creating innovative solutions for companies using a combination of FileMaker, SQL, and web technologies.
- Met with product owners and end users to gather requirements, generate detailed documentation, and determine pain points to provide a complete solution.
- Reduced physical storage by allowing the record management system (RMS) to easily store, review, and retrieve specialized digital media in native formats.
- Analyzed and updated existing scripting to improve performance using best practices with added documentation and removed redundancy through code modularization.
- Architected an automatic update solution for mobile units that would verify the client status, download the latest files, and detect / repair system corruption.
- Cultivated trust and good working relationships with product owners to encourage problem reporting and feature requests.
- Advanced Relational database design and programming in FileMaker and SQL technologies
- Expert Microsoft Office including: Visio, Excel, OneNote, and Access
- Advanced Windows Server operating systems, including Server 2008 R2, and Server 2012 R2
- Advanced Windows Scripting with PowerShell and batch scripting
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Designed, developed, and provided training for new and updated functionality in the client RMS.
- Performed testing and applied upgrades to the internal FileMaker platform.
- Completely overhauled the patrol interface to function in a rugged tablet environment.
- Created a minor alcohol sales attempt builder that took license data from the State of Michigan and provided an easy to use interface that would integrate the data into the RMS.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Improved command staff functionality by updating the RMS to function in a remote app environment providing in the moment access.
- Streamlined equipment requests by creating a quartermaster solution that tracks requests, inventory, ordering, clothing sizes, and assignments.
- Met with product owners and shadowed end users to gather requirements and generate documentation on current processes.
Confidential, Caledonia, MI
Owner / Developer
- Analyzed current practices of customers and suggested alternative methods of performing the same work which saved time and money for the customer.
- Built custom tailored FileMaker databases to fit customer needs including customer management, sales and inventory tracking, trouble requests, and asset management.
- Designed, hosted, and maintained multiple customer websites designed with PHP / MySQL and WordPress on third party webservers.
Confidential, Portage, MI
Desktop and Network Support Specialist
- Saved the company hundreds of labor hours by creating a program using PHP / MySQL that matched a client export with the internal tracking solution with less than a .01% error rate.
- Changed system crippling SSRS reports that took over an hour to run into lightweight SQL queries that ran in less than two minutes.
Confidential, Jackson, MI
IT Manager / Developer
- Greatly improved the website functionality and usability through multiple redesigns utilizing PHP / MySQL.
- Created, implemented, and tested a disaster recovery plan to ensure business records would be retained in the event of a disaster.
- Built an internal FileMaker Database solution to track interoffice mail, sales, and floorplan payoffs.
Confidential, Kalamazoo, MI
- Added more robust features to the Newspapers in Education database built in FileMaker.
- Created an intranet site to provide links to internal systems, the current day’s newspaper, and the trouble ticket tracking system.