- Accomplished IT personell with expertise in data analysis, performance tuning, crisis management, and high availability to increase reliability, maximize productivity, and introduce system efficiencies supporting next - generation database solutions in oracle database enterprise.
Operating Systems: UNIX - Solaris, HP UX, AIX, Red Hat 6.5 (and older), Linux 3.17 (and older), and Windows
RDBMS: Oracle 10g 11g Releases 1 and 2, 12c
Tools: SQL*Plus, EM, Grid Control, SQL*Loader, RMAN, Tracing, StatsPack, Explain-Plan, ASM Grid Control, AWR, Scheduler, Data Pump, Shell Scripting, ASH, TOAD, SQL Developer, IBM Clear Case, IBM Clear Quest.
Confidential, Coon Rapids, MN
Data Technology Analyst
- Started and managed biweekly optimization meetings with enterprise user groups to address and resolve performance-related issues with a high degree of success.
- Successfully set up a two-node cluster and RAC data warehouse on Linux (Oracle) using ASM.
- Identified, led, and established automation of repetitive processes to minimize errors.
- Completely eliminated space errors by implementing proactive space monitoring and effective space allocation.
- Greatly improved performance in daily transactions by identifying and reorganizing index on major tables.
- Performed migration from 11gR2 to 12c.
- Formulated recommendations about optimal storage configurations for senior management.
- Identified and reduced/eliminated non-idle wait events such as scattered file read, sequential file read wait event, log file completion, in queue, and buffer latch waits.
- Exported and imported data using export/import utilities.
Confidential, Bowie, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Provide Oracle database administrative support to various user groups (application developers, data managers etc.); create and maintain Oracle database objects (schemas, tables, indexes etc.).
- Analyze and tune voluminous SQL code.
- Tuned database objects to run smoothly by analyzing query paths (creating explain path tables) and using efficient indexing.
- Perform capacity planning in terms of memory and disk usage, establishing benchmarks for business and technical performance.